Socal Meetup

soraanaam

beef

tomorrow maybe?

before i head back to the YAY AREA

eat some foodz n shit

i have a package that might need delivering to the DUCK made out of COTTON

YOU DONT LET HIM GET NO DAMN REST? SHlET.

GOTTA DRIVE FROM LAX TO HIS HOME (AN HOUR AWAY WITHOUT TRAFFIC) THEN DRIVE FROM HIS HOUSE TO WEST LA (2 HOURS WITH TRAFFIC)?

DAYAM HOMIE.

Hey, for when T.G. comes over I wanna do a spring/summer photoshoot. Either in Chinatown (you know that very busy/stereotypically-chinesey square where they shoot movies and music vids at)... Or go geurilla shoot at the Orochan mall rooftop... or go to Union Station areas (fountains etc.).

Or we could actually all try to goto the Ghetty dammit. I have never shot anyone at the ghetty it would be so awesome because I love shooting people portraits in museums!

Everyone start to PM ppl in socal for this. Let's go hype it up and chat.

If you dewdz are doing a meetup that doesn't involve a photoshoot, I'd be down.

Only if TG brings some Monteith's and meat pies.

Doesn't mean I'll shoot you man... I only shoot willing participants. Just show up when we eat foods. I got new places to chow at... like Versailles, korean bbq place with beef tongue next to some chill dive bars, this one nasty place that everyone(cops, crooks, filipinos, old white ppl, etc.) eats at and is open late in chinatown called WON KOK, go for cheap good eats, stay because of shittiest ass super long service, so much so that it gets rather funny. I've tried all these places and I've never once gotten sick... so yeah don't worry your pansy non-iron-stomachs.

Also I know a few bars in downtown with great views. C'mon england, don't avoid me :3

Doesn't mean I'll shoot you man... I only shoot willing participants. Just show up when we eat foods. I got new places to chow at... like Versailles, korean bbq place with beef tongue next to some chill dive bars, this one nasty place that everyone(cops, crooks, filipinos, old white ppl, etc.) eats at and is open late in chinatown called WON KOK, go for cheap good eats, stay because of shittiest ass super long service, so much so that it gets rather funny. I've tried all these places and I've never once gotten sick... so yeah don't worry your pansy non-iron-stomachs.

Also I know a few bars in downtown with great views. C'mon england, don't avoid me :3

I will do 1-on-1 photoshoot for $30. No touching.

I'd be down for a Korean BBQ meetup. Sadly enough, I've never been to one and would like to save looking like an idiot by going with bbq-educated asianz. Is that racist??!?

Really?

Korean bbq is easy. CAN YOU USE CHOPSTICKS?

I can grill meat with the best of them; been to plenty of Yakiniku places, etc. Not necessarily worried about that aspect.

Isn't there some form of etiquette or particular side dishes one should know? Not up on my Korean food.

I think it was sleazie or dizz that said that Korean food in LA is "better than in the motherland". You should definitely try it. Korean food in LA is pretty UN-exotic, meaning that I don't think you'd be in for some shock, save for gopchang (which is fucking delicious with soju btw).

The etiquette runs the same as in other east-asian sharing food type situations. Japanese people don't really share food out of a communal dish as much, though I'd suspect that you know basics? Chopsticks are a must.

In Korea I noticed that they like to "cut" their kimchi in half, i guess to not appear greedy. I'm chinese though. Don't give a fuck.

There are places where you have to grill meat yourself, and places where you can generally come out scentfree. I'm assuming that you want to grill it yourself.

Yes?

I think it was sleazie or dizz that said that Korean food in LA is "better than in the motherland". You should definitely try it. Korean food in LA is pretty UN-exotic, meaning that I don't think you'd be in for some shock, save for gopchang (which is fucking delicious with soju btw).

The etiquette runs the same as in other east-asian sharing food type situations. Japanese people don't really share food out of a communal dish as much, though I'd suspect that you know basics? Chopsticks are a must.

In Korea I noticed that they like to "cut" their kimchi in half, i guess to not appear greedy. I'm chinese though. Don't give a fuck.

There are places where you have to grill meat yourself, and places where you can generally come out scentfree. I'm assuming that you want to grill it yourself.

Yes?

Interesting. Yes, I want to grill myself.

I am ace with le chopstix.

yeah also no smiling when ordering... they hate it if u order all relaxed and happy... KBBQ is SERIOUS BUSINESS (0)

We better make it Chosun Galbi then. I was just checking up on this, and people think that bbq (and specifically bbq) is a little better at a place called Soot Bull Jeep. But seeing that this is going to be your first time to eat KBBQ, chosun galbi is a better representation.

Soot Bull Jeep would basically scare the shit out of you, and yet make you beg for more. Chosun Galbi is a favorite of the Koreans. It's nice and big, and has a bigger menu (i know how to order, don't worry). The main differences would be the size of the restaurants, grunge factor, and the grills (charcoal [sBJ] vs gas [CG]).

Up to you, I'm down for whatever, but if you're wearing expensive cluthinz, better stick with my choice.

We better make it Chosun Galbi then. I was just checking up on this, and people think that bbq (and specifically bbq) is a little better at a place called Soot Bull Jeep. But seeing that this is going to be your first time to eat KBBQ, chosun galbi is a better representation.

Soot Bull Jeep would basically scare the shit out of you, and yet make you beg for more. Chosun Galbi is a favorite of the Koreans. It's nice and big, and has a bigger menu (i know how to order, don't worry). The main differences would be the size of the restaurants, grunge factor, and the grills (charcoal [sBJ] vs gas [CG]).

Up to you, I'm down for whatever, but if you're wearing expensive cluthinz, better stick with my choice.

NO FUCKING CHARCOAL GRILL. SBJ scares me and I eat balut man. FUcking need a hazmat suit to keep the smell off of me, my hair, my beloved cottons, the inside of the car I ride in afterwards. If something is being char-grilled I'm paying someone to cook it far far away from me then run it over in one serving.

Also, if it's a gas grill... it better be under $20 per person... I've never paid more than 18 (including tip) for great kbbq in L.A.