Socal Meetup

soraanaam

the first sufu meetup i ever did was last year's winter hangar sale with masuerte.

we waited 3 hours inside to see if anyone would magically appear.

no. :mad:

p.s. can you believe that i've only met you for a year, jan? feels longer.

Servo can't waaaiiiiit. Hehe. Hasn't been anounced yet on email and on any other place... last year it was on February 9-20th.

I personally like going the last days of the sale because I like picking up ridiculous markdowns and the sizes left are usually to my liking. But if you're a M or S you should go first weekend, which is when I'm suggesting people to go meet up.

I'm a small or a medium so I'll be looking into making an appearance the first weekend of February, depending on when SuFu folks are available.

I will be back this weekend because of Chinese New Years.

Oh btw Barney's sale starts on Thursday.

SATURDAY MEETUP?

SATURDAY MEETUP?

SATURDAY MEETUP?

SATURDAY MEETUP?

SATURDAY MEETUP?

SATURDAY MEETUP?

SATURDAY MEETUP?

SATURDAY MEETUP?

SATURDAY MEETUP?

SATURDAY MEETUP?

by a bike do you mean a bicycle or motorcycle

if you have a motorcycle i think you would be good

bicycle isnt bad, just gotta be careful when riding

but if you can, id rent a car over taking the bus

the bus is slow and sucky

car is faster, but you have traffic and parking to deal with

is there a chance for a subarashii meet up?

hey guys i think i'm going to l.a. for a week at the end of the month. if i'm staying downtown do i really need a car? can i just rent a bike? is public transit as bad as everyone says?

Yes.

No.

For the love of god. Yes.

LA is probably the worst city in the US for using a bicycle.

Contrary to what pioneers of the downtown housing scene may try and tell you, 75% of downtown is a fucking terrible, terrible place to be at night: especially if you are a young woman. On top of that, there aren't multiple places in downtown close enough to each other to visit that might make having a bicycle a fun experience. Little Tokyo has some neat spots, there are some fantastic restaurants/bars spread around parts of downtown, and Santee Alley is gritty/interesting, but if you've never been to LA, you need to go explore other places.

Check out this thread for some general advice on the city:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=20064

Here's a short explanation of the bus (so I can copy/paste everytime someone asks this):

The city is enormous and more spread out than any city you've ever been, ever. Traffic is terrible: driving 10 miles can take 2 hours. The bus system works, but it is common to have to switch buses several times as well as take very round-about routes to get where you are going. Everything is spread out: if you want to see enough stuff to occupy an entire day, you'll have to use the bus multiple times on the same day to get to those places. For instance, if you want to spend a day around W. Hollywood/Beverly Hills and see Rodeo/Farmer's Market/Sunset/La Brea shops, etc. you'll need to take a bus to get to each of those, even though they are all in a 5 mile square area. Plus, downtown is goddamn far from everything.

Of all the areas in LA where you absolutely would NEED a car it is downtown la, esp. if you have any sort of itinerary/shopping agenda.

A cab to Hollywood from Standard DT costs about 25-30 bucks, and probably around 30-40 bucks to venice/santa monica area, so you're better off renting a car (dollar and enterprise are pretty cheap).

There's a subway near Macy's that goes to Hollywood too, but its kind of dodgy and doesnt really take you anywhere close to where you want to be.

I have a friend who, due to several DUIs, travels exclusively by bus/skateboard, and he says its the worst.

Have you ever seen the movie Crash?

Anyways, if you're there for holiday, renting a car is pretty much a must.

Why don't you have azn8oi be your chauffeur?

thanks guys! this helps alot. and scares me a little- my first time on the west.

i want to stay at the standard but that depends on my friend's budget. let me know if anyone wants to meetup for sure! :)

let mrip and i take you out to eat sometime haha.