THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

^i like the stubby feel of denim on PBJ, its also slimmer. its also LHT and personally i like the leaf design of PBJ. Not really a fan of TFH's pocket design. Nevertheless there r tons of ppl out there like TFH and I admit they r great jeans as well, fade faster than PBJ and cheaper as well.

Hi guys,

I'm moving to Minnesota soon and I want a pair of very heavy jeans with a very slim fit (at least 20 oz) to help me make it through the winters.

Right now I'm wearing PBJ XX-011s (3 or 4 months) and I like them but the denim is too light and I sized one too big. They are tagged 33 but are too big in the waist and the lower legs. I think I'm a true size 34 waist.

I've been thinking about the 24oz Samurai LHT model with tab and arcs from Rakuten (I think that's what these are http://en.item.rakuten.com/eight-g/820/) but will they ever be as slim as I want them without sizing down like crazy? Plus I like the tapered cut (due to the slimness), will straight legs be slim enough? I have larger thighs and slimmer calves. And any down-sizing advice for these?

I'm also open to other brands like Iron Heart, TFH, etc, but aside from Naked and Famous and PBJ, I don't know the product lines of any other company very well. Are there any very heavy yet tapered jeans?

Thanks a ton guys

Hi guys,

I'm moving to Minnesota soon and I want a pair of very heavy jeans with a very slim fit (at least 20 oz) to help me make it through the winters.

Right now I'm wearing PBJ XX-011s (3 or 4 months) and I like them but the denim is too light and I sized one too big. They are tagged 33 but are too big in the waist and the lower legs. I think I'm a true size 34 waist.

I've been thinking about the 24oz Samurai LHT model with tab and arcs from Rakuten (I think that's what these are http://en.item.rakuten.com/eight-g/820/) but will they ever be as slim as I want them without sizing down like crazy? Plus I like the tapered cut (due to the slimness), will straight legs be slim enough? I have larger thighs and slimmer calves. And any down-sizing advice for these?

I'm also open to other brands like Iron Heart, TFH, etc, but aside from Naked and Famous and PBJ, I don't know the product lines of any other company very well. Are there any very heavy yet tapered jeans?

Thanks a ton guys

I don' t think the Samurai 24 oz. LHT model will ever be slim enough for you if you want something in the neighborhood of an XX-011 for slimness.

If you want something slim, tapered, and heavy, I would recommend the Iron Heart 301S. The upcoming Devil's Fit could work, but it is less tapered than the 301S. The Beatle Buster could also, but it is less slim than the 301S or the Devil's Fit.

There aren't a whole lot of slim jeans out there that are 20 oz. or over at this point in time. Even the heavy N & F jeans are all sold out right now.

I think that super heavy denim does not really work with very slim fits. That said, get yourself the cut you like in "normal denim" and wear your current jeans with thermal underwear when it gets really cold (that's what the extra room is for). If you're worried about MN winters thicker denim will not help much.