---- Ugly/Overrated shit that SF'ers beast over ----

englandmj7

Yea, my chucks take a smelly beating in the summer. I need to invest in some good dry fit socks.

While I could think of worse looks than Moore- era Bond, I kinda got the idea from all the denim-related Rakuten stores... Alot seem to carry Birkenstock, models I hadn´t seen at all. Fits good with the over all look actually imo. Seems to be something with the japanese and sandals.

The model im looking at is "Ramses"

I don't think there are too many SF'ers beasting over CCP to be frank.

but the ones that do supreme beast over that shit. but since noone besides coldrice has seen this stuff in the flesh, they just beast over the photos of ebay auctions.

I think julius stuff sucks. 99% of it doesn't look good on anyone. Djrajio and Coldrice are the only ones that can pull it off.

i also agree with the cloak desert boots. Unless you dress like you're walking down a catwalk, it doesn't work. ie. WDYWT with the kid with the boots and white jeans

-Visvim: Let's copy chucks, add extra details that mess up a perfect design and sell them for $300!

-Supreme: I've never seen something from them that didn't make the wearer look like any 10 y/o hip-hop skateboarder

-Carol Christian Poell: Most of it is so overly elaborate it's unwearable and I don't like the cut of his dress shirts. If they ever do another mad max though, I hope he dresses the cast.

-Loopwheeler: it's a plain tee, get over it

Totally agree on this.

Wallys are so rude they are DUDE

I think the only label I don't really care for is Number Nine. Some stuff is ok, think its just the black and white slogan tees for 95 bucks?

for the defense of clark wallabees and desert boots. these boots are classics where function was placed infront of form, yet came out abersoutley beautifully.

agreed with the hating on the big chunky boots. i eman the majority of the posters here would wear tight, slim jeans. pair them up with these massive clod hoppers and you look like a part time neo-nazi, wearing rare denim.

also all/most of the cordovan dress shoes on here look so fucking ugly. high quality material, but the shapes are so boring.

if they used cordovan in some newer styles, then i would defo be intersted.

the redmoon wallets thing as well. how can you move with that ugly thing hanging out your back pocket?

the brand fucking awsome is not fucking awsome, its fucking shit

visvim shoes look like bart simpson's orthapaedic shope (said it before, ill say it again)

at the end of the day, sufu lusts after certain brands, just like the folks at HB. just different sorta things. to paraphrase some one, we are brothers from different mothers

ps

ringring is not overrated

CCP isn't overrated on here (hardly anyone even talks about it), but on fashion forums overall i'd say it's a bit overrated. It looks nice in the pictures, the concepts behind some of the clothes are interesting...but the only thing i really like about CCP is the suits. And even then, I find his tailoring to be too extreme when worn on the body (NOTHING i've tried on from CCP feels comfortable to wear, at all).

I think julius stuff sucks. 99% of it doesn't look good on anyone. Djrajio and Coldrice are the only ones that can pull it off.

Wait, I think you've just proven that it's not overrated, considering that no one else has posted themselves wearing Julius (or at least I don't remember any waywt pics) AND more importantly there's only a handful of people here who are even remotely interested in Julius.

Now, if you told me that Julius is overrated on stylezeitgeist then I would agree with you...

Highly tapered jeans

Slouchy boots

Highly tapered jeans tucked in slouchy boots

Carpe anything.

Dior.

i disagree with Carpe, i like their footwear. Other than that, excellent list.

dryice what's the difference again? I think someone explained it to me before but i forgot. w + h is the basic hoodies and stuff, and wings and horn is the fashion collection, right?

what are slouchy boots? like military lace ups loosely worn/without the top laced up?

i think that's one way of looking at it.

When i co-signed him, i didn't have so much that in mind. I was thinkin more along the lines of boots like Chris' Raf Simons zippered boots, dunaj's ugg looking boots...not so much slouchy except maybe the Raf Simons. I guess i was never a big fan of the whole jeans tucked into boots thing. It can work well with some wool trousers, but the jeans into boots seems a bit over done by now.

? Unless you're wearing moon boots i have never had a problem with straight leg jeans covering up a pair of boots fine. And if you're referring to skinny tapered jeans, well just chalk it up to my personal preference that i'm not a fan of skinny jeans with chunky boots. Let's just agree to disagree on this point.

Julius is overrated. I haven't seen anything from the label i've liked.

Julius is not overrated. Try handling some pieces in person and I can guarantee your opinion will change. Very few people even in Japan know of the label. It's very niche and geared towards a specific customer. I don't understand how people on this board can make such a blanket statement without having handled a single piece first-hand. If it weren't for enthusiastic fans like myself, many of you people on superfuture / stylezeitgeist wouldn't even know about the label. I think people are drawn to the label because it unique and different, which is what I strive to provide people on superfuture and which is why I think its started to develop a following. Please stop with the generalizations.

Julius is not overrated. Try handling some pieces in person and I can guarantee your opinion will change. Very few people even in Japan know of the label. It's very niche and geared towards a specific customer. I don't understand how people on this board can make such a blanket statement without having handled a single piece first-hand. If it weren't for enthusiastic fans like myself, many of you people on superfuture / stylezeitgeist wouldn't even know about the label. I think people are drawn to the label because it unique and different, which is what I strive to provide people on superfuture and which is why I think its started to develop a following. Please stop with the generalizations.

Alright maybe I was too harsh and quick to hand out my judgment without expressing myself more clearly. I'm not denying the craftsmanship of the pieces, and after seeing some detailed pics Chinorlz from SZ showed me, it does seem to be a very niche brand. Which is precisely why I came to the conclusion it's not really my cup of tea, and that's strictly going off the aesthetic (i haven't seen a Julius piece in person, but I doubt doing so will change my opinion much). All construction issues aside, it's a look that I just can't get into.

Alright maybe I was too harsh and quick to hand out my judgment without expressing myself more clearly. I'm not denying the craftsmanship of the pieces, and after seeing some detailed pics Chinorlz from SZ showed me, it does seem to be a very niche brand. Which is precisely why I came to the conclusion it's not really my cup of tea, and that's strictly going off the aesthetic (i haven't seen a Julius piece in person, but I doubt doing so will change my opinion much). All construction issues aside, it's a look that I just can't get into.

So what you are really trying to say is that it doesn't fit your asethetic. Something that doesn't fit your style doesn't necessarily conclude that its overrated. Perhaps be more precise with what your're trying to say next time.

So what you are really trying to say is that it doesn't fit your asethetic. Something that doesn't fit your style doesn't necessarily conclude that its overrated. Perhaps be more precise with what your're trying to say next time.

'Overrated' is entirely an opinion. If he doesn't like Julius and lots of people like Julius, obviously he's going to bloody think it's overrated.

well, it seems most of the replies in here that are referring to things as overrated is exactly that: people judging something as overrated if it's getting praise and it doesn't fit their tastes. I don't see what was wrong about my word choice. I see Julius getting praised by some (maybe not here, but elsewhere like SZ), and it's not to my liking; hence it's overrated to me.

I'm going to have to disagree. My definition of overrated is something where the perceived value of something is not in line with the actually intrinsic value of the thing in question. It absolutely has nothing to do with something fitting someone style IMO. There are plenty of things in this thread that I view as not overrated that doesn't necessarily liken to my style or what I like. I guess our definitions of "overrated" are just different and how you make your valuation. Either way Julius is not overrated.:cool:

This entire thread is generally made up of most people putting down labels/brands that they probably haven't personally handled in real life, or looks they themselves don't support/wear. I'm just going to say that this is a pretty stupid thread. Calling niche brands overrated is kind of funny considering that maybe 1% of the population knows about them. Maybe it would be more accurate to name this thread, "I don't think X-brand is worth the money."

I think people are getting way too ass-sore over other people not liking their pet brands. Unless you own the company in question (and even if you do, really), why do you even care that someone on an internet forum thinks your shit is overrated? Get over it and stop whining.