Pride FC and MMA

Haz

Id like to thank "The Reem" for making the term "K1 Level Striking" completely irrelevant.

I want to see him in the UFC now more than ever just so I can see the internet cry out all at once when he goes 0-3 and gets cut.

I believe it was Werdum who made the "K-1 level striking" irrelevant as he lay down and spread his legs as soon as Overeem connected.

And I agree, Overeem is overhyped, but he would not get cut by the UFC nor go 0-3. Would love to see Overeem vs JDS.

I believe it was Werdum who made the "K-1 level striking" irrelevant as he lay down and spread his legs as soon as Overeem connected.

And I agree, Overeem is overhyped, but he would not get cut by the UFC nor go 0-3. Would love to see Overeem vs JDS.

If Werdum had proper cornering and they told him to stop pulling guard and continue striking theres no question in my mind he would have won that fight. He outstruck Overeem and Overeem was gassed (as usual) and we already know he doesnt have that great of a chin.

Or perhaps they did tell him to stop being a douche and he wouldnt hear it I dont know. Either way, if he had a plan B his hand would have been raised.

Overeem had poooooor defense that night but he did say Werdum's punches were really weak and just there to set up a takedown.

I'm assuming that's the reason why he took so many punches to the face without covering up but still....

Bigfoot looks like he could take him down pretty easily due to his massive stature and the lack of takedown defense Overeem has.

Overeem had poooooor defense that night but he did say Werdum's punches were really weak and just there to set up a takedown.

I'm assuming that's the reason why he took so many punches to the face without covering up but still....

Bigfoot looks like he could take him down pretty easily due to his massive stature and the lack of takedown defense Overeem has.

Thats clearly all posturing. You can watch the fight to see why he took so many shots to the face. He couldnt use his kickboxing defense with the high and tight guard because he was afraid of leaving himself open for the takedown. Thats why Werdum was able to land those overhand rights repeatedly. Further if Werdum was just a little better of a striker with a bit better combos and accuracy he would have taken Overeem to task with the way he was holding his gloves up with gaping spaces between. You can see a good example of this in his fights against Liddell or Kharitonov.

There are so many holes in Overeems MMA game and I'm really surprised at the way people are completely ignoring it even after this fight. I get it he's cool to look at and he's a top level kickboxer but the Overeem mancrush is getting a little ridiculous.

Thats clearly all posturing. You can watch the fight to see why he took so many shots to the face. He couldnt use his kickboxing defense with the high and tight guard because he was afraid of leaving himself open for the takedown. Thats why Werdum was able to land those overhand rights repeatedly. Further if Werdum was just a little better of a striker with a bit better combos and accuracy he would have taken Overeem to task with the way he was holding his gloves up with gaping spaces between. You can see a good example of this in his fights against Liddell or Kharitonov.

There are so many holes in Overeems MMA game and I'm really surprised at the way people are completely ignoring it even after this fight. I get it he's cool to look at and he's a top level kickboxer but the Overeem mancrush is getting a little ridiculous.

i see what youre saying here.. BUT..

overeem is really buff! and he eats horse meat!

Question: Does anyone know where I can get a complete box set for Pride? The ones that have the complete events as aired, not the edited ones that Zuffa is putting out.

There is a set that comes in like 5 or 6 volumes on Amazon but Id like a complete box set if it exist.

You guys watching this tonight? I don't see alot of finishes happening this fight, but my predictions are usually pretty bad. Im picking:

Cruz via decision.

Leben via 3rd round tko.

Bader via decision.

Condit via decision

Siver via decision.

Just the fact that you picked Leben over 185lbs Silva makes me not give a shit about all your pics.. (I'm a die hard fan.. all homo)

I feel like I have the same amount of love for Leben's crazy ass as I do for Wandys crazy ass.

Tell me you didnt love that triangle on Akiyama.

I feel like I have the same amount of love for Leben's crazy ass as I do for Wandys crazy ass.

Tell me you didnt love that triangle on Akiyama.

I'm really starting to like Leben :(

I remember that one fight against Terry Martin and my friend and I were just going crazy at the end, thinking he would loose and get kicked out the UFC.

Now when I hear he's fighting, I'm forced to watch it. Dude's gotten so much better and he's a real contender now.

Yeah I mean he isnt a great fighter but he's pretty much the walking embodiment of "a punchers chance". It's nice to see him get better in small spurts here and there too. Zuffa should setup a match between Leben and Scott Smith. A 5 rounder so they can power up to maximum levels (probably over 9000!) while mutually dealing heavy damage to one another. Whoever can power up the quickest and get off that last Hail Mary shot wins the match .

He should probably stop getting DUI's though.

dana on machida accepting the rashad fight, then turning it down:

“Machida’s been champing at the bit to fight and telling us, ‘I want to fight, I want to fight,’ so when we called and offered him the fight [with Evans], he said, ‘I’ll fly out there tomorrow to fight if you pay me what you pay Anderson Silva,’ ” White said. “I was like, ‘[Expletive] you. Achieve what Anderson Silva has achieved and maybe you’ll get paid that way.’ And so we moved on.”

also, dream.17 is should be on for US viewers in a few hours.