sam113

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Any updates on your black exclusive kicking mules Ryan?

Have you worn them lately?

I have been wearing them quite a bit, and they look awesome. Several pairs of my jeans are hanging on the wall. My indigo 1980s have been retired- they smell horrible. My Jean Shops are very beat up and near retirement. I'm currently working the Hand Dye 1980s from KMW (limited in production to 50 pairs). I'll post pics once we have them up on the site.

you can see more denim pics here under "Fading Indigo":

http://www.contextclothing.com/vision.php

The Hill-Side has been moving quickly. Here are a few of my favorite from the inaugural collection:

Hemp Selvage Denim Tie Raw

18.jpg

Selvage Striped Selvage Chambray Bandana

21.jpg

Here are two colors we'll have for Fall delivery (July delivery)

Selvage Black Chambray

07.jpg

Kojima Violet selvage "color indigo" chambray

17.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Those are righteous, can we get a better denim/macro pic?

yes, but are they $495 righteous?

No hate, but at that price point you're in natural indigo / heavy weight / fancy details territory, which these don't seem to be...

Still, very nice, understated, and exclusive ---

where does it say natural indigo? All I see is hank dyed...

The latest addition to the CONTEXT Exclusives lineup, the Kicking Mule Workshop Hand Dye 1980 is a true enthusiast's jean. This 13.7 oz. white line selvage is dyed using the Japanese hand hank dyeing method known as AWA. The warp yarn is dyed using two different shades of indigo. These yarns are arranged randomly in the weave to create a fabric with great depth of color, texture, and fade qualities. The jeans are shuttle loomed and chain stitched with hidden rivets at points of stress. Finished with KMW's signature deer hide patch. Only 50 pair were produced for spring 09 release at Context. Kicking Mule Workshop at their finest.

CONTEXT Exclusive

Dyed by hand in Kojima City, Okayama Prefecture, Japan

Editioned and shipped in collectible packaging

Sanforized

Limited to 50 Pairs

If they are natural should definitely put that bit on the product page...it changes everything.

(by fancy details I meant special buttons, pocket bags, etc)

vvv fair enough - i did not know that - I'm sure I got 495 lying around here somewhere vvv

I'm currently working the Hand Dye 1980s from KMW (limited in production to 50 pairs). ]

Hey Ryan, can you give us an update on any shrinkage or stretching you've experienced with these?

• 3 weeks later...

Holy shit – You guys are charging $30 / copy of Free&Easy?

That's ridiculous. Even stateside it's available at Kinokuniya for $15/pop. Hell, even proxying from Japan is probably cheaper than that.

Holy shit – You guys are charging $30 / copy of Free&Easy?

That's ridiculous. Even stateside it's available at Kinokuniya for $15/pop. Hell, even proxying from Japan is probably cheaper than that.

If you order F&E through Kinokuniya they charge shipping, we do not. Proxying from Japan is a bit dicey-- customs fees + shipping. We also take the time to wrap each magazine and ensure your magazine comes to you in perfect condition (this is important to some). In the end, we break dead even on offering this magazine (we pay extremely hefty shipping and customs fees). We only sell it because we love it. Most guys put Context Cash toward their issue-- so its an amazing price.