the "ask an asian" thread.

mizanation

I would like to add another step

Take them to the gaudiest Japanese restaurant thats popular among non-japanese and tell them its the best Japanese restaurant in town. This will cause a brief spark of anger with them upon dining and the next date will be guaranteed as they will feel obligated to take you to a real authentic Japanese restaurant and explain the subtleties of real Japanese cuisine.

Great strategy. I will try this when I visit the states. England and I hit on some Jap-bitches in Hollywood last Winter. If I had more time, I could have puilled this off...

but you can skip every step if you're ridiculously handsome.

I think this is true, irrespective of race.

But I've known a ton of handsome guys that have absolutely no game.

And then a few that have amazing game.

Herpsky isn't one of either of these.

let's just say i wouldn't want to be filipino and living in hong kong.

I wouldn't want to be Filipino and be living anywhere in Asia.

They get spit on by every other race they coexist with.

Just for your information, I'm part Filpino so this isn't necessarily anything about superiority but rather the economic/social dynamics that exist against Filipinos.

Sad but true.

I think Filipinos need to stop buying stupid ass dunks and trying to be break-dancers and thinking that going to a CalState university is a "good enough" education. And start pursuing more elite/noble professions and trying to set themselves apart rather than just integrating. I feel that they comfortable by just getting by or integrating into whatever society they live in. I haven't met too many Filipinos in banking.

Just for your information, I'm part Filpino so this isn't necessarily anything about superiority but rather the economic/social dynamics that exist against Filipinos.

Sad but true.

I think Filipinos need to stop buying stupid ass dunks and trying to be break-dancers and thinking that going to a CalState university is a "good enough" education. And start pursuing more elite/noble professions and trying to set themselves apart rather than just integrating. I feel that they comfortable by just getting by or integrating into whatever society they live in. I haven't met too many Filipinos in banking.

BUT WAT ABOUT NUUURSING!?!! WE NEED MORE NURSES!!!

Sad but true.

No offense but I think West Coast Filipinos are just dumber in general. I came to this conclusion after going to "FIND" and ECASU like 3 years in a row. All the filipinos I know out here are either doctors, programmers, systems engineers, product managers, nurses, anesthesiologists, graphic designers, and accountants.

Actually, I think many Taiwanese wish they were Japanese.

This is true. I meet a lot of Taiwanese girls who have Japa-fied themselves so much that they are in denial about being Taiwanese.

But I've seen some Japanese girls just fucking check them by "accidently" asking them questions about China/calling them Chinese, subtle racism here is an art form.

lol,i hope youre being sarcastic, most filipinos i know are in med ,either nurse,doctor or dentists.

My mother is a nurse.

Honestly, aside from medicine where are there Filipinos?

I haven't met once a Filipino in banking.

Not once.

Most go into import export I suppose.

But they usually have Chinese blood in them (at least my cousins do).

Asian Hierarchy (But obviously every race feels they are superior, but in my experience)

Japanese/Korean

Taiwanese

Cantonese

Mainland Chinese

Thai

Filipinos

Vietnamese

Lao/Cambodian/Burma

Not included: Indians (not really East-Asian but who gives a fuck when we R.U.N. America, bitches)

this is from a while ago, but here it goes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOU KNOW YOU ARE JAPANESE IF...

1. You're obsessed with you hair, your car, and your clothes

2. You want to marry a Korean American or Chinese American woman (males); or you want to marry a white guy (females).

3. You're afraid of black people.

4. You know you are superior to all other Asians.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOU KNOW YOU ARE KOREAN IF...

1. You smoke and drink too much.

2. You're actually sorry that Margaret Cho's sitcom was canceled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOU KNOW YOU ARE CHINESE IF...

1. You think you're the smartest people in the world.

2. Today's steamed rice is tomorrow's fried rice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOU KNOW YOU ARE CAMBODIAN IF...

1. You own, have relative who owns, or know someone who owns a DONUT SHOP!!!

2. You have a life time job at a donut shop.

3. You still work at a donut shop on weekends even if you have a full time job outside.

4. You HATE Donuts!!

5. You can't live without steamed rice.

6. You want other Asians to stop meddling in your country.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOU KNOW YOU ARE VIETNAMESE IF...

1. You've gotta have fish sauce with every meal.

2. You eat at a restaurant that has "Pho."

3. You have some relative who is Chinese.

4. You're afraid of black people.

5. You know you are superior to all other Asians.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOU KNOW YOU ARE FILIPINO IF...

1. You want to be a dancer, a singer, or an actor, even though you have a day job as a nurse, a security guard, or an accountant.

2. A member of your family back home is a politician or a movie star.

3. You're not afraid of black people; in fact, you wish you were black.

4. You don't care if you are superior to all other Asians or not, because being Filipino is just cool in itself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOU KNOW YOU ARE THAI IF...

1. No matter what you eat, it's not greasy or spicy enough.

2. You're not afraid of black people, because in some cases you're just as dark as they are.

3. You know in your heart that you will never be superior to all other Asians, but you've learned to live with it.

This is true. I meet a lot of Taiwanese girls who have Japa-fied themselves so much that they are in denial about being Taiwanese.

But I've seen some Japanese girls just fucking check them by "accidently" asking them questions about China/calling them Chinese, subtle racism here is an art form.

I actually know a taiwanese girl who only speaks japanese with her parents at home, its not like she grew up in Japan, she's grew up in philly.

I actually know a taiwanese girl who only speaks japanese with her parents at home, its not like she grew up in Japan, she's grew up in philly.

Well there is the whole WWII Japanese occupation issue.

It's perfectly possible that her parents were forced to learn/speak japanese growing up then naturally starting using the language in their daily lives.

But that's just weird.

But some Taiwanese girls could still get the poker.

Here's my version.

You know you are JAPANESE if:

1) You've owned 6 different cell phones already and you're 14.

2) You've changed your hairstyle 14 times and you're 12.

3) You are afraid of black people, white people, chinese people, koreans, muslims, jews, and medium sized dogs.

4) You've been molested on a train/subway and didn't say shit.

5) You don't even think your country is a part of Asia

You know you are CHINESE if:

1) You sprinkle msg on everything like its salt.

2) You pick a wife based on how well she cooks mabo-dofu.

3) You don't notice that you spit when you talk, or that everyone is wondering why you only have 4 teeth.

4) If you don't marry someone richer than you, your parents think you failed at life.

5) You think Gucci is currency and would trade your one child for it.

You know you are KOREAN if:

1) You hate all your Korean friends and talk shit about them constantly, but still hang out with them every day.

2) Your sister's friend got eyelid surgery because she wants to look less Korean, you are secretly jealous.

3) Your parents think you are stupid even though you graduated summa cum laude from the Ivy they told you to go to.

You know you are LAOTIAN/THAI/CAMBODIAN/VIETNAMESE/FILIPINO if

1) You are darker than mongols, poorer than mexicans, or have elephants/a lot of trannies in your country.

3) Your parents think you are stupid even though you graduated summa cum laude from the Ivy they told you to go to.

Haha, I laughed.

I have a few friends like this.

But they are now in Harvard Law or Medical School.

And gonna make more bank than me in a few years.

:(

1) You hate all your Korean friends and talk shit about them constantly, but still hang out with them every day.

2) Your sister's friend got eyelid surgery because she wants to look less Korean, you are secretly jealous.

I would like to add

4) You went to Yale, Stanford, Princeton, or Brown to prepare for the future when you run your parent's laundromat in Harlem/East New York/South Central.

Haha, I laughed.

I have a few friends like this.

But they are now in Harvard Law or Medical School.

And gonna make more bank than me in a few years.

:(

Well look at it this way, you had a better head start in making money than them and you may retire earlier than them especially in your field.

All my doctor friends will be making money by the time I retire.

You know you are CHINESE if:

1) You sprinkle msg on everything like its salt.

5) You think Gucci is currency and would trade your one child for it.

thats only when we make food for foreigners

SOJs is currency

You know you are LAOTIAN/THAI/CAMBODIAN/VIETNAMESE/FILIPINO if

1) You are darker than mongols, poorer than mexicans, or have elephants/a lot of trannies in your country.

2. When you have a trash can under your kitchen sink

I am asian, and I was wondering if other asians give money to their parents when they work full-time after graduating, if so how much.

Philipinos do. Usually a huge percentage of their wages specially if they still live with the folks.