Socal Meetup

soraanaam

Hmmm, hopefully I'll have a means of transportation by then, there's an event going on on that day I believe, hopefully nothing goes on at the event during night. But this all won't happen if I don't have a means of transportation. =( lol I be at L.A. for this event too, so hella near. Looking forward to it!

dinner 3rd of july then what ever happens at night in LA

all day on 4th... museums,, fountains,, trannies what ever masuerte finds

then breakfast lunch and afternoon tea on the 5th for those that are still awake..

this will be my first real life impression of the states.. you must help undo years of tv images

Um if anything L.A. will probably reinforce stereotypes. How do u think the l.a. riots came to be?

then breakfast lunch and afternoon tea on the 5th for those that are still awake..

this will be my first real life impression of the states.. you must help undo years of tv images

:(

i wanna see a tg.

:(

Sounds like I should drive up on the 4th, be homeless for a day, go home on the fifth?

Or is dinner on the third the most significant event?

Either way, it sounds like I'm going to be homeless for a day.

• 3 weeks later...

There are two people on a cigarette diet and a vegetarian going to the B+A+P+E store opening decked out in all black. Maybe not the vegetarian though, cus cuhz is a HYPEBEEST.

chigga plz.

hey england. kbbq? you can skip the hypebeast trip, homiez would just stare at your shoes.

• 2 weeks later...
There are two people on a cigarette diet and a vegetarian going to the B+A+P+E store opening decked out in all black. Maybe not the vegetarian though, cus cuhz is a HYPEBEEST.

chigga plz.

hey england. kbbq? you can skip the hypebeast trip, homiez would just stare at your shoes.

There's a BAPE store opening here? Ha hah.

Yes, we need to do KBBQ. Let me know when you gaiz want to arrange.

bape opened last friday. it's a few blocks to the west of fairfax on melrose, ha.

as for kbbq, i won't have time until next next saturday at the minimum.

i'll pm you later.

Check omni hotel,

http://www.yelp.com/biz/omni-los-angeles-hotel-los-angeles#hrid:1xVZPgIXS8xSHZ137jhDAA/query:hotels

I hear some people get 80 dollar a night deals.

Just go check yelp:

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=hotels&find_loc=Los+Angeles%2C+CA&ns=1&rpp=10

edit:

I agree with what england Mj's post ahead. Although I still love downtown and wilshire Ktown area, staying in W-hollywood is gonna be closer to alot more W-hollywood stores/sights and such. I doubt you'll be bored with staying in down town if you just want to be there for 2 days and do the whole down town travel in subways deal. But I've learned it's not an experience for everyone.

If you'd rather go out during the cooler hours of summer to check out the stores etc. Be surrounded by safe gay/bro/prettyl.a.chicks/party/sleeveless shirt crowds. Shop at some great stores near Rodeo Drive or Melrose or chow @ Westwood Restaurants etc. It's better to stay somewhere where England says but yeah it's gonna cost you more.

Go with me if you like a crazy/sleazy/lots-of-walking experience. I guess I like to slum it lots... but seriously shit is fun that way.

It seems you have an affinity for downtown (:) )! I think that for a first timer in LA, it's not a good suggestion though. I love the area (especially all the great places to eat) and it's great if you have a car or are really comfortable with LA transit and know where you're going, but it gets a bit rough at nights in certain parts, and it really doesn't have any of the specific things that people come all the way to LA to see. It's also 100% guaranteed that if you're in downtown you will need a car to get anywhere that you are obliged to see as a tourist - Santa Monica / Venice / BH / Shops in W. Hollywood.....

As I tell most visitors, I think you get the most out of LA without being flooded with other tourists by avoiding hotels in Santa Monica and Sunset Strip and staying further down in W. Hollywood. This gives you access to the Farmer's Market, Stores on Robertson/ Melrose/La Brea/Rodeo Drive, infinite upscale restaurants, a 15 minute bus to the beach, and dozens of good bars/lounges. Plus, you're pretty much in a central location for all of LA. (Well, Hollywood is a bit more central of course). This is one of the very few areas in LA that if you can bike/walk and see everything; and it's safe all the time.

Only problem is, finding a decent hotel in LA for under $200 can be tough. However, the following aren't bad for the prices:

http://www.elanhotel.com/

http://www.farmersdaughterhotel.com/

http://www.hotelbeverlyterrace.com/

• 2 weeks later...
have anyone been to marios the peruvian restaurant. its on melrose and pretty near to the bape store. beef strips + french fries = genius. cheap too

ive heard nothing but good things about this place but never had a chance to stop by, might have to check it out next time im in LA.

• 2 weeks later...
have anyone been to marios the peruvian restaurant. its on melrose and pretty near to the bape store. beef strips + french fries = genius. cheap too

Just goto El Pollo Inka for their lunch special.

Bread, soup or salad, the lomo saltado entree (marinated beef strips, fries, grilled onions, and etc. + rice), and of course a whole bottle of that special green sauce. All for $6.95!