THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

i was looking for a black raw selvedge denim. can i get any recommendations?

Imperial, Kicking Mule Workshop, Samurai, Pure Blue Japan, Oni, and others make black raw selvedge denim. Samurai may be hard to come by because of the law suits, same for Oni and it doesn't look like BiG ever stocked them (someone posted a link to Hinoya). Imperials are available at context and self edge, denim bar probably has kicking mule in black (and offers 20% for style forum members). BiG will probably still sell you the PBJs. There's Dior also

Hey,

Great forum. I been reading most of the threads, and now i think i'm ready for my first pair of preminum jeans. I'm tring to decide between PBJ japan xx005 or Sugarcane Okinawa. I want a comfortable straight leg fit. I know asking which one is better is subject however if anyone owns both and can help that would be great.

Hey,

Great forum. I been reading most of the threads, and now i think i'm ready for my first pair of preminum jeans. I'm tring to decide between PBJ japan xx005 or Sugarcane Okinawa. I want a comfortable straight leg fit. I know asking which one is better is subject however if anyone owns both and can help that would be great.

if you want high rise, get the 'nawas. if you want low rise, get the pbjs.

and yes, the rise should make a huge impact on youre decision.

Imperial, Kicking Mule Workshop, Samurai, Pure Blue Japan, Oni, and others make black raw selvedge denim. Samurai may be hard to come by because of the law suits, same for Oni and it doesn't look like BiG ever stocked them (someone posted a link to Hinoya). Imperials are available at context and self edge, denim bar probably has kicking mule in black (and offers 20% for style forum members). BiG will probably still sell you the PBJs. There's Dior also

i don't think KMW is doing black. correct me if i'm wrong

forgot to say that i am a 38 and i think imperials only go to 36. do all the brands go up to 38?

forgot to say that i am a 38 and i think imperials only go to 36. do all the brands go up to 38?

Samurai has the S5000BK in sizes up to 40 on their website. May be a bit of a risk ordering from there with the whole Levi's deal, but more than likely its no problem. At 38, Pure Blue isn't going to be an option. Don't know what size Kicking Mule goes up to.

hmm. are you ust choosing between the two? its either apc recues or 21 cm's right? they fit pretty much the same bRAND NEW but once you use them the apc stretches pretty bad imo... the diors stretches too but not as bad as the apc's on the good side is that apc's are selvedge.. dior's not and diors are more expensive.. endpoint is get what your heart desire errrr rather your wallet too..

pretty sure the cut of the diors isnt even close to the rescues just from taking a look at pictures.

Rescues are straight making them slightly boot and the diors are a slim tapered fit dotn know about the 21 cm though probably a little less tapered

As far as quality goes and fade wise the diors are probably a better buy.

i have a pair of rescues and a pair of 21cm both in 30...

the rescues are much baggier, there is a definite difference. It all depends on how your rescues fit...if your rescues are tight then the diors will be much tighter. if you're looking for something relatively similar then i would recommend a 35 or a 36, but keep in mind that eventually the diors will stretch (some would say this is a good thing, as i personally think diors look better slouched)

I've had the Rescues for awhile and I'm starting to looking to get something else similar, but a bit more upscale. I really like the design of the Diors and was hoping they'd fit fairly close to the rescues. I'm fan of diors back pocket scar. Unfortunately there's nowhere where I live to try them on in person...I'm probaly going to get them viaeluxury with the free shipping they offer and if the fits not too my liking send them back. I wear them a bit slouchy and loose if that helps.

i suggest getting a 33 or a 34 on diors 21cm..

what the hell, you suggest sizing down 3 sizes? also your wrong about the fit, rescues, when worn in a matchign size, dont fit similarly to dior 21cm's. the diors are a slimmer cut. please dont spit your knowledge if you have no facts.

my regular size is 31-32, I wear a 30 in APC and 31 in diors. so based on my experience, APC's fit a bit bigger. so for the diors I would size down maybe 1, but you might want to look around for measurements on those sizes to confirm.

So I'm graduating lawschool and starting a job in september, but more importantly, i'll only be able to wear jeans on weekends. So i'm buying one more pair to break in before then, and I'd like suggestions.

I think I'm deciding between a few Samurai, the so500xx or so510xx66ii, but i'm also thinkin about the pbj xx-005 or maybe the SD-103

if you could only buy one more pair of jeans, what would they be?

hey mike lowery i happen to have both the pants well do you? my fucking diors 21 size 34 fits more like a 35-36ish so dont try to be a god here and let people who have really have these pants comment so lets both go to hell?

Didn't want to open up a new thread. Was thinking of getting two pairs of Raw Japanese Denim, one pair Oni Red (probably in a 29 / 30) and the other will be Flathead. Only thing is that I'm no sure either to get the Flathead 3003xx or the Flathead 5100. Undecided on the 5100xx b/c they mite be too bagygy. Im hoping the Onis and Flathead (whichever one i choose) will both fit similar to my Nudie RRDS (which I wear in a 31). I provided some pics. I know the Oni's and Flatheads will not have the same bootcut (don't mind a 8 to 8.5 leg opening) opening as the RRDS, but Im going for the same around the leg without the leg being too BAGGY. Any input in both these styles would be appreciated. Thank you.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Picture015.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Picture014.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Picture013.jpg