samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

Guest jeffvyain

saw that belt online. i wondered how it would actually look. i'm diggin it. does the buckle kinda sit crooked or does it lay flat? it looked like it might sit a little funny on the site too, but i can't tell if it's just cuz you didn't feed the end of the belt back through the loop.

Guest jeffvyain

you sized down 1 for the vx didn't you? i'd go with a 30. you can probably fit into a 29 with some work, but you'd be really hurtin to soak them, let alone an eventual wash.

i think the rule of thumb for samurai is size down 1. I'm a 30 and went down to 29 for the Samurai black, i could have gone down 2, i went down 1 to a 29 in the contest jeans and they fit perfect, so unless the VX is exactly like the blacks (which i think they are based) then size down at least 1, maybe 2.

My oppinion - SO500XX are tighter - also with the higher rise...at least 1 inch tighter (compared raw as well as soaked ) So a 29 should be perfect...assuming the 29 S5000VX fits you allright - but could be 1 inch smaller...

Sizing is always hard - but in my experience the Sammies shrink again when you wash them - so ur Blacks might not be at their real size yet...

thanks for the advice everyone. well the reason id want to get a 500 is for a somewhat slimmer fit. cos i think the fit on these vx's is pretty boxy. i dunno its still looser in the thigh than my 29 RRDS. Do you think after a wash it'll shrink down to slimmer than an RRDS? or just slimmer in the leg at all?

Maybe you order them from BIG and try them....You're talking to 30 ppl who bought them and had no chance to really know how the would end up fitting....if ur looking for a somewhat similar cut to RRDG - u might be looking into the wrong jeans...If ur looking for a really special pair of denim - and a slimmer fit than ur S5000VX - get the SO500XX in a 29 ,....

My sammies are growing on me. I'm starting to really love the hardware.

@Khaltire... I decided to go for the 27s. Thats a size down from what I normally wear in nudies and stuff like that. I have no idea what my waist size is since I've probably never worn a pair of jeans at my natural waist.

the watchpocket on all samurai's are so fucking high, its hard to put a zippo in them...

i know of a guy who keeps a zippo just for the watch pocket fade plus another one he carries around in a leather pouch for lighting the cigs. the one in the watch pocket never comes out unless he's washing the denim.

damn. just read 19 pages to catch up. good luck guys. emaze, i love the saucony, cant wait for them to hit the uk next year. wish i was involved in something like this. coolio hoolio. peace.

thanxs cookie.... I bought those kicks for $15.00 by my crib. -amazing!

Hey everyone. I guess this would be one of the best threads to ask these questions since you guys know alot about samurai jeans.

I was interested in getting the S510XX19ozll samurai jeans after I saw the pair on the BIG homepage. I was just wondering how much does the inseam shrink after multiple washes? I wear a 30L 34w regularly. What length would be good to have them hemmed to? Also, I am currently breaking in a pair of nudie regular ralf dry selvage jeans, and I like the fit on those. What pair of Samurai's would have a fit that is similar to the nudie rr ds?

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

no pics, but man, they are not doing good. from the weekend they are covered in paint, sand, saltwater, bodily fluids, horseshoe crab, sweat, dirt, and tree.

some nice blues coming thru.

kinda felt sick after readin that.......