those god damn filipinos.

red

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the good thing about this is that they are FREAKS in bed and pretty slutty for white boys like me, it's the only way they can get back at their overbearing parents.

don't flatter yourself, they're slutty for everyone

So is this shit actually any good?

A pic SELEGNA posted made me want to try it. But candied garbanzo beans? Jesus.

What does it taste like? Too strange for a cracker to appreciate?

halo-halo is amazing! It's shaved ice with milk, and then tons of sweet beans and coconut and jack fruit! holy shit, jack fruit. Fuck I want one of those right now. Best if you can make it homemade, but Goldylocks and other fil-am places make some pretty great ones in a pinch. Just avoid the ones with jello in it.

fuck I want some Jack Fruit.

So is this shit actually any good?

A pic SELEGNA posted made me want to try it. But candied garbanzo beans? Jesus.

What does it taste like? Too strange for a cracker to appreciate?

its like water ice .. but better by 100 times .... u gotta mix it all up before u eat it though hence the name "halo halo" w/c roughly translates to "mix mix" in english

"Halo-halo (from "halo" = mix) is a favorite Filipino dessert or snack. It is basically a mixture of sweet preserved beans(red beans, chick peas), coconut meat (macapuno), jackfruit (langka), pounded dried rice (pinipig), sweet yam (ube), cream flan (leche flan), shreds of sweetened plantain (saba), filled with crushed ice, milk (or coconut milk) and topped with ice cream. The halo-halo basically is sweet, creamy, and a filling dessert"

i like to make halo halo in the summer time. do you put pinipig and ube on yours? or straight?

my wife is a cracker, and she loves halo-halo. in fact, i think it is the only thing she ate while we visited the philippines besides goldilocks and that other one... uh... red ribbon? baked goods....

Back in the day when I was young, I'm not a kid anymore but some days i sit and wish I was a kid again...on vacation in Manila/Quezon City, an ice cream man would push his cart around and I'd always get the Pinipig Crunch.

Other food memories from my vacation:

Eating "fish balls" on a skewer from a guy w/ a push cart.

Fresh, hot Pan de Sal, straight from a bakery at like 5AM.

Some kind of small, round, pickled fruit you'd buy from a big ass jar. I can't remember the name although I think it started w/ an "m" (not mango).

Dried cuttle fish and Sprite

Bangos (sp?) aka milkfish, that has been marinated in vinegar* and then fried.

Langonisa made with black vinegar*

* Black vinegar that came from the Illocos. Super strong and tasty. Pops says you can't get it anywhere else.

god, i haven't had pan de sal in fucking ages

:weep:

Pan de sal with cheez wizz or any tube/jar of cheese spread is fking amazing for breakfast. Hell even Lady's Choice mayonnaise is yum with it.

I remember there being a Mac's and Goldilocks in San Francisco, out in Daily city? :confused:

oh man dont get me started on those dirty ice cream.. i love the keso (cheese) flavored one ... the one with shredded cheese bits in it .. that and some hot pandesal .... one good ice cream sandwich....

its spelled bangus

YES. and the coconut ice cream i think it was. and im going to olongapo tomorrow too.

live in buena park...theres at least 5-7 filipino stores 20 minutes away if theres traffic.

come to southern california!

More like come to NorCal. You'll find quite a few Filipino-owned and operated restaurants here. In Milpitas, a smaller town situated next to San Jose, I know of a few decent Filipino Mom and Pop bakeries, shops and restaurants. Or if you really want to go into Filipino overload, visit Daly City.

Btw, I'm not Filipino myself, but I grew up with Filipino friends, so I like to think I know what's up.

i wonder how many flips roam the future. we should start a revolution. yep.

We've taken over Europe, North America and Australia. What else is there?