What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

Quote:
Quote:

darkanimal

nice look again, i like everyone of you outfits, and think you make interesting choices in what to buy/wear.

if myspace is full of people wearing number nine, and cloak, and pulling the look off, then all i can say is emo rules.

--- Original message by haptronic on Mar 24, 2006 11:42 AM

obviously the comment was directed to the hair...

--- Original message by SENDkylHISPASSWORD on Mar 24, 2006 11:46 AM

Haha thanks guys. Yeah I got crazy a couple of days and colored my hair red. Just having fun, just like fashion...experimenting. Haptronic I dig all your style too and I think you aren't scared to pull off stuff. I would admit that sometimes I would walk out of the house and feel like my ensemble is wrong. But what the heck, it's trial and error.

Guest Fade to Black

hmm....darkanimal to be honest I'm not sure if I'm really diggin that whole look. Maybe the hair has something to do with it, but overall it seems like a look I might run into among Toronto scene kids. Doesn't really represent what those brands are about to me, that's purely IMHO though. It's good to experiment, I walk out of the house all the time thinkin there's something in my outfit not quite right. Eh most important thing is learn to be comfortable in your clothes.

Yeah, you're prolly right.. my hair is in a transition stage, dunno what to ultimately sport it for summer. I will be honest that I do get a little influence of that scene look in my style, I feel it's my way of being different/or edgier from my environment and friends.

everyone commenting on the hair makes me laugh,

i just want to go on the record saying that darkanimal, youwish, and tg76, [there may be more that don't immediately spring to mind] are the people that seem to understand that your hair is just another accesorry/part of your look

and therefore can be experimented with in the same way as any of your clothes.

teisco.gif

Quote:

hmm....darkanimal to be honest I'm not sure if I'm really diggin that whole look. Maybe the hair has something to do with it, but overall it seems like a look I might run into among Toronto scene kids. Doesn't really represent what those brands are about to me, that's purely IMHO though. It's good to experiment, I walk out of the house all the time thinkin there's something in my outfit not quite right. Eh most important thing is learn to be comfortable in your clothes.

--- Original message by Fade to Black on Mar 24, 2006 12:47 PM

Fade to Black, where are you from? Toronto? You always reference different cities.

my favourite things

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

Isn't APC "gaijin" ? or is it some label I have never heard of?

As for hair, I recently shaved off my 4 month-old glory into an all-around 3. People say I look more "professional". Haha.

Will do the anime style when I get my locks back.

---

Quote:

The man has the look down pat IMO. Completely the right aesthetic sense, well within the look that all of those designers are going for. As far as the Toronto scene goes, I've never seen enough people dressing that well, very few people here pull off the hipster look well or even properly.

Quote:
Quote:

The man has the look down pat IMO. Completely the right aesthetic sense, well within the look that all of those designers are going for. As far as the Toronto scene goes, I've never seen enough people dressing that well, very few people here pull off the hipster look well or even properly.

--- Original message by Circa on Mar 24, 2006 01:36 PM

Enilghten me on the way to properly pull off the hipster look..

I think by saying that you are really limiting fashion by saying it is proper to confrom to a certain look, take influences yes but fit a "checklist" no way. Seriously, i think it is interesting what you are saying so care to expand?

my favourite things

Quote:

except that the odds of a toronto scene kid owning a pair of cloak boots are exceedingly slim

I put this up on TFS earlier but why not. Hoping to get this blazer I just bought at H&M tailored:

spring13fm.jpg

black Ray-Ban Wayfarers

black Comme de Garcons LS shirt

white same old collared shirt

off-white H&M Wrinkled 'Slim' blazer

black Banana Republic belt

black Acne Max Cash

off-white Converse All-Star hitops

Edited by verb on Mar 24, 2006 at 02:50 PM

Quote:

Yo Haptronic - Where to you take your pictures at? I just can't figure it out.

--- Original message by WhoGotMeIntoThis on Mar 24, 2006 03:26 PM

it is outside the front door of my house, my back yard is a carpark which has a homeless guy and a couple a randoms who drink there as well as a lot of little hoods who hang around, and some nice graffiti.

therefore the ghetto look with the rusty fridge, you could say is a security measure, if we look poor then there is no point in breaking in.

teisco.gif

I think by saying that you are really limiting fashion by saying it is proper to confrom to a certain look, take influences yes but fit a "checklist" no way. Seriously, i think it is interesting what you are saying so care to expand?

Not sure if you're trying to be an arsehole here or not but whatevs. I'm usually not one to label, since people on here seem to throw around terms/labels with ignorant abandon (i.e.- emo as a blanket term for all rock inspired looks). Never mentioned anything about a "checklist". My argument was not about conforming to a certain standard, instead it was merely that dude's look was really not far off from the ones put forth by Cloak/Nine etc. Including the hair. "Hipster" is not a label I necessarily prescribe to personally, but it's a far better blanket descriptor than "emo" in this case IMO.

Quote:

Not sure if you're trying to be an arsehole here or not but whatevs. I'm usually not one to label, since people on here seem to throw around terms/labels with ignorant abandon (i.e.- emo as a blanket term for all rock inspired looks). Never mentioned anything about a "checklist". My argument was not about conforming to a certain standard, instead it was merely that dude's look was really not far off from the ones put forth by Cloak/Nine etc. Including the hair. "Hipster" is not a label I necessarily prescribe to personally, but it's a far better blanket descriptor than "emo" in this case IMO.

--- Original message by Circa on Mar 24, 2006 04:31 PM

Not trying to be an ass at all, just curious... thanks for clarifying what you meant.

my favourite things

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:
Quote:

Fade to Black, where are you from? Toronto? You always reference different cities.

--- Original message by SENDkylHISPASSWORD on Mar 24, 2006 12:55 PM

I'm from Hong Kong...well I was born in Toronto and lived there for a while, but I currently reside in HK and that's where I usually claim when people ask me about where I'm from.

That was just my interpretation of his look, everyone's entitled to their own opinion I wasn't hating, just gave him my thoughts on his outfit. I'd rather tell him up front what I think than pass a meaningless compliment especially when it's not what I really think. Not sayin y'all do that, just sayin...

Quote: The man has the look down pat IMO. Completely the right aesthetic sense, well within the look that all of those designers are going for. As far as the Toronto scene goes, I've never seen enough people dressing that well, very few people here pull off the hipster look well or even properly.

Hipsters don't dress like that.