the wire

All of Bubbles scenes in the 5th season I found to be excellent. His storyline was so up and down throughout the course of the show and even though a lot of this season left you with a feeling like things will never change, he was the one (atleast for me) glimmer of hope throughout.

Some of the stand out parts for me were when Bubs trys to give his sister some crabs(?) but she turns him down. It was just so sad to see his constant effort just basically get shit on by her. She definitely had reason to believe the change wouldn't be long term, but I really felt that she wasn't trying to help him. I mean she gave him a place to stay, but in terms of building a bond as brother and sister and trying to provide a support system for him she didn't try at all.

And then I just felt really bitter towards her when she finally let him eat at the table after the story on him was published. It was like she couldn't accept him or believe that he was a good person/ had the will to change unless someone else told her.

I should actually stop coming into this thread as I'll just keep on thinking of scenes to post. This show made me feel a wider array of emotions than any other show I've seen. The feelings the show left you with were beyond the typical suspense and excitement of average tv and they stayed with me for more than just the duration of the episode.

Yeah, it was his anniversary for being sober at the support group and his mentor/big brother bought him dinner…it was a really tumultuous road for him…from writing off the support group to showing up once to losing not one but two of his friends to the hustle.

• 1 month later...

Bodie RIP - I was gutted when I saw that.

Season 5 only just started in the UK, last night in fact so I've only seen episode1, but the scene with Bunk and Lansman and the "lie detector" is possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen on TV.

Will now be avoiding the thread for spoilers!

• 2 months later...
this might be the best show i've ever seen. are there any season's that are particularly better than others?

...my personal favorite's season 1... just real good dialogue, plot, etc... but every season is definitely worth watching if you want the whole picture...

Just want to register my love for this show. Only discovered it when I read an article on Snoop in the press. I went out and bought Season 3 (thinking she was in that season mostly).I was hooked from there on in.

Got to stay away from this thread to avoid spoilers...I just saw one about Omar. No!!!!

one of the best tv shows EVER i think, i love the way each character has their own problems and there are no villains, since everyone is doing what they do for a reason. I like how they showed how some kids actually have junkies as parents, and how often they don't choose the lifestyle they live

• 4 months later...