The CONTEXT CLOTHING Thread

sam113

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed on the website that the Academi grey flame selvedge has resin coated weft thread. I presume from that statement that the warp thread is not resin coated. Is there any info on what effect this may have on fading or shrinkage?

Denim is strengthened when resin coated. It shouldn't effect shrinkage. We had some limited Lee 101B & 101Z a while back and after years of wear and washing they faded great-- took longer to see wear however.

Sorry for the delay on posting these pics. Here is visual evidence of the white core of the twill on the Black KMW CONTEXT 1980.

Look very closely. The large piece of denim is the fabric used in the KMW Context 1980. You can see the white tips of the threads coming off the sample piece. The smaller piece of fabric is not ours.

2237097817_8730983ce0_m-1.jpg

This fabric is stiff! After two weeks of wear, the honeycombs have set nicely.

2237097481_7a097f2154_m.jpg

2237887576_4a4ff625c6_m.jpg

Some evidence of wear begins to show, a bit of 'fading' evident on the edge of the belt loop.

2237097699_97bb2fe431_m.jpg

logo.jpg

attn_2.gif

main_01.jpg

Nom de Guerre's 6th season, "Under the Open Sky" has arrived at Context. The American idea of Manifest Destiny and her bygone Industrial Age inspired the clothes. Rugged jeans mixed with smart cotton shirts in stripes and refined floral prints recall the era. Check out the weather resistant fabrics updated in choice technical polys. Keep your eye on more to come into CONTEXT from this amazing line.

Nom de Guerre is a New York based creative collective founded by Holly Harnsongkram, Wil Whitney, Devon Turnbull, and Isa Saalabi. The concept of the collective is to combine basic and diverse influences from art, fashion, and various New York subcultures to create a composite culture and product.

• 2 weeks later...

logo.jpg

attn_2.gif

main_01.jpg

Context has been ground zero for Kicking Mule Workshop fans for years. We began with the slim 1980 and classic 1950 and added the tapered Rocker (more coming soon) and relaxed 2010. We brought you their first limited edition store collaboration, the Context KMW 1980 Black, and are currently the only store offering the legendary 1950 AWA limited in production to 50 pairs-- only three pairs remain! We are Kicking Mule Workshop experts. This season KMW presents a Japanese Selvage Chino and Blazer, perfect for the warming weather. In addition we have the 1950 RR Worker Pant. You won't want to miss out on this jean, it is special.

does the classic fit selvage and suvin jeans stretch at all? I'm a 31. Dunno if a 30 will be too tight.

Yes, this fabric will stretch approximately one inch in the waist with consistent wear. Peep our measurement grid on the NDG denim product page.

Ryan,

I wish I had a penny every time someone asked you when you were going to get another shipment of New Cures. Or New Standards.

Are there any photos from the "Death of Fashion" show?

Maybe you posted them, & I just missed it.

Ryan,

I wish I had a penny every time someone asked you when you were going to get another shipment of New Cures. Or New Standards.

Are there any photos from the "Death of Fashion" show?

Maybe you posted them, & I just missed it.

Both NS and NC restocked now and moving very quickly.

logo.jpgattn_2.gif main_01.jpg

TheJean Shop Rocker fit is now available from 27- 39 waist and two inseam lengths, 31 and 36.5. Jean Shop artisans cut and sew each pair by hand and date the inside pocket bag. We carry this universal fit exclusively in Dry Japanese Milled Orange Line Selvage fabric. You come to us for the best in denim fits and fabrics and Jean Shop is another perfect addition to the mix. We couldn't resist bringing you the most amazing American made bags by Filson Co. Each one is custom weathered by the experts at Jean Shop for a beautiful authentic look and feel. Filson bags date back to the Kodiak Gold Rush and are an authentic part of American heritage. Bureau is the newest line to break into Context. The shirting is cut and sewn in Portugal and the fit is spot on-- the perfect shirt for the dark denim fan. Coming real soon: Shades of Greige