what are you eating today?

soepom

not bad, legumes will be coming into season and you could do a lot of interesting things with the various squashes and zucchinis as well, wraps and basket weaves, etc.

Thanks, really just felt like messing around with my petty knife and had half a cucumber I needed to eat.

Speaking of squash, I bought a Zephyr squash the other day. Had never had one before. Just sautéed it and ate it with some roasted chicken drumsticks. Great sweet summer squash flavor, and they are definitely interesting to look at :

zephyr_squash.jpg

(picture is just from google)

^^ damn all that looks good haha.

heres my little picture dump....

pho after edc

IMG_1097.jpg

egg rolls rice and noodles at my girls house

IMG_1098.jpg

love jack in the box lol. real big chick

IMG_1100.jpg

forgot to take a real pic... but fish tacos from rubios (hidden lol)

IMG_1106.jpg

spam eggs garlic fried rice

IMG_1109.jpg

steak macho burrito from del taco

IMG_1110.jpg

crab cake eggs benedict with fries ( i dont like home fries)

IMG_1111.jpg

bi-weekly double double

phgfgffoto.jpg

big ass breakfast burrito from farmer boys

phoggffto.jpg

guts..

phhjhoto.jpg

Had at a pack of Prime Rib Burger Patties. Spent most of the entire week progressively trying to make them better. After a run-in with the David Chang cookbook, and a chapter from Medium Raw, I feel like I've arrived at something I can be pretty proud of serving to anyone.

Day 1, Caramelized Red Onions, Mozarella, Bed of Lettuce, Sesame Bun, and a Patty Confit (gone wrong, overcooked).

4773616872_da4da5e7ac_b.jpg

4772977573_0a17833030_b.jpg

Day 2, Caramelized White Onions, Chedar (?), Bed of Lettuce, Tomatoes, Sesame Bun, Soft Boil (David Chang's) and a Medium Raw Patty.

4772980567_106288af5e_b.jpg

4772980763_3897f8a8f0_b.jpg

Day 3,Caramelized Red Onions, Swiss Cheese, Tomatoes, Butter Roll Bun, Soft Boil (David Chang's) and the Patty Confit (medium raw).

4773621224_3c29d4351c_b.jpg

burgers look good, but cook those onions down even more until they melt. Makes them even more like a condiment and they will stay in place on the burger better (not that it looks like you're having a problem with that).

Also kind of think that a thin slice or two of raw onion could help the tomato brighten up the whole thing a bit and cut through the richness added by the egg...that's just preference though.

I'd also tend to go for fried egg over soft boiled for burger applications (or, in reality, probably no egg at all), but again, only opinion.

fun that you experimented with making the same thing with minor tweaks...would rep if I could.

Would eat them all, ha.

Kheer (Basmati rice pudding with a little almond and pistachios) and two Gulab Jamun's (Fried milk pastry dumblings in sweet HOT Saffron syrup).

ae4001c7.jpg

my man had some earthquake commision work to do in the far north so i went along for the ride, we stopped in all the little towns for food, but i r stupid and forgot my camera

this is the food i came home with

0paihia.jpg

from get fudged in Paihia his daughter and i got sugar crazy

date fudge

chicken feet

vampire bats

rhubard and custard balls

cokebottles

i stopped at an old friends in the Hokianga for a cup of tea and he gave me some of his melon konfet

trying not to eat more than one an hour

had friends over for tea and to watch the all blacks v's the springboks

made my version of huntsmans stew

lamb, beef, pork

0meat.jpg

added herbs spices garlic and onion

0meat1.jpg

added venison sausages and leeks and mushrooms

0meat2.jpg

0meat3.jpg

forgot to take photos when it was done... served on yorkshire puddings with potatoes mashed with cream cheese and steamed brocolli and had homemade hazelnut icecream for pudding

while the slowcooker was doing its thing i made use of some of the citrus i have in my back yard,,, grapefruit, lemon, tangello and a lime

0marmalaide.jpg

added water and a ton of sugar

0marmalaide1.jpg

and stuck it jars

0marmalaide2.jpg

perfectly bitter marmalade

On a lighter, and (probably) healthier tip, here's the eats for the last few days.

Dinner, Shabu-Shabu. Managed to employ my new softboil skill and raise a couple eyebrows at that. Dropping eggs into a glass of ice water, not a common sight.

4773620664_811ab73b98_b.jpg

Desert, Choco Mint Gelato.

4772981187_5f23e0aec1_b.jpg

Pre-Workout Lunch. Had at a new Deli with the missus, Italian Tuna Sub, and Clam Chowder.

4772981729_cb82ce5676_b.jpg

4773621648_3ea8fc81cf_b.jpg

Sunday lunch. Started with Tokwa't Baboy (Tofu and Pork), which kind of looks a lot like Ceviche though don't you think?

4772982419_a7f0ec0980_b.jpg

Then onto mains.. Cebu Lechon, easily one of the best ways to have pork in the world.

4773622390_96091afd5b_b.jpg

some eats from today and the other day..

from the other day...

chickfila spicy sandwhich w/fries (no pic)

phrrroto.jpg

trader joes pot stickers

photdddo-2.jpg

and from a bbq today.

ooooooo weeeeeee

phggoto.jpg

beef ribs smoked sausage chicken breast and thigh

phokjkjto.jpg

more chicken

photkkkko.jpg

bonus... mango kush topped with some hash.

phowwwto.jpg

super chill sunday.