samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

Pretty much the true color right now..sunlight, though..

Anyway - the long creases on the lower thigh area are'nt as defined as the once in the lap area..

I'll try to take better and flat pics in a couple of days - it's washy wash time soon...

I have been reading this thread for a while now and I can't remember if I said anything before, but I would just like to say that all of your jeans are freaking amazing. I like them each in a different way. They all look beautiful and I would vote for all of them if I could, but for me Cheep and Beatle are on top by very little.

Keep up the good work everybody and keep the pictures coming :)

This has to be the best representation of the superfuture groupthink, hand-abraded jeans get the most compliments out of all.

Having a public vote to decide who wins is obviously an extremely bad idea since no one cares about how the jeans actually look, this is a popularity contest and nothing else.

Who else thinks we should let Samurai or Gordon or someone equally qualified decide which pair is the best?

If it's going to be decided by a public vote then I want to know now, so I can start wearing my other jeans now.

And if you want to know who I'm talking about, write in this thread who you think it is and I'll let you know who it is after you've thought about it for yourself. It's much more honest than me saying it before you get to think about it yourself, because then it would just be another type of groupthink.

Since I just checked the evolution thread - I now know that Horroblijolly is talking about me...

So - I've given it some thought , he obviously wants me out - so that voting can be fair , at least in his eyes , so be it.

I don't want to be in this if people can just start making acusations - and since you seem to be the expert , horribly , I'm out.

It was fun - and I'm glad it happened...

Good luck , and trust me , neither have I done any of the lab work - nor was I in this win..

There are a lot of people in this that have way more experience - and I simply participated because it sounded like fun.

Which - it is'nt anymore...

Well Emaze has the best worn-in pair right now. I have never been a big fan of how Beatle's look while laying flat, just because of the odd looking crease lines. You have to admit that the texture of the denim on her Samurais look great in her lap shots. I think that she does a great job with the lighting of her pics.

Since I just checked the evolution thread - I now know that Horroblijolly is talking about me...

So - I've given it some thought , he obviously wants me out - so that voting can be fair , at least in his eyes , so be it.

I don't want to be in this if people can just start making acusations - and since you seem to be the expert , horribly , I'm out.

It was fun - and I'm glad it happened...

Good luck , and trust me , neither have I done any of the lab work - nor was I in this win..

There are a lot of people in this that have way more experience - and I simply participated because it sounded like fun.

Which - it is'nt anymore...

so, did you rehearse this? way to act hurt and make me look bad. that's as dishonest as distressing your jeans by hand when you're in a contest such as this.

it's obvious that you've "enhanced" your jeans and I have had many people say they think so too, independently of eachother and me.

seriously, the left front pocket, what's that supposed to look like?

the pattern of the whiskers doesnt look natural for one second and the contrast is too great, especially considering how loose the jeans are you.

also, the only wear you have on the left backpocket from the calendar and snuff box is the outlines.

honeycombs look weird as well.

it obviously takes the guy with the least rep to posts ratio to say this and now I'm the bad guy. boo hoo.

that is the rationale of superfuture, one hundred percent backwards.

people should be pissed at you and not me.

Ur not he bad guy - if this is what you think - no sense arguing..I am sorry that my pockets look like this - and it's so simple - once you throw this around - there's not much sense doing this anymore...

I never said I wanted you to quit, I said I'd quit if it was going to be a public vote because that ruins the whole contest part, but this is too obvious to not be said. It would be great to see what others have to say about this issue.

It does'nt matter what you intended - this is you opinion.

I am not saying that Poly sanded his combs - or that Emaze rubbed a shuvel against his leg while working on a farm - since those are acusations...

All I can state - and have stated so far - ar my opinions on the looks so far.

I don't want to defend myself everytime I post - as said before - this does'nt sound like fun anymore...

So - I hope you start wearing your Sam's more often , that maybe you can win...

I don't know about that. I have no recollection of any posts that emaze has made outside of this thread, but I think that he may very well win the thing. Dick, you have some great wear going, as well. I think that the fan-boating you see going on throughout the forum has more to do with the people who post their Contest Sams very often, in multiple threads. WYWT comes to mind. The most 'popular' pairs seem to be the ones with a lot of wear and frequent pictures scattered all over the place. I think that in the end, the right person will win. I agree that giving each person one equal vote is a bit foolish. I have seen lavish praise for some horrible jeans in the evo thread. A Gordon, Kiya, Samurai rep, etc would be my ideal situation.

what's the basis for winning?

most contrast?

most appealing fade?

most worn out?

i've always wondered who would be judging or how it would be judged since the beginning.

there can't be a criteria, other than "which jeans look the best?".

everyone has their own opinion of what looks good but if we get Samurai to decide we eliminate a lot of factors.

and beatle, I don't think you should quit, this was originally an argument against a public vote. if I'm really wrong you should stay in and try to win. No one person's opinion should make you quit.

I still think I'm right though.

looking great Dick, that redmoon wallet sure has done a job on your pocket. Although the pocket bags are wrecked, they look clean. All my selvedge jeans end up with pretty dirty grey bags... particularly round the top. How often do you wash them?

I am not saying that Poly sanded his combs - or that Emaze rubbed a shuvel against his leg while working on a farm - since those are acusations...

if you think i sanded my combs, i would think they would look 100 times better. a few pages back you'll see them out of the wash, they still look like shit, like every jean i have. honeycombs for me are like impossible