---- Ugly/Overrated shit that SF'ers beast over ----

englandmj7

please don't say ringring is overrated.

i think people confuse appreciating denim and appreciating the so-called aesthetic that surrounds denim. pure-blue japan as a examination of the process of jeansmaking is probably a landmark, because of their focus on yarn textures. but it's been taken up by so many other people who see it as just another skinny jean that everyone's talking about, without understanding the processes that go into it.

absolutely nothing wrong with that, i mean not everyone's going to be keen on figuring out what hank-dyeing actually means, step by step, or something equally dry and mundane. but it's just a little disappointing to see how PBJ has been taken from something that's really worth a look at to just another brand.

buying too many pairs of jeans - whatever the brand - now that's overrated. how many pairs are you going to wear at once?

I wear my two pairs of jeans at the same time. I bet I could get another pair on if I tried hard enough. That's three pairs in one day right there!

give me more red rep for your laughter

i have read you sig and have not given you neg. rep. for risk of getting some in return. my minuscule child peen could not handle getting negative rep. if you assure nothing will happen to the young one, i will grant you more red rep. thanks

this thread has turned into a mess with a bunch of know-nothing superfuture newbies just rattling off lists of everything they've ever heard discussed on here. dead!
please don't say ringring is overrated.

i think people confuse appreciating denim and appreciating the so-called aesthetic that surrounds denim. pure-blue japan as a examination of the process of jeansmaking is probably a landmark, because of their focus on yarn textures.

pretty much sums this everything up. this thread become an i hate what i dont understand thread.

ie: to anyone else in the "regular world" raw denim is disgusting and over rated. we love it though because we enjoy personalizing it and the work/time that it takes into producing a pair.

there is big difference between overrated vs not understanding the true worth.. red moon is an extension of dry denim: it ages beautifully. dont be a superloser and confuse the superficial looks of the item with what the item is designed to do.

I wear my two pairs of jeans at the same time. I bet I could get another pair on if I tried hard enough. That's three pairs in one day right there!

fair enough... doubly so when i just fell asleep a few hours ago in my jeans. guess you could squeeze in four pairs in a day, even, with the sleeping hours in. my balls feel a little squished, though... :cool:

hollaforadolla - nice spiel.

red moon is an extension of dry denim: it ages beautifully. dont be a superloser and confuse the superficial looks of the item with what the item is designed to do.

But if it doesn't look good, who cares what it is designed to do? I mean, "looks good" is totally subjective so this is a moot point, but I don't care if a Red Moon wallet is designed well enough to hold a 20 pound turkey and ages like fine bourbon, they are just ugly to me. Sam thing with a lot of vintage repro denim, it doesn't matter how well and authentic the things are made if they don't look good on your body.

Streetwear. All of it.

All you need is a some AA t shirts, reasonable Photoshop skills, some contemporary imagery (a candid photo of Pete Doherty sticking his wank up some cokehead hipsters butt) preferably colour altered to a nice shade of pink and you can sell t shirts to rich boy NY skaters for stupidly overinflated prices.