what are you watching today?

red

cold-fish.jpg

am not a huge sono fan but this shit is funny

I watched this without reading into it, and because of this post I though it would be a straight up comedy, man was that a wrong assumption.

great movie though.

also watched confessions, it was enjoyable but not mind blowing

Ive been reading a bit of Thompson's work as of late and figured I would give this a viewing. Overall, a great documentary that covers the bulk of his life from boyhood to suicide. The interviews from close friends, as well as a few political figures really helped put his life into perspective.

nqeeld.jpg

A must see for any Newman fan. Truly one of his best performances, in particular the final court room scene. The attention to detail forces you to watch every little thing he does.

w9i61d.jpg

That must have been flipping enthralling!
that would have been amazing! philip glass is such a boss.

Was an incredible event, especially in the choral sections in the final third. Endless ostinatos :o

More recently, some Stoppard, Godard, and re-watched a Tom Hardy masterclass:

tumblr_levtg3MuPu1qf7wn8o1_500.jpg

AlphavilleHotel.jpg

tom-hardy-bronson.jpg.png

watched it in french for the final scene but hey it's an ok entertaining film to drink beers with your friends to

062407firstblood.jpg

and

Hesher+Poster.jpg

entertaining but could have been way better. it feels like not enough effort were but into the movie. gordon-levitt's fake tattoos look like crayola and he didn't look trashy enough imo.