The Flight Jacket Thread

still

Yeah, I went to the Aero factory and all the workers had on Red Wing boots, Samurai jeans, and beautiful chambray shirts. Some of them were even sporting the much hipper and fashionista-ish mister freedom clothes.

I ve never been there nor I will ever be,but I will stand here upright telling everybody who wants to know it or not ,that that cant be true.stop irritating noobs!

If it is,I will save up for a Goodwear! Now!

have to spread rnrswitch.

Yeah, the Monarch M-422 looks very cool. IMHO the early USN flying jackets are thee most beautiful jackets made in WWII. The USN spared no expense in the materials and construction of the M-422. Here's a photo of an original Willis & Geiger M-422. My photo sucks but the goatskin has a beautiful, almost transparent analine finish to it and the brass art deco Talon zip is very cool. The ultimate for us jacket nerds!

When are you expecting delivery of your Monarch?

QUOTE]

Agreed !

The M-422 is without doubt my favorite WW2 Jacket also. I've seen pics of them but only got as far as owning a 55J144 and a '68 G-1. Been looking for a G+ferguson for years but so MANY issues with old originals.... if you can find one to fit.

John said He will start the jacket in 3-4 weeks.

Custom made to my required measurements.

Seen pics of the russet and the new seal version. Going for the seal.

Had samples of the leather (horse for A-2's as well) and have seen pics of the cuffs and waistband (not mid brown, has a yellowish hue to them as per originals).

Burgundy lining. Yellow USN under the collar.

Original WW2 Talon zipper and art deco box.

I will live in it !! :D

Dr H Just to tide you over. The goat on this jacket is just unreal. The mouton is vintage 40s mouton and a triple stamped talon and art deco stamped stopper box. From a special russet goat John had.

IMG_7224.jpg

IMG_7225.jpg

IMG_7226.jpg

IMG_7229.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

IMG_7239.jpg

IMG_7246.jpg

Oh fuck,I knew this would happen sooner or later.why do you do this to me,Airfrog? No,i dont want a Goodwear,i will spent my hard earned on a much cheaper Aero.finger crossed.

(Forward-wind two years after buying and selling said Aero, Almostnice takes delivery of his first Goodwear A-2)

;)

AF

Thanks again mate, your jacket is Awesome!!

Yeah I have a sample of the goat in russet like yours. Could've had it but went for the new seal. Cant wait...

Cant seem to +rep you or crownzip. Apparently got to 'spread it around'.

Dr H I like it both light and dark .I went lighter because my Aero 6552 was dark (sold it) This is the FINEST Navy repro I've ever owned and I've owned a few.

What kind of leather? Water will do wonders to breaking in a leather jacket.

I think the Werber's 1402-P is about as slim as you'd get in an A-2 although the cut of the Dubow 20960 and the Bronco can also look pretty trim due to the sillouhette.

I just finished reading through all 100 pages of this thread. It only took me 3 days but it was worth it. Seems like the A-2 leather heads have been dominating for waaaay too long. As a proud owner of a black BR MA-1 and a Real McCoys Pasadena Pistol Packer Type L-2 I thought it was time someone brought back the nylon love!

Unfortunately my war chariot is not a B-26 bomber, it's a very dirty mil-spec Honda Fit that my girlfriend bought. Mm-hmm. More money for jackets I think.

4064357080_81980886d2.jpg

By the way, I was on my way to Shanghai's first Japanese denim/ flight jacket event - Indigo Night. The guys from The Few, Fullcount & Lighting mag were all there. Pics of some amazing painted A-2's to come soon.

Nice Real McCoy's L-2 and welcome to the jacket freak thread. Real McCoy's have been making some of the best cloth flight jackets for years. I've got a Stagg B-10 I bought years ago that's really kick ass.

Sounds like the Shanghi's event was the place to be. Looking forward to seeing photos.