Bicyclettes

canice

Own the same seat. Need a new one asap, those things hurt like hell.

Totally agree. Anyone have a recommendation on a comfortable saddle that's not too expensive?

If anyone is interested, I have a Selle Italia Signo Gel Saddle that didn't work for me, but might work for other people... or their asses as it were.

Anyway, it's in pretty good used shape with a few scuffs, leather, vanox rails, etc.

o6ma8o.jpg

IMG_5829.JPG

1988 Cannondale SR500

Fulcrum wheels (had to replace the original 105s, and a lot else, after a gnarly forward-flip crash)

1x7 gearing

Brooks Swift

Specialized carbon seatpost

Winwood carbon fork

Soma Urban Pursuit bars, 36cm for squeezing between cars, chopped down and drilled for internal brake cable routing

After taking this photo I finally caved to the chain-throwing prowess of Los Angeles potholes and put my front derailleur back on as a chain-keeper.

Planning on refreshing the cockpit with fresh (clean white) brake hoods, white tape and hopefully a nicer stem. Black tires, too - I'm kinda tired of the matchy-match.

In unrelated news, for the bikenerds out there, I've got a rad Rapha x Apolis cycling jersey inspired cashmere & wool sweater up in the market. I'm also planning on putting a Paul Components Chain Keeper (size 31.8; wound up not working on my setup, sadly!) up on ebay, but holler if you want to save me the effort.

Edited by dkatz

• 2 weeks later...

what kind of bicycles they use in this video

it's so beautiful but i don't know anything about

bicycles so anyone could help me

thank you

look like a mix between 27" roadbikes, townies, and dutch city bikes.

crazy to see cheap in here.

top tube length i think is more important than standover. unless obviously stand over is too crazy. i think a good rule of thumb is while riding, the straight part of your bars should go over the front hub.

its comfortable to ride... im bent over but i dont mind it, and the seat post is in past the minimum insertion mark... feels like i have to ride it fast anyways, like it was built for it. just put some new black cinelli cork bar tape on and switched the saddle out for an old black leather selle turbo.

Edited by cheapmuthafukr

Some asshole stole my bike this week.

I tracked him down on CL and retrieved it with some help from a friend and a little bit of yelling. Sadly though he and his girlfriend defaced my whip by painting nailpolish, yes... NAILPOLISH on my bike to make it look different. He also fucked my bottom bracket up somehow and now my cranks wobble like a drunk chick in heels. Anyway, since i now have to put some money into my bike to replace the bits he and his gf ripped off im considering going one level further by converting my bike to a single speed, but I seriously lack the knowledge to do this. I've been looking around the web and I have the basic (basic) idea down but any help from you more knowledgeable people would be greatly appreciated!

If made to measure, then why do you have to put your saddle so far back on its rails? And why use such a steeply raked stem if you then need to raise it up so high in order to get your bars higher? Could have just used a flat stem and had it flush with the headset.

• 3 weeks later...

new edition to my stable. 1986 Pinarello Treviso with full, original Dura Ace 7 speed components & original Mavic MA40 wheel set with Dura Ace hubs. rides like a fucking dream. adding a honey Brooks Swift saddle and honey Brooks bar tape this week.

IMG_9500.jpg