Bicyclettes

canice

Voodoo Erzulie: Modded with a 700c wheelset. The rear uses a White Industries Eno hub for the vertical dropout. I have installed low profile fenders since for the rainy season. I will be changing the rear rim and spokes to black in the spring. Will also be grinding off the cable and rear brake boss braze-ons.

gallery_146914_138_88693.jpg

Kona Hahanna: This is a complete retro mod. It's my urban Cafe Cruiser. So much fun to ride and the steel is a comfortable ride on the trails when I do go offroad, which isn't too often.

gallery_146914_138_129702.jpg

I finally was able to upload images through Superfuture's gallery! Yay! Thanks for your patience

Edited by velopang

Vintage Brooks Saddles For sale $100 each. They are both from mid 1970's Raleighs and were barely ridden. They show some signs of age but are in great condition.

One is a black Brooks Professional with medium copper rivets

Second is a brown Brooks B17 with small copper rivets (comes with the Brooks seat post clamp as well)

DSCN3064.jpg

DSCN3073.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Those velo sewn-on covers look lush! I picked up a raleigh team banana last year to use as a winter bike, and the grip-tape is now well and truly knackered, but dont think the leather would look right (sigh)...

Its weird, I mainly ride to clear my head so I dont really think about much, just like tigerprawn said, ill stick my music on and just realx, especially now that we've been stuck with exams - I guess it's just my escape from all the bullshit! Speaking of which I've had to get my rear derailleur replaced, so no bike for alittle while!

Glad to see some activity in this thread. I guess it's warming up outside for the new season which is cool.

Love that Peugeot. That's definitely my favorite color scheme of theirs. Spiedel components?

Here's my recent eBay purchase. Screw jawns. I'm becoming an iBOB.

6938479503_276f16dc76_z.jpg

1992 Bridgestone RB-1 by orrery84, on Flickr

Edited by Orrery

can any nyc riders here give tips to a brand new rider (timid female, not me) for riding in the city. i don't ride bikes and don't have any experience riding one in traffic.

Helmet if she scared... start riding on bike pathways/greenways (west side highway/central park) before venturing out onto bike lanes.... when she gains enough confidence... its time for her to go play in traffic.... lol

oh yeah dont be a fucking salmon... dumbest shit to do... and get head/tail light and a bell...

5972750271_091e9936cb_z.jpg

my ride since last season:

cinelli mystic frame (custom paint job)

h+son sl42 white / unauthorized 8hole hub / fyxation session 700x23c

aerospoke / fyxation session 700x28c

miche bottom bracklet / sugino messenger 44t / force magnesium pedals / kmc x-superlight / whiteindustries eno 16t

kcnc hollow spacers / bbb freedom stem / cinelli lola handlebars / cinelli bubble tape

diacompe goldfinger / gore ride-on / kcnc c6 (one powdercoated)

bagaboo custom framepad

kcnc ti-pro seatpost / fizik antares 00 saddle

knog frog front / knog gekko rear

ahoj. neat bike.

as for commuting definitely get as much lighting as possible. Don't ride all the way jammed to the curb. try to stay more than a door length away from parked cars.

can any nyc riders here give tips to a brand new rider (timid female, not me) for riding in the city. i don't ride bikes and don't have any experience riding one in traffic.

1) Helmet. proper lighting if she's planning to ride at night

2) Get a proper lock if she's planning to leave it outdoors for more than a half a microsecond

3) OBEY THE TRAFFIC LAWS! Stop at lights, pass on the left

4) Don't ride in that tiny space between the parked cars and the right-hand lane. Take up a lane, go 25MPH, signal to cars. DON'T WEAVE AROUND THROUGH SLOW TRAFFIC!

5) Avoid very traffic heavy areas if possible. times square, midtown, chinatown, etc. Ride around them unless it's night time. Or walk from the nearest large avenue.

Honestly the most important thing is to just be visible to cars, pedestrians, and other riders, and to obey the traffic laws to a T. NYC cars expect bikers. I've been in MUCH less bike friendly places...

Edited by blm14

4) Don't ride in that tiny space between the parked cars and the right-hand lane. Take up a lane, go 25MPH, signal to cars. DON'T WEAVE AROUND THROUGH SLOW TRAFFIC!

lol you ride around the city @ 25mph all the time? Pretty badass but that might be more than most people can handle, plus, showing up like a sweaty mess sucks. I don't think people need to go that fast. If drivers are annoyed, let them be annoyed. Unless there is a posted minimum speed limit, don't worry about trying to keep pace.

Well obviously if there's a lot of traffic and cars are going 10 (which happens plenty) then I go 10. :) But my point is that if there's so few cars that traffic is going the speed limit then so should you.

As far as showing up like a sweaty mess, that's my lot in life. I'm one sweaty motherfucker anyways...