The Flight Jacket Thread

still

grant you pics are just always great, thanks for sharing. cant rep you at the moment. by the way the book still didnt arrive seems i have massive problems with the seller. pity

i love this little pocket of cornell surgery on superfuture. :)

great posts guys.

Seconded! This thread is quickly filling a place that "Shoes that look better with age..." used to inhabit for me: gaining major new knowledge and being absolutely floored by some incredibly classy and naturally pulled off looks by guys who have been doing it right for years.

Thanks Doc

He is the MAN. And he even used some 40s deadstock mouton for the collar.

If ya ordered now maybe sump'm by Christmas.

Thanks AF (I dont know if you got my pm?)

I have contacted John again, and we are back on for the production Monarch as the goat has just arrived. And yes, he is THE MAN.

Your photos have spurned me on to order it regardless of finances.

Im off-line as from today, so speak to you all soon... :)

Thanks AF (I dont know if you got my pm?)

I have contacted John again, and we are back on for the production Monarch as the goat has just arrived. And yes, he is THE MAN.

Your photos have spurned me on to order it regardless of finances.

Im off-line as from today, so speak to you all soon... :)

Good news Dr H and hope that you are up and on line soon.

I always forget to check my PMs. I just did.

HH, I just ordered an Aero in the seal jerky. Is yours the seal after 10 years? How stiff was it to start?

I ordered Aero's, now nobody laugh, "Happy Days" jacket except I asked them to swap the collar for a smaller one. I love A2's but I can't live without hand warmers and a chest pocket and the "Happy Days" is basically an A2 with hand warmers instead of the flap pockets. I also got their quilted lining so it would work for fall and winter on the East coast.

It was a tough call with the new HH John at Goodwear has. I just saw some pictures at the vintage leather site of a guys new Goodwear Roughwear and it is freakin' gorgeous.

HH, I just ordered an Aero in the seal jerky. Is yours the seal after 10 years? How stiff was it to start?

I ordered Aero's, now nobody laugh, "Happy Days" jacket except I asked them to swap the collar for a smaller one. I love A2's but I can't live without hand warmers and a chest pocket and the "Happy Days" is basically an A2 with hand warmers instead of the flap pockets. I also got their quilted lining so it would work for fall and winter on the East coast.

It was a tough call with the new HH John at Goodwear has. I just saw some pictures at the vintage leather site of a guys new Goodwear Roughwear and it is freakin' gorgeous.

HEEEEYYYYYYYYYY.. .I won't laugh.. (that's my best Fonzi)

No the Happy Days is a classic jacket.

I really like those Goodwear's too, but they didn't exist when I bought mine. It was a little stiff when I first got it, but many rain storms, and years of wear and it's pretty much butter. It's been through a lot and Aero's horsehide can really, really take a beating.

Being in LA the cotton liner is fine for most day and it does get cold, a sweater will do.

Pics when your jacket comes in!

a jacket is something you save up for. And people still buy quality. I'd rather buy one aero for my lifetime than 10 walmart jackets if you know what I mean.

Really nice lookin jacket and I don't typically like flight jackets.