THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Might give that a look then, cheers. I thought all the nudies were high rise.

There are two nudies in a low rise which are the SSK and Bootcut Ola. When I said the SS is low, I meant they are lower than the ralf. That may or may not seem low to you I don't know. The average joe on the other hand has a higher rise than the ralf but the cut in the leg is much better in my opinion.

I'm about 6 foot 3 175 lbs, and looking for a nice straight fit jean that has a slimming look, but isnt tight, something along the lines of Nudie Straight Seven, what would people recommend? I was looking at some APC and I liked some of thier cuts, but I'm not sure that any retailers around here carry them ( I would like to try before I buy :))..my last pair of jeans was a pair of gap gough and I hated the cut, and just the jean itself. I really just dont know where to start, and I would like to keep the price below 200 if possible. Any input or help would be appreciated! thanks!

cheers, indigojunkie, those look great! plus rep.

have they stretched/sculpted a lot with wear?

They were as tight as fk when I first hotsoaked them. I whould have first post soak pics around here somewhere...

sam09.jpg

They stretched out, conformed to my body almost perfectly. Still a bit too snug in the thigh, but in the seat and everywhere else, just the way I want it.

Rob, get the oxidation denim from WH, I say this because I know that the denim will be cooler and because I find that the SS cut sucks.

You don't like the SS cut? Thanks for the advice, Came. I was leaning more to the WH myself. It's going on my to-get list (growing longer by the day, unfortunately).

im planning to splurge on my first pair of quality denim and im wondering if i should start off with something like apcs or nudies, or should i just go for straight for the japanese denim, mostly likely skull 501xx 6x6.

Go straight to japanese denim, but having nudies and APC first might help you appreciate your J-denim more ;)

I have a quick question about APC hipsters...

Denim Bar suggests going 2 sizes down to account for stretch. I'm a 32 in the waist, but 34 on the hips where the jeans will sit. I'm not sure if that means I should by a 32, or stick with a 30.

Thanks in advance for any advice :-)

Any particular reason why?

edit: oh yeah, my waist is size 26, so availability could be a factor.

Skulls come in that size:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2495&category_id=&manufacturer_id=37&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/showcase/BB035.html

Not sure why you're supposed to stay away from skulls.

the 100% cotton thread issue is bother alot of members, personally it seems like it would be a bit aggravating but im still picking them up soon too. such nice denim and great fits.

Thinking of selling off my APCs and getting a pair of skinny japanese denim. Should I get

Skull 5010XX or

PBJ XX-005?

Other suggestions welcomed.

I have a pair of 005BK's and I can say that PBJ's are great denim, excellent quality and overall construction. I'd stay away from Skulls especially if you're looking for a pair of denim that lasts.

But it's truly up to you.. both cuts are nice and flattering.