Bicyclettes

canice

The 4 seasons are snugger and definitely look like a trouser. Button and slash pockets, slim fit, very smooth fabric and hook closure w/ lightweight coil zipper.

Dungaree has denim fit and ease of wear in a thinner, more bike-and-wash friendly fabric. Dungaree's have a bit of a weave and are not water repellant.

They are really quite different, and I would never wear a slack-type pant for really any reason, so take that into account.

I want to pick up a single speed for campus this year.

Id like to enjoy various variations and color options and such, but am researched enough to know not to go and get a godawful bike from UO or any similar online sites offering such expensive hipster pleasure in the form of colorful bikes made of cheap materials.

Is there anywhere actually good, for lack of a better word, that I could go for this?

I want to pick up a single speed for campus this year.

Id like to enjoy various variations and color options and such, but am researched enough to know not to go and get a godawful bike from UO or any similar online sites offering such expensive hipster pleasure in the form of colorful bikes made of cheap materials.

Is there anywhere actually good, for lack of a better word, that I could go for this?

bikesdirect.com check out the mercier kilo tt (awesome bike..real track geo) or the windsor hour..which has a slightly more relaxed geometry.

kilo tt

In my experience bikesdirect is not bad but the bikes can come poorly adjusted from the factory - either bring it to a lbs or wrench it into perfection yourself.

Thanks,

I've heard good and bad when it comes to bikesdirect.com, anyone wanna clarify?

Also, what about roadbikeoutlet.com?

I've bought around 5 bikes from bikesdirect and I've never had a problem except on the motobecane jury they didn't design it to fit a rear brake..but no big deal since I didn't use it anyways. They've got great products for the price point and decent tubing..no high tensile shit.

built up a new bike this morning. was originally gonna salvage a lot of the components from my old bike but ended up getting new everything pretty much. rides buttery smooth with the sugino 75 bb and new sram chain. stripped the paint and was trying to let it rust before the clear coat but after two weeks nothing really happened and i couldn't be bothered waiting any longer. don't know who made the frame but it's made of reynolds 531 steel with campag dropouts and fork tips. it's got 1422, 11 or tt stamped on the bb shell and 33 on the steerer. if anyone has any idea what it could be i'd be interested to know!

318377_10150842121570453_770215452_20963109_1572613535_n.jpg

305767_10150842121035453_770215452_20963102_1342957971_n.jpg

313450_10150842121130453_770215452_20963103_1716684815_n.jpg

299015_10150842121485453_770215452_20963108_653845591_n.jpg

built up a new bike this morning. was originally gonna salvage a lot of the components from my old bike but ended up getting new everything pretty much. rides buttery smooth with the sugino 75 bb and new sram chain. stripped the paint and was trying to let it rust before the clear coat but after two weeks nothing really happened and i couldn't be bothered waiting any longer. don't know who made the frame but it's made of reynolds 531 steel with campag dropouts and fork tips. it's got 1422, 11 or tt stamped on the bb shell and 33 on the steerer. if anyone has any idea what it could be i'd be interested to know!

305767_10150842121035453_770215452_20963102_1342957971_n.jpg

looking damn good

Planning to build up a new bike, been shopping for frames and found a '97 Mapei Colnago Master Light (not X Light) in super good condition for sale. I know the ebay prices on the Mapei Colnago gear is inflated, so can anyone give me a decent asking price before I give the guy my offer?

There's a few paint chips typical of Colnago's, no rust, well-maintained, never crashed/dropped/etc. Comes with Chorus seat post, headset, and bottom bracket, as well as a 3ttt stem/bar combo. Chrome Precisa straight fork. Not familiar with Nago history, but the seller said this was the last year they used internal rear brake routing and quill stems. Lots of mileage, but it's steel, though I'd like to hear opinions.

Planning to build up a new bike, been shopping for frames and found a '97 Mapei Colnago Master Light (not X Light) in super good condition for sale. I know the ebay prices on the Mapei Colnago gear is inflated, so can anyone give me a decent asking price before I give the guy my offer?

With Colnago reissuing frames and making the trad style again, as well as other Italian companies making "modern vintage" frames, prices have certainly fallen again.

I just sold a Conic Spirale for $625 I think? I only like a handful of Colnago's, I'm not down w/ Italian bikes in general. In craigslist in general, 10-25% less than asking is obviously not uncommon, just be serious if you're making offers--don't waste anyone's time with fluff.

Mapei Colnago is collectable, most are less so; they are just great bikes to ride. There is sizable difference when it comes to pricing. 7Eleven stuff is crazy, and they didn't even ride gear that was all that great.