Pride FC and MMA

Haz

"That motherfucker doesn’t want to fight me. Talking about [how] he wants to fight me every chance he gets. He’s got control of the media. I’ll fight at any weight. I’ll fight at 185 pounds. I’d like to get paid. Pacquiao’s making $40 fucking million, GSP’s making a couple millions dollars, and I’m over here driving a Honda because my shit’s breaking down."

@ktothe, lol don't worry, I'm well aware of his vulnerability to wrestling. he even got taken down in the daley fight. I also know that his level of competition has't been stellar and he's somehow managed to avoid fighting wrestlers in this most recent win streak of his. It just comes down to it being a gut feeling, mostly persuaded by bias.

When I speculated how diaz would fare against the likes of kos and fitch, my first instinct is to say that he'd manage to stay off his back via reversals/sweeps/escapes and would outstrike easily. The second scenario, and more probable one, plays out like you said before.

Speaking of which, it just came to me, gsp has been able to get off his back.against fitch (and kos?) fairly easily. Also, though we've seen diaz taken down here and there, but when hasn't his high level Jiu jitsu gotten him back up just as easily? Not gonna start comparing gsp and diaz, maybe a little, but is gsps explosiveness and strength that much more effective than diaz's aggressive jiu jitsu?

All in all, I just hope this strikeforce merger happens sooner than later

Speaking of which, it just came to me, gsp has been able to get off his back.against fitch (and kos?) fairly easily. Also, though we've seen diaz taken down here and there, but when hasn't his high level Jiu jitsu gotten him back up just as easily? Not gonna start comparing gsp and diaz, maybe a little, but is gsps explosiveness and strength that much more effective than diaz's aggressive jiu jitsu?

Take a look at the Sanchez fight. It's basically Nick trying to get off his back for 3 rounds.

Also the Karo fight.

• 3 weeks later...

Jake Shields has to be the worst striker he's fought since MAYBE Matt Hughes which was 6 year ago, and quite possibly even further back. Prepared to see some crazy ass shit on the feet by GSP. Also feel like he'll take it to the ground at one point or another and surprise us with how well he bodes against Shields' bottom game.