Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

diamonds they are legal, and standalone. you dont need warcraft 3 for them. the dudes who made dota made league of legends and heroes of newerth. idk all the details but thats the gist.

ednob: must spread around rep. username is AgnesNutter. sent you a friend request.

is it free tho?
^ I dunno - the site says its in beta or something.

can someone explain to me what the deal with these WIII spinoff things is. Do you need the warcraft software or is it a standalone game using the same engine?

Is it even legal?

I would google but no

its free right now in closed beta, pm for invites. i only have a few though.

Someone recommend me a book by a classic American author.

Any particular direction you want to be heading in? Crime, drama ect

And how far back are we talking?

I am a voracious reader, maybe I can drop you some ideas natse. I am more into current titles, but some of the older good books I have read are

Deliverance : James Dickey

The Great Gatsby : F. Scott Fitzgerald

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest : Ken Kesey

Just placed an Amazon order for;

# Slaughterhouse 5, or The Children's Crusade - A Duty-dance with Death - Kurt Vonnegut

# Fiesta: The Sun Also Rises (Arrow Classic) - Ernest Hemingway

# The Great Gatsby (Penguin Modern Classics) - F Scott Fitzgerald

# Other Voices, Other Rooms (Penguin Modern Classics) - Truman Capote

was thinking that any (even superficial) growth of biotic memory would also seem to involve at least in a minimal way, a certain diminution or impairment of the entire aparatus, whether that be considered functionally (processing speed, etc.), or simply on a material level where specific contents/connections are lost. in most cases, i'd imagine that the growth would be quantitatively greater than decay, and so 'generally' unproblematic.

but even if one were to take an intentional stance at a level of physical cause and effect (let alone subjective-experientially), the continual growth of one's memory across time would also constitute a continual loss. that continual loss is the death of certain past experiences. none of this is a hugely strange fact for most people. what is dead might be inferred in some cases as an absence, but,

my feeling is that trying to think of those memories which have been irrevocably altered or lost wholesale is one of the most absurd and interesting processes i can think of. almost of meditative value like koan.

could be the case that our very physical constitution institutes the meno paradox. how are you to know of a thing when you are wholly ignorant of what it is? "even if you happen to bump right into it, how will you know it is the thing you didn't know?"