The CONTEXT CLOTHING Thread

sam113

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kicking Mule Workshop 1980 Black *Context Exclusive*

Size: 31/34

This is almost 3 months of wear- you can get a good idea of how they fit after they've stretched out a little. I love wearin em, I can't wait for some more wear to show through, they are definitely gettin dirty though!

For comparison you can see me wearing Nudie RRDS & Nudie Grim Tim's.

2338677044_3609bcdb7c.jpg

2338677754_6f45c5b18a.jpg

2338677310_77972a8282.jpg

2337842385_065f299a18.jpg

2338677610_77935c269d.jpg

Check em out at CONTEXT - KMW 1980 Black

ok, I just order the kicking mule rocker fit and i am freaking out that i wont like them and Im worried because there so expensive, and i really could not afford them because there way out of my budget....I'll post some pictures to get your guy's opinion on them.....

oh and as you can tell this is only my second post soo go easy on me..

Guest ManOfSteel555

I bought the military field jacket in a large...it fits pretty normally. I'd wear a medium in most shirts, but i sized up figuring the jacket would be tight in a medium. The large is probably my proper fit for shoulder and length, but it's abit loose in the sides (which is ok for a jacket I suppose).

Anyway, not sure how the shirts fit. Sydneys here in Toronto sells them in store, I should try it on to see.

I don't want to shit on SoG, but their stuff isn't the greatest in terms of quality of materials and construction. I have a shirt that constantly comes unbuttoned because the button holes are too loose. I also feel like I could tear the sleeves off without much effort. I have a cardigan that fits great, but the fabric is nothing to write home about.

I guess you could justify the relatively low quality of materials and construction by saying that their prices are low, but I think that JCrew/Gap/BR make better quality garments for a similar or lower price point. Fit is a different issue.

As far as sizing goes, it seems a little inconsistent. I have a shirt that's an XL and it's just a little tight in the chest, but the short-sleeved check shirt from this season is like a sheet on me in XL. The size L in that short-sleeve is too tight in the chest and the sleeves are too slim. It's always a crap shoot with SoG for me.

Some shirts that I really like are the ones by Bureau. I bought a long-sleeve which I love. Nice materials and quality construction as well as a more "normal" sizing (I take a medium in everything that Context carries).

That's why I'm rather iffy on purchasing SoG. That picture looks great, that shirt looks awesome, and I love plaid. Then I read about their sizing being rather too slim in areas. They have XL shirts that fit the chest but not the sleeves. Then they have XL that are too slim for the chest but the length is fine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...