The CONTEXT CLOTHING Thread

sam113

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tweeds-

Thanks. Haven't as much time for SF as I'd like lately what with the webstore launch and being in the middle of the buying season for fall/winter '07.

These do have the old patch intact and the bigger pockets.

And yes we do have an order pending for the new versions as well. Should be seeing them in a month or so.

Thanks TIP.

OK-

So like the man said, this will be the spot where those of you who haven't signed up for our e-newsletter can get the latest scoop on whats going on at CONTEXT.

Regular bumps will keep you updated on new brands, new models from current brands, sale info, etc.. Please feel free to use this thread to hit us up with any questions, requests, whatever.

So I'm going to take this opportunity to do two things;

First, I'd like to officially introduce the rest of the CONTEXT crew:

Ryandenim-

Co-owner along with myself and my brother(who has yet to be intoduced to the ways of us Supergays), Ryan is the creative genius at CONTEXT and also serves as blood sugar management director. He and I do all the buying for both the store and the website. Ryan gets credit for being the first of any of us to buy raw selvage- check his 5year old RRDS on the Evo thread.

Akre-

Our web guru and master of all things hi-tech, this young man is the one responsible for the look and functionality of contextclothing.com. He also is my hookup for pre-release music from my favorite metal bands.

Fuckdenim-

This unfortunately named hoodlum is our director of photography and fixed-gear maniac. He owns the dubious title of man who taught Ryan to do track stands(and ride a bike at all for that matter).

Secondly, I want to make sure all of you are aware of the new blog feature on contextclothing.com. Click on "In Context" and see regular updates featuring our best friends and customers and their lives with their jeans.

See it here: http://www.contextclothing.com/in_context/

This will also be where we keep everybody up to date on our now infamous "Don's Jeans" project. We're fired up for the potential of this part of the site- if you know someone who should be featured please feel free to nominate them.

You will be hearing from all of us in this thread, so as always-

Keep In Touch.

hey, since this is the context clothing thread, i just want to let you guys know that i think your rise measurement you give for your jeans can be misleading.

Shouldn't front rise should always be measured from the bottom crotch seam to the top of the waistband, and not from the zipper j-stitch to the waistband? I know this is the way most people measure it.

Hey jwied82-

We were just talking about this last night, actually.

We've been measuring rise to the bottom of the j-stitch mostly because we saw several instances of this method being used on different threads here on Superfuture.

I think we may change that now though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hey T.O.T.M.-

The non denim apparel selection on the webstore will be limited at first, but will grow over time. We will certainly continue to carry B.O.O., so just call the store for details.

Thanks-

Sam

Hmm, you guys all sound really cool. I live in the Madison area but have never been into the store. When I come home from school for spring break I'm gonna try and stop in and check you guys out. I wish I could buy some more jeans, but I just bought some sugar cane 40400s and they kind of ate my budget up for awhile :o

Dick Danger,

Please expand on your thoughts about shipping rates to Cali.

Thought I'd take this oportunity to reference one of your posts. Hilarious.

Why is it ok to show a guy squirting eggs up a woman's ass, then shitting them out onto a hotplate, with other stuff, then the guy scrambles up the egg-shit mixture and they eat it, but they have to pixel out pussy and stuff?