---- Ugly/Overrated shit that SF'ers beast over ----

englandmj7

Guest jmatsu

madfoot. in japan you still get your random b-boy debuting in dogenzaka wearing this, or some country fuck sucking dick at the madfoot shop or the various chapters/atmos.

in america you have your sneakerhypebeasts thinking they're just alittle better then their other bretheren because they have the money or connections to buy these. -just as dumb.

a ridiculously unashamed copy of various other sneakers. ugly colors i might add.

greedy genius is equally limp-dicked as well.

the various hectic/undefeated/stussy new balances. these monstrosities look like toys or orthepedic shoes for the colorblind. total ripoffs.

i see your argument for 45 RPM, but I find the fact people on this board beast over Dior for their RAW jeans to be a bit puzzling. $295 and they don't even wear that well...TragicBliss, sXXXe who i would consider to have the Diors that turned out best looked better in their APCs. If you're gonna be into Dior, be into it for the tailoring not the raw denim jeans that are so overplayed.

oh btw, Dior distressed jeans > Dior raw jeans.

Damn you had to reveal the ugly truth :D

madfoot. in japan you still get your random b-boy debuting in dogenzaka wearing this, or some country fuck sucking dick at the madfoot shop or the various chapters/atmos.

in america you have your sneakerhypebeasts thinking they're just alittle better then their other bretheren because they have the money or connections to buy these. -just as dumb.

a ridiculously unashamed copy of various other sneakers. ugly colors i might add.

greedy genius is equally limp-dicked as well.

the various hectic/undefeated/stussy new balances. these monstrosities look like toys or orthepedic shoes for the colorblind. total ripoffs.

The only disagreement I have here is that Greedy Genius sucks way more engorged cock than any of the other aforementioned brands... combined.

• 2 weeks later...

loopwheeler

45rpm

id rather pay extra 50 bones and get a CDG or undercover hoodie than a loopwheeler hoodie that looks like it's from AA

i dunno

im totally gay for CDG though

loopwheeler

45rpm

id rather pay extra 50 bones and get a CDG or undercover hoodie than a loopwheeler hoodie that looks like it's from AA

i dunno

im totally gay for CDG though

I have to agree that loopwheeler is seriously overrated, I wouldn't pay more than 50$ for one of their sweaters. Their logo ruins them even more IMO. 45rpm on the other hand isn't bad at all, you might not like their aesthetic but the quality is there and the stores/staff are awesome.

pretty much every brand ever mentioned in supertalk is over rated and a piece of shit according to this thread. which basically cancel's out this thread. Name one item everyone agrees on that is NOT overrated and serious quality.

Or at least if you name a brand or an item of clothing that you think is "overrated" then name something you think is NOT overrated so the next guy posting in this thread can call it overrated. And if your that next guy then write what you think is quality so the guy under you can say its a piece of shit and so on.

pretty much every brand ever mentioned in supertalk is over rated and a piece of shit according to this thread. which basically cancel's out this thread. Name one item everyone agrees on that is NOT overrated and serious quality.

Some things that very few people would find shitty/overrated:

Helmut Lang (before assimilation by Prada)

Margiela

LVC

Skull Jeans

Alden

Red Wings

ouch. thats practically all i wear.

:(

im just going to assume im in the other 5%.

You should wear slightly more relaxed clothing cultpop, the fit can still be tailored, just not too tight at the waist, or too short at the arms and stomach. You know that chubby sixteen-year-old kid at the Fall Out Boy concert, who insists on wearing the Youth Large sweater to fit into the crowd? Thankfully, your fit isn't as bad, but it's still too small and too tight in the wrong places.

Plus, you're supposed to be a grown man. Add more classic items to your wardrobe, and don't take fashion cues from high school kids.

Guest jmatsu
You should wear slightly more relaxed clothing cultpop, the fit can still be tailored, just not too tight at the waist, or too short at the arms and stomach. You know that chubby sixteen-year-old kid at the Fall Out Boy concert, who insists on wearing the Youth Large sweater to fit into the crowd? Thankfully, your fit isn't as bad, but it's still too small and too tight in the wrong places.

Plus, you're supposed to be a grown man. Add more classic items to your wardrobe, and don't take fashion cues from high school kids.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........this has been said already. i alone control the cultpop critique monopoly.

This isn't necessarily ugly or anything, but it bugs me when folks have like 100 pairs of dry denim jeans. For me the whole thing is that I get to break them in, and to do that you gotta wear them every day! It's one thing if you have a whole backlog of pairs you broke in in the past, but people that have a rack of cherry 501 repros just confuse me.

I'm not hating, I just don't think I quite get it.

Well in my personal opinion I'm not a big fan of the look of extreme wear but I do like the look and feel of the Japanese denim that people seem to wear here for the exclusive purpose of "breaking them in." So from that standpoint I can understand why people would have multiple pairs of raw denim because alternating use = less wear and tear in the long run. However, it does bug me as well when people buy many many pairs with the intention of winding up with all of them beat to death.

i agree. every goddamn brand mentioned in this forum is overrated. which is why we love them in the first place isn't it?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jmatsu
Tight jeans look gross on most people

in order for your statement to truly be effective, you must elaborate on your perspective of a tight fit.

if most people in your immediate surroundings are fat, i understand.

Slim and larger people, in my opinion, look gross with really tight jeans. I don't really know how to expand it beyond that. I can tell you that bootcut jeans make the wearer look taller and more attractive because the curve near the bottom of teh jeans draws the eye up and down (like stripes). I'd imaginethat skinny, tapered jeans do the oppisite.

Really skinny people can pull them off, but being really skinny has a whole host of other problems.

right now bootcut to me says METRO, and not in a good way. you are right tight can be wrong at times but it's a hit or miss while bootcuts are always a MISS to me nowadays. give 7-8 years and bootcuts will be back in full swing. save the ones you have if you think you won't gain any weight for that long ;)

Most Japanese repros for me. I know its all about the denim but 90% look very unflattering on 90% of people I've seen. The only ones I've seen that look well on most people are SDA 103's. I think companys like KMW are getting their game on making jeans that actually look good but are also made with top quality denim.

I'm borderline on Dior denim. I don't like the fit on about half the people I've seen here, but they like it and my personal style isn't the greatest in the world so some people should reconsider.

This has been said but I cringe at the high tops with skinny/tapered jeans pictures. The taper makes the shoes look huge and overwhelming. Same goes for skinny jeans and large hoodies or large jackets, and the obsession with hoodies in general. Some people are getting dangerously close to NED/chav look.

Don't kill me for the next one. I think the the majority of WAYWT pictures are of the same few expensive brands immitating a similar look but in very bad fits for the body type. And too much of the same look in general.

To end on a positive backhander :o , this place is a great resource for denim, and all those pictures.. just seeing what works and what to avoid is great. Sometimes you need to see a faux pas on somebody else to realise the truth, the mirror often lies.

• 3 weeks later...
This isn't necessarily ugly or anything, but it bugs me when folks have like 100 pairs of dry denim jeans. For me the whole thing is that I get to break them in, and to do that you gotta wear them every day! It's one thing if you have a whole backlog of pairs you broke in in the past, but people that have a rack of cherry 501 repros just confuse me.

I'm not hating, I just don't think I quite get it.

clearly you're not thinking outside the box, i wear at least 2 pairs of dry denim at all times, 4 in my sleep

clearly you're not thinking outside the box, i wear at least 2 pairs of dry denim at all times, 4 in my sleep

dude, dont remember the 6 month rule.

after half year, you have to climb into the washing machine wearing the jeans and only then will the potent creases of power will be revealed.

i sometimes wear wet denim when im feeling a little fruity.