Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

So this is gonna come across as a little (or a lot) cheesy, but here goes.

Something huge happened for Canada the past two weeks. Games that started out horribly were turned around, and became one of the most incredible Olympic experiences I can remember. And they were largely turned around by the surge of energy that those lucky enough to attend the games injected into them. I can't speak for any others, but this country was entirely transformed by these Olympics. Every conversation eventually drifted back to the games. Every bar was rammed with people just taking part in the atmosphere created by the competition. Canada's patriotism felt genuine for the first time in my memory - pride that is characterized by who we are, rather than by some inferiority complex. Regardless of medal counts, I feel a strange sense of privilege for having been around to feel this, and feel like a part of it. I got weirdly emotional at the realization that they're over, because I never want this feeling to go away.

Couldnt have said it better Clopek

For a team that had no gold to speak of on home soil, to go and get the largest amount of gold medals in Olympic history is epic. Every street had people wearing Canada's colors, and every bar and pub was rammmed with people watching everything from sledding/figure skating to hockey

USA, you are worthy adversaries. Ryan Miller was phenomenal, and to be fair, 2 of our goals in that game he had no chance of stopping ( defensive errors)

I am proud to be Canadian, hats off to all fellow canucks who cheered for our homeland

canadaflagsunset.jpg

hahaha was anyone watching the olympics just now?

friskies cat food commercial after the performance was crazy as fuck

OWZ6xtVLmzA

shit i'll have what he's having if i could reach that level of high

Canada's mail system is still a reason to have an inferiority complex however. my package from winnipeg is now in mississauga even though that's 1000 miles the opposite way from where I'm located. annoying..

But the olympics were pretty good this year (at least by the end), I'll give you that

i was just in a zaxby's and this girl walked up to me and asked me if i had a girlfriend. after i said no she handed me a napkin with her friends name and number on it and said that her friend thought i was really attractive. hahaha. to call or not to call?( or text rather) my gut is telling me that a girl that would do that is probably pretty crazy.