THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Flathead S5003 (to replace the ones I ruined) or wait for the SExIH03 bike jeans?

I don't have any flathead denim and it's seriously beautiful, but the S5003s are 13.75 ounces and I'm near to blowing out the crotch on most of my jeans thanks to bikes, though my Iron Hearts are going strong. 21 oz sounds good. . . . Or do I wait for measurements on the bike jeans?

Edit: Or maybe the Okinawa Mud Dyed?

pbj xx005-bk or

imperial duke black or

FH 4001-bk?

PBJ XX-005BK - I own a pair and love the fit. These do fit slim in the waist/thighs but not painfully tight. They look best when slouched. Though I wish the inseam was longer, it's not a big deal to me. These are of course are the infamous slubby denim.

Imperial Dukes - Nice denim, but I wouldn't recommend these. The back pockets are horrid and from experience they stack really wierd. The blacks also don't fade for shit so if you really want fades, I'd consider the indigos.

Flathead 4001BK - These are also very nice denim, and popular amongst the Sufu crowd. Half-selvage and have a great cut. The thighs on these are no where as slim as the XX-005's so If you have bigger thighs you're probably better off with these.

hello all. this is my first post, be gentle!

i'm completely new to quality denim. over the summer i wore levis 511 skinnys because i was in a jean crisis and they were what was given to me. they aren't great, but they are manageable with flip flops or bare feet. i can't stand them now that it's getting colder out and i'm wearing shoes, so i'm looking to buy something to end this nightmare. i don't want to spend anymore than $80 or $100 on a single pair, considering i'm a broke student and can't afford to invest more than that in pants. if i could get something like 2 pair for $120 or $140 that would be good, but i think that's asking too much.

i like pants that are as slim as i am. i've found that i like it tight on my thigh and either straight leg or slightly belled towards the foot. i really, really, really hate tapered leg as i've found with the skinnys. i guess you could say i like a straight leg or slightly belled? someone help me here because i don't know jean terminology.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated, hope that wasn't too long. thanks for reading!

edit: other jeans i've owned in the past six years are basically girls jeans, levis 511, 514, and some express seven rip offs. i'm a little too old to be doing the girl jean thing anymore, which is why i'm here.

i don't want to spend anymore than $80 or $100 on a single pair, considering i'm a broke student and can't afford to invest more than that in pants. if i could get something like 2 pair for $120 or $140 that would be good, but i think that's asking too much.

Considering your tight budget - APC New Standard - or Uniqlo 002....the latter run really affordable, there's a thread, something like 80 bucks..

alright...im gonna go with the flatheads....how much should i size down on em?

also i am in the US, where is the best place (online) i can get a good deal for em? i seen em on self-edge for 280...is there anywhere else i can get em?

Nope..only in Japan...plenty of proxys out there..

I've resently dealt with cyberpunk - excellent service...

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34517

Make sure to use email..

And sizing down on Flatheads ? Not a good idea...