Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

after that post mentioning ap govt. i looked at some posters' ages and they were all in high school. totally tripped me out because i guess i feel like i just got out of high school, when in reality i just graduated college. seeing the ages 17 and 18 made me feel old i guess. jesus.

where did we come from?

The poll spanned 11-20, so prolly a lot of people are 18,19,20 so were lots of college too I bet.

e: Just saw this erection help commercial with a couple laughing and smiling on their couch with their dog licking both of them....................................

You mad? Us high-schoolers are the young blood.

In six months, I'll be cool too...

edit: wait, where the hell did you guys come from?

sufu highschool club!!

wow.. suddenly i feel like i havnt done much in my 17 yrs of life... many regrets already :(

I played with the dogs in the compound, poked at Pogey's odd growths. They didn't go away with the baths my sister and I gave him. My cousins played basketball, I watched from the hammock, they kicked up dust clouds, made a dust fog.

My young uncle Raymond from my mom's side woke me, told me we had somewhere to go. The maid closed the gate behind us, my uncle's car still rumbled. His friend, Bull, opened the door. I got in the back seat.

"Look in the bag," my uncle Raymond said. He was too young to be called Tito, really.

On the seat next to me, a purple canvas fanny pack. I unzipped it. A gun. .45 cal rested in a pile of bullets. The bag shifted with every bump of the road, the bullets jingled. I laughed.

"There's an m16 in the trunk," Raymond said, "but we need to get some bullets."

I waited in the car in front of two houses. Raymond came out nodding negative. Bull said he knew someone, and I waited alone in the car for the third house.

They came out with a backpack and some smiles. I looked at the police car in the driveway of the house, of course a cop would have bullets to share.

We drove out of Roxas along a road that'll never be finished. On the two lane passage, some stretches only had enough cement for one lane. Honk honk horn, as we overtook cars, honk honk horn when they overtook us.

We came to a family fishpond owned by father's family. With the m16, we pulled out a cooler of beer to satiate the workers, the fishermen. San Miguel hush money for the fishermen, but I don't think they would have said anything regardless. When I took the rifle out of the car's trunk -- it was pretty heavy -- they smiled. We laid it out with the handgun along the hood, bullets surrounding.

"Okay Lec, this is how you load, this is the safety, three point --"

"I know, I know, grandpa showed me when I came around last time."

"When you were twelve?"

When Raymond, Bull, the fishermen, and I finished our beers, we took the bottles and some wooden planks and placed them on the opposite end of a small pond.

I put centimos in my ears and pulled the trigger. BANG. It was louder than I remember, but I didn't flinch. BANG. BANG. BANG. BANG. BANG. BANG.

I knew the gun was empty. I filled up the magazine with more bullets. Banged seven times. Moved to the m16, and felt the fear of a gun that didn't feel like a toy.

"You're a natural," Raymond told me. "Now pick up those casings."