Socal Meetup

soraanaam

haha also, i was standing behind servo for a good 2-3 min, wondering if i should say hi to him. i didnt know who he was, but i was 70% sure he was from sufu, if it wasnt for that gay red bag (sorry) lolol

It was pretty bad. Mostly L/XL stuff left, or stuff that sane people wouldnt wear.

I saw some nice leather jackets but they were still pretty expensive and I doubt I'll ever get to wear them. Maybe mrip might kop for cheap with his shady ways.

they were on sale so early i'm not surprised the sale sucked.

$400 for a greenfield blazer is a good deal man, however i don't know how psyched i'd be to get there and then go, "fuck i've got to spend $400 to feel like i haven't wasted my time".

i got these suede bottega veneta chukkas a couple years ago, that was my best warehouse sale purchse. the rabbit fur lining makes me feel slightly republican.

haha also, i was standing behind servo for a good 2-3 min, wondering if i should say hi to him. i didnt know who he was, but i was 70% sure he was from sufu, if it wasnt for that gay red bag (sorry) lolol

I need something to gay up my look a bit. Looking too straight for my own good these days (sort of).

I picked up a pair of the Band of Outsider x Sperry's and said mad homo red weekender / bag. Stopped by Opening Ceremony and grabbed a pair of the suede wingtips in blue for $100 (thought that was a better deal than I had gotten at the Barney's sale, actually).

All in all, a moderately productive but thoroughly amusing trip to L.A.

Nice seeing the two of you and putting faces to names, if only just for a minute.

there was a ksubi tee that had a scarf attached to its shoulder. it was pretty cool, but not my stee. i guess i shouldve picked it up for you kerni, it was a large.

MAH BAD.

Best bet for people to go would be next weekend when things go to 75% off already lowered sale price.

I might try to get up there for Sid's thing on the 15th / 16th, will the additional 75% off or whatever have gone into effect by then going on how it's worked the last couple of years do you think?

I might try to get up there for Sid's thing on the 15th / 16th, will the additional 75% off or whatever have gone into effect by then going on how it's worked the last couple of years do you think?

It's a safe bet that the last 3 days of the sale there will be ridiculous prices taken off the already lowered marked prices on the tags. I will be pissed if there are Anne Dem jackets left by then because I jumped at an assymetric slightly drapy one right after you left last Thursday. A few wiylde homo catcalls was all it took to help me decide... I am ashamed.

I think I'm heading out to L.A. this Sunday and Monday to keep an eye out for Band of Outsiders tie/shirt/suit restocks. What's your max price paid for a shirt Servo? I know your size now and if you give me a heads up I'll pick it up for you.

oh dont even try that jansuerte.

i kept re-iterating to you that it looked like a labcoat for 15m nonstop.

you wouldnt give up so obviously i told you to cop, then and there.

duh.

btw it looks good. it's just that it does look like a labcoat. ha :D

I'm trying to figure out what the first day of super final markdowns are to get there at like 9:00 to try and scoop up some Lanvin joints (I was tempted to sell a kidney for those crazy navy silk/cotton/whatever blue long drapey coat things that were in the Barney ads earlier. God that thing was so soft). Probably won't work, but I might score a pair of shoes since I can wear a size 7 and it only appears to me and about three other people who buy anything in that size.

Anyone know a decent bus service from San Diego to LA / Back?

I don't feel like making that 5 hour drive alone again so soon so I'm thinking I might just taxi around and bus up and back instead. Too difficult? I know it might be pricey but I wouldn't mind spending $40 - $50 on cabs if I could find a cheap bus because fuck another five hours in the car.

yeah theres a train that goes from SD to la union station all the way thru.

heres the website

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/

This is looking pretty reasonable if I drive up to Oceanside and then catch the train to Union Station. Latest train leaves at 6:30 PM back to San Diego which is a little early but will probably be alright since I won't have a car so I'll probably be broke from taxis at that point anyway.

masuerte and i are VERY knowledgable on the socal transport system.

i am telling you as a rider that your idea would take longer than 5 hours.

union station to santa monica is alllllll the way across town. it takes longer than an hour per way on bus, for a drive that should take less than 25minutes.

youre younger than 18, right? that means your fare would be $13 + roughly 5 bucks or so for buses. this is cheap as fuck..$20 to get there, but it'd basically become a NIGHTMARE that only masuerte and i can handle. no one else is willing to put up with it. your taxi fare per way would be like $50, no joke.

hahahha, edit- nevermind. i just looked at it, and it's really just not going to work.

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/schedules/html.php?id=401

the only times that oceanside go all the way to union station are 6:30AM and 2:30PM.

dont put up with that bullshit.

just drive there.

masuerte and i are VERY knowledgable on the socal transport system.

i am telling you as a rider that your idea would take longer than 5 hours.

union station to santa monica is alllllll the way across town. it takes longer than an hour per way on bus, for a drive that should take less than 25minutes.

youre younger than 18, right? that means your fare would be $13 + roughly 5 bucks or so for buses. this is cheap as fuck..$20 to get there, but it'd basically become a NIGHTMARE that only masuerte and i can handle. no one else is willing to put up with it. your taxi fare per way would be like $50, no joke.

hahahha, edit- nevermind. i just looked at it, and it's really just not going to work.

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/schedules/html.php?id=401

the only times that oceanside go all the way to union station are 6:30AM and 2:30PM.

dont put up with that bullshit.

just drive there.

You require the temperament of a Buddhist monk to handle this kinda trip. Ditto on what Azn80i said. I however... enjoy it and all it's downsides, it's as therapeutic as bikram yoga.

I'm leaving this Sunday night for Taiwan.

England has been hankering for KBBQ for the last half year. It's my last chance to make it happen, so, anyone up for a meetup Saturday night?

Park's BBQ in ktown on Olympic and Vermont.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/parks-bbq-los-angeles

Either Saturday night or Sunday around lunchtime.

Who's in?

Looks like scout's having a sale, check the site. I might be in las vegas this weekend though...

"please join us saturday august 16 from 7-10 pm

a new scout collection will be available

cocktails, music, and friends

donate an indoor plant and get 20% off purchases all day "

So everyone's gone this weekend, eh? Might not bother coming up, then. Someone get at me (might still try and get up to see Sid).

P.S. if anyone's going to the warehouse sale this weekend now that it's supposedly final-squared sales see if there's any Lanvin shoes left in size 7 or so. Some were down to like $350 or so when I was there the first day, might be down to like $200 now? Will kop.*

*P.S. I know this won't happen, but checking for the longshots never hurt.