The Flight Jacket Thread

still

The Cockpit makes nylon jackets, too?

i don't know if they make them, but they carry them in their shop in soho.

think im gonna give myself a goodwear this christmas.. great great i think a dubow from them would be great!

I don't know how long the wait is right now but I think it's usually 3 or 4 months so check it out and plan ahead. They are made to order.

If you wanna to save some bucks and get yourself an original flight jacket check out a USN G-1 aviator's jacket. They frequently go for far less that original flight jackets and are even cheaper yet than the Japanese repros. Here's a couple photos of an early 1950's Korean War era 7823 G-1.

Werberfront.jpg

The USN stencil under the mouton collar indicates it's an early series G-1.

Werbercollarstencilback.jpg

Not a big fan of flight jackets, but I do love horsehide motorcycle jackets. I just received my Aero Bootlegger in the mail about one week ago.

img2320resize.jpg

It was stiff as hell, but a night of boozing with the old lady at the bars and this baby was broken in nice and well. It has a cool little pistol pocket on the inside, perfect for outlaw nights when one needs to liberate some money from a Brinks truck.

It's my first horsehide jacket and it is a real investment to me. I don't wear leather jackets much as i live in Cali, but I hope this one can stay with me for life.

The color is absolutely amazing and the detailing by Aero is nice.

It's my first horsehide jacket and it is a real investment to me. I don't wear leather jackets much as i live in Cali, but I hope this one can stay with me for life.

The color is absolutely amazing and the detailing by Aero is nice.

I"m also in CA and have worn leather quite a while. I've owned many Aeros and love them all. I just had to sell my shearling D-1 Aero because I've worn it once since moving here 5 years ago...

It's probably good you didn't go Alpaca on it as Alpaca is really warm. the only thing about your jacket that might be a concern is the slanted zipper... is it easy to use or does it get in the way? I've never own a jacket with slanted zipper...

It's a swell jacket!

Aero's need to be purchased directly through the factory in Scotland, or one of their distributors. I ordered through the distributor and also currently it is taking about 5months to get an order. They make the jacket custom fit to your measurements.

I will post fit pics later this evening. It fits really well.

Beautiful jacket Switch. I haven't seen a bootlegger in the cordovan, totally baddass.

Aero are legends in my opinion. Customer service excellent. I'm thinking about getting my third Aero - maybe a cafe racer style. Anyone drooling over the upcoming Mr Freedom leather jacket would be advised to check out Aero - if you can take a few months wait that is.

The bootlegger runs about $650 in the states. I think it is about $600 if you get it directly from Scotland. Be ready to wait about 4-5 months.

They do have factory seconds every once in a while that are for sale or even "trainee" jackets that are significantly discounted. One does not need to wait for those.

check out the pics on the USA site:

http://www.picturetrail.com/aeroleatherusa

Not a big fan of flight jackets, but I do love horsehide motorcycle jackets. I just received my Aero Bootlegger in the mail about one week ago.

img2320resize.jpg

It was stiff as hell, but a night of boozing with the old lady at the bars and this baby was broken in nice and well. It has a cool little pistol pocket on the inside, perfect for outlaw nights when one needs to liberate some money from a Brinks truck.

Great looking jacket. I like the royal stewart tartan lining.

Hey Partytaco.... Where's ya 27752 photos?

Johns making mine this coming week, speaking to him Monday to run through the details.

I saw an amazing size 42" on his site with lighter knits, was that your baby?

Fit pics. Some of y'all requested. This jacket

is really loosening up quite a bit. Nice and pliable

now.

Zipped up. My favorite way to wear it.

bootleggercroppedfrontz.jpg

Unzipped. Still looks good.

bootleggercroppedfrontu.jpg

The back.

bootleggercropresizebac.jpg

Those jeans are pretty pimp if I do say so aswell.