macbook info

rabka

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although aluminum is a sexy material. Only downside is the nature of aluminum, it repels wifi signals away from your computer.

Can be a huge turn off when your in a somewhat weak hot spot.

I read that wifi signal is only affecting by ferrous metal which aluminum is not.

looks like this leaked image was pretty accurate

Yo, i don't give a fuck what the shit looks like, i needs a new laptop tomorrow at 10am.

new macbook pro looks uglier but thinner/sleeker from the pictures.

macbookpro.jpg

as i understand it from the live-blogging/twitter stuff there'll only be a 100dollar drop for the existing line of macbooks, intro prices on the new macbook is 1299 or there-abouts...so no real recession-pricing. also something about solid-state hard drives for the pro.

just ordered. will post upon arrival.

new macbook pro looks uglier but thinner/sleeker from the pictures.

macbookpro.jpg

as i understand it from the live-blogging/twitter stuff there'll only be a 100dollar drop for the existing line of macbooks, intro prices on the new macbook is 1299 or there-abouts...so no real recession-pricing. also something about solid-state hard drives for the pro.

i have a yellow-ish 1st gen macbook that i bought the day they got available here, and I don't want to trade it for a new one. i just hope mine will stay alive for a long time.

i'm really dissapointed...was hoping that the base macbook model would have a 2.4 g processor. also, i am not so keen on the black bezel around the screen, had they kept it aluminum it would look much better.

now, i am contemplating ordering the old white macbook instead of the new one. we'll see

i'm trying to find stickers to put on mine, where the hands rest... because it's very ugly and people might think i have dirty hand which is totally not the case. and i tried every method to clean it, but it seems that the plastic turned yellow because of the heat.

Today's the day.. I've been waiting!

Should I cop? The main reason why I wanted one was cuz Apple has effectively put my testicles in a vicegrip once I bought the og iPhone. I have to use their proprietary shiet for everything and nothing "just works" on my PC. To add to that, my brother has an iMac in the room and I think things would just work better together that way in terms of compatibility.

I do have some reserves, though.. $1300 for what you get seems a bit pricey, and I've read that they even cut down on the student discount.. The thing is I'll be using it mainly for school, nothing too intensive really. In fact I'll probably close it and keep it in a drawer and have it set up to a wireless desktop setup (monitor, keyboard, speakers, mouse etc). So for that reason I think I can skip the 2.4GHz model since I won't need the extra 400MHz and storage space (I have an external) and the illuminated keyboard would be useless. I'm thinking about using the money I'd save on accessories like a Logitech DiNovo Edge, Airport Express, other jawns..

I've read that people hate the glossy screen, which worries me because even though I'll be using a different monitor at my desk I'm afraid I'll sacrifice visibility when I'm doing stuff on the go / in the sun (and my school has plenty of that..) The firewire doesn't bother me since I've never used it, but the 2 USB ports seems lame too.

anyway.. should cop?? I basically just had a conversation with myself in this post. :\

EDIT: looks like the apple store has backlit keyboard on the entry level model too o_O

Today's the day.. I've been waiting!

Should I cop? The main reason why I wanted one was cuz Apple has effectively put my testicles in a vicegrip once I bought the og iPhone. I have to use their proprietary shiet for everything and nothing "just works" on my PC. To add to that, my brother has an iMac in the room and I think things would just work better together that way in terms of compatibility.

I do have some reserves, though.. $1300 for what you get seems a bit pricey, and I've read that they even cut down on the student discount.. The thing is I'll be using it mainly for school, nothing too intensive really. In fact I'll probably close it and keep it in a drawer and have it set up to a wireless desktop setup (monitor, keyboard, speakers, mouse etc). So for that reason I think I can skip the 2.4GHz model since I won't need the extra 400MHz and storage space (I have an external) and the illuminated keyboard would be useless. I'm thinking about using the money I'd save on accessories like a Logitech DiNovo Edge, Airport Express, other jawns..

I've read that people hate the glossy screen, which worries me because even though I'll be using a different monitor at my desk I'm afraid I'll sacrifice visibility when I'm doing stuff on the go / in the sun (and my school has plenty of that..) The firewire doesn't bother me since I've never used it, but the 2 USB ports seems lame too.

anyway.. should cop?? I basically just had a conversation with myself in this post. :\

EDIT: looks like the apple store has backlit keyboard on the entry level model too o_O

Yes you should cop.

what apple computers lack in specs they more than make up for in terms of functionality and build quality (of the software especially)

these things will last you.

i have the glossy screen and i love it. i never even thought it bothered anyone until you mentioned it..

glossy screen = deeper, richer blacks and overall better contrast

2 usb ports.. its a laptop, its a mobile device, how many things do you want to have it plugged into all at once? 2 seems to enough for me

COP ONE.

but be smart, cop used with applecare and save yourself a ton of money.

I'm gonna get a macbook.

Apple has made a hugeeee mistake making the MBPros screen glossy. HUGE.

The selling point of the pros to me before was of course the video card (compared to the Macbook which was SHIT before) and the screen being matte. I hate glossy screens specially when working with graphics. It's just so off. Why the fuck did they make it glossy?

Now since the two are almost equal, and both have glossy screens anyway, I'm definitely buying a macbook soon.

yeah, lack of speed is the biggest issue.

i'm really dissapointed...was hoping that the base macbook model would have a 2.4 g processor. also, i am not so keen on the black bezel around the screen, had they kept it aluminum it would look much better.

now, i am contemplating ordering the old white macbook instead of the new one. we'll see

2 usb ports.. its a laptop, its a mobile device, how many things do you want to have it plugged into all at once? 2 seems to enough for me

I will be using it as a desktop replacement as well when I'm in my dorm, so I'd have a monitor, external hdd, wireless mouse, flash drive of some sort, etc.. but then I can cop a hub to resolve that issue.

Also, the glossy screen won't bother me for the most part because it'll be closed and tucked away.

COP ONE.

but be smart, cop used with applecare and save yourself a ton of money.

elaborate plz. cop USED??? and with applecare.. is that just so if it breaks they replace with a brand new one? how much money would I save?