the "ask an asian" thread.

mizanation

HOW did I not see this thread until now??? ha ha ha

After scrolling through ALL 16 pages and wanting to respond to everything I decided to just narrow it down to the one compelling response I have to give:

for the record, all Asians are NOT jealous of koreans.. far from the fact actually...:-)

The most interesting post so far that I'm really curious for an answer is: are ABCs, CBCs, whateverBCs more jealous of whitey hitting on their chicks than other asians are when it comes to their girls?

i've been hitting on white girls lately.

asian girls are really hard to get along with...

plus, it's nearly impossible to meet asian chicks b/c im in a frat

and not part of student culture organizations e.g. (insert ethnicity here) student assoc. i rarely see asians @ events i attend.

it sometimes makes me wonder where they hang out

Even though I am Taiwanese, I don't affiliate with any of the Taiwanese on my campus. I wanna know what the fuck they do if they don't party or drink? I can speak Mandarin so when i ask them if they go to clubs or drink they all respond with no...

Yeah, I've been with white chicks my whole life but i'd like to see what an asian chick is like in the sack.

From my experience, most of the America born Asians that only speak one language, and do not speak their parents native tongue are Filipinos. All of the Chinese and Korean kids that I have met are able to speak their native tongue, but it seems that 95%, if not all, of the Filipion Americans I know do not speak Tagalog or any other dialect.

I understand that it's part of the culture to accept foreigners and make them feel welcomed, so they speak english to english speakers, etc. Also they value the ability to speak english, as in the Philippines, doing good in english class is stressed, and most household speech is usually english (in my situation and same as most of my friends, not sure if that's the case with most Filipinos, tho).

Why?

From my experience, most of the America born Asians that only speak one language, and do not speak their parents native tongue are Filipinos. All of the Chinese and Korean kids that I have met are able to speak their native tongue, but it seems that 95%, if not all, of the Filipion Americans I know do not speak Tagalog or any other dialect.

I understand that it's part of the culture to accept foreigners and make them feel welcomed, so they speak english to english speakers, etc. Also they value the ability to speak english, as in the Philippines, doing good in english class is stressed, and most household speech is usually english (in my situation and same as most of my friends, not sure if that's the case with most Filipinos, tho).

Why?

the second language in the philippines is english (from the american educational system set up there by the US commonwealth Govt.)... so it comes natural for us filipinos to speak english ... while chinese, koreans, vietnamese and other asians tend to speak their native language at home filipino families tend to speak english more than other asians at home ... hence the trend for filam kids to speak more english than filipino but most of them understand filipino though .... they just cant speak it

Why?

I agree with supercrap's response. I also think it has something to do with what generation (of filam) they are, but I could be wrong.

At my school there's a conglomeration of Asians who all know each other and if you mess up with one of them, ALL of them know. I'm convinced that all the Asians here know each other one way or another...Everyone with their Anglo-cized first names and sian last names.

Anyways. Everytime I see an Asian girl with a white guy on the quad, I secretly think in my head: "TRAITOR!" But then I remember I stopped liking Asian women a while ago.

I don't think conglomeration could be used in that sentence, but alright. But if all of them know, you must go to a school with a small minority of asians?

But I do have a conspiracy that all Korean parents know each other if they're from the same area (same city) and Viet parents.

Guest youngteam

what is it about FOB koreans that i find so infuriating? i was trapped with several of them while waiting for my order at starbucks and i wanted to punch every one of them in the throat. i think it has something to do with their arrogance, which is inversley proportional to how they look.

p.s. don't kid yourselves, filipinos aren't asians.

Even though I am Taiwanese, I don't affiliate with any of the Taiwanese on my campus. I wanna know what the fuck they do if they don't party or drink? I can speak Mandarin so when i ask them if they go to clubs or drink they all respond with no...

Yeah, I've been with white chicks my whole life but i'd like to see what an asian chick is like in the sack.

ha, so true...which state r u in?

what is it about FOB koreans that i find so infuriating? i was trapped with several of them while waiting for my order at starbucks and i wanted to punch every one of them in the throat. i think it has something to do with their arrogance, which is inversley proportional to how they look.

p.s. don't kid yourselves, filipinos aren't asians.

wow...don't do it man..korean are good at fight..and some of them are very violent...

and by the way..they are good at tae kwon do.