waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

AgentJ, what really makes you look like a waiter at any generic Cleveland bar+grille is the fact that you don't tuck in your dress shirts. Even tailored or whatever, that isn't the sort of button-down you leave untucked unless you graduated from a Big Ten school with a degree in communications and you were still, after all of these years, waiting for the local NBC station to give you your big break in being a stage-hand for the nightly news.

AgentJ, what really makes you look like a waiter at any generic Cleveland bar+grille is the fact that you don't tuck in your dress shirts. Even tailored or whatever, that isn't the sort of button-down you leave untucked unless you graduated from a Big Ten school with a degree in communications and you were still, after all of these years, waiting for the local NBC station to give you your big break in being a stage-hand for the nightly news.

I see.

Is there any situation in which it is ok to wear a dress shirt untucked?

I see.

Yeah, but you need to have strong personal style. Sorry, dude.

I see.

If the shirt is actually meant to be worn unbuttoned. It's also the material - it's a very smooth / shiny looking white which tends to be dressier. Wearing it so casually is enhancing waiter connotations. You'd be better off finding a more casual matte fabric especially since you aren't wearing it with a jacket or anything else.

that is kinda expensive. can be worth it, depending on the value of the shirt though. where are you from, landho?

My tailor charges $18 for sleeve and hem alterations on shirts and $24 for the sides to be taken in. (I think his prices are slightly higher than normal for around here.)

Austin, Texas!

I had to switch tailors, though. I left two pairs of pants and a shirt with my previous tailor, and she took three months despite intermittent phone calls from me harassing her. (She said that it would take a week and a half, which is already pretty long.) My new tailor is a little more expensive (about 20% higher), but he is like clockwork.