The CONTEXT CLOTHING Thread

sam113

They are natural indigo and hankdyed, which I presume is what you mean with fancy details?

Streaky too!

Still think I'll stick to my 1950 AWA. These will be to slim..

The Hand Dye 1980 has a more relaxed fit than the main line 1980. Here is a peak at the measurements:

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1007

The rise and thigh is more spacious than the main line 1980. Might work for you.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ryan, can you give us an update on any shrinkage or stretching you've experienced with these?

My Hand Dye 1980s have stretched an inch in the waist (just like my Raw 1980 Japanese production, and my Context Exclusive Black 1980s). You will not get more than an inch with KMW. The black KMW + Context 1980 were VERY stubborn. The Hand Dye fabric resisted similar to my main line raw 1980s.

I do not soak my jeans until they develop a terrific odor. Since these are sanforized, it is safe to say you can achieve a tiny amount of shrink with a hot soak (less than an inch). As far as fancy details, if you hold these in your hand you quickly realize how nice they are. The color is truly unique. The indigo is indeed "natural" as some have asked. These are hand dyed in Kojima City, Okayama Prefecture, Japan. The hardware is as good as you'll find.

Mine are getting quite dirty. I hope to break them a bit more before I soak them. They will appear on our Fading Indigo page when that happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow morning (August 17th) at 7:00 AM (Central Standard Time), a new blog entry - Q & A with Ryan Huber. Check it out.

-Jake

Tomorrow morning (August 17th) at 7:00 AM (Central Standard Time), a new blog entry - Q & A with Ryan Huber. Check it out.

-Jake

It's up, shoulda mentioned earlier, but alas, internet issues at home.

-Jake

• 1 month later...

my first post has to be a shout out to Ryan and Sam...love the store guys! Keep rockin. Boost...if you like those Russells you should try on the Quoddy ring boots...just got a pair from Context a few weeks ago...most comfortable thing I've ever put on my feet.

• 3 weeks later...

New Quoddy Moccasin styles just in:

Quoddy Moccasin Deck Boot Black Chromexcel

deck2.jpg

deck3.jpg

deckmain.jpg

Quoddy Moccasin Grizzly Boot w/ Sheepskin Lining

griz3.jpg

griz4.jpg

grizmain.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^^Those look great. I've always liked those shoes, but felt they were hard to pull off for many. But seeing them w/ age def. helps make a case for them. Plus, I always love seeing indigo rub on shoe leather. Just kind of a hidden treat.

Any coupon codes?

They don't do codes. 10% of your purchase comes back to you as "Context Cash" for use on future items. Subscribe to their newsletter for occasional flash sale notices.

• 2 weeks later...

They are great, but a little heavy and thick. I wish they were making shirts out of these chambrays. It would be perfect, and not something you see anywhere else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...