Bicyclettes

canice

Finally finished with this bike.... Took 3 years from start to finish to get it to this point.

DSC_6383.jpg

DSC_6385.jpg

DSC_6386.jpg

DSC_6388.jpg

Surly Steamroller, HED Belgium laced to Phil Wood, Chris King headset, Brooks Saddle, SRAM S300 crank, SRAM brake levers.

Originally bought the bike in the gross tanish color so I had it powder coated a few years back. I'm only running a front brake, but I wanted the levers for the added hand position. Chris King headset...in retrospect probably not the best allocation of funds, BMX pedals and Hold Fast straps so I can bike in boots if I need to. When it was all said and done I wasn't serious enough to rock a murdered out bike so I threw a lime green knog on there.

there's a speedo built into the lights and an algorithm that determines which was is forward. pretty wild.

Bicyclette random thought - rode by some dude today on a fixed gear bike with no brakes and no clips. Just feet on the pedals and no brakes. He didn't slow down in time as a yellow light went red and he literally jumped off his bike and held onto the handlebars as the bike went vertical in order to stop.

I asked him how he stopped if he was going faster and it was an emergency. He said "i just jam my foot in the back tire."

:confused:

what happens when you bike faster? to my understanding the lights blink so that they stay forward/backwards when traveling at a certain speed.

also did not read anything on the website.

The same way that your odometer on your bike knows how fast you're going. There's a magnet on the fork and another on one of the spokes. :)

26965912918186383748312.jpg

Actually from these photos it looks like it gives PLENTY of forward illumination...

But check the video on kickstarter. The footprint of the light on the pavement is only far enough forward to illuminate a pothole before it ruptures your testicle. Probably fine in cities with good street lighting though.

The rear might not work with fenders, MEGA BUMMER.

But check the video on kickstarter. The footprint of the light on the pavement is only far enough forward to illuminate a pothole before it ruptures your testicle. Probably fine in cities with good street lighting though.

The rear might not work with fenders, MEGA BUMMER.

there's really no way to tell based on either that photo or the video, the exposure is different/jacked on both of them. The video is maybe a slightly better representation in that regard...

also: $220 doesn't seem crazy if it really replaces both front and back lights and does it well. Especially when you look at some other light prices... [cough]cygolite[/cough]

For the record, irrespective of the photos, LEDs are capable of creating light that is plenty strong for this purpose. The issue is really more of powering them than anything else...

I really hope they end up with something that's powered by the movement of the wheels rather than a battery!

well it is a vintage raleigh frame i've blasted and painted. I didn't take off braze ons because I don't want to rule out the possibility of using those one day. I know I need a longer chain because I went up in teeth.

As the bars go, I can't seem to find anything else that doesn't kill my back when I'm loaded down with school books.