samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

Vintage style denim can snag and be ripped apart if washed inside-out. I would wash them normally, but then line dry. I would think that this would be especially problematic for the texas cotton Sams from what I have observed.

"2. Is it true that it's better to turn your jeans inside-out when you wash them?

If you read fashion magazines and stuff, they'll say things like, "Dry your jeans inside-out. If not your denim will get sunburned and will lose its color." But when it comes to vintage denim, it's a different story. Quite often, vintage jeans will have threads that have weakened over time. If you turn the jeans inside-out, the thread can get caught in the washing machine, causing it to tear apart. If possible, put your jeans, without turning it inside-out, inside a net before throwing it into a washing machine, then wash softly. Because it's a precious article, one might think of washing it slowly with hand... but that's going a bit too overboard. When you're drying it, don't worry about things like sunburns. For example, if you're wearing your jeans during summer, you're exposing it in the sun the whole time, yet it's never a problem. However, if you have just purchased a new denim, you would want to wash your jeans two to three times inside-out to get rid of starch."

Well I guess I failed at the last part.

Oh by the way, the reason why I'm afraid of shrinkage is because I DEFINITELY didn't get all the shrinkage out of the way.

IMG_1350.JPG

... that was my "hot soak" ...

Trust me... shrinkage = im screwed, especially with beatle scaring me with her 2" shrink story.

So yeah. I finally washed today.

All is good. Shrank, but my jeans aren't deadweights. Phew.

Pics up tomorrow night / Tuesday

Thanks to all that helped me through this thread and PMs.

Nah, it was some place called King's. and I just realized it was yesterday... I really gotta stop drinking cause my days are running together.

I'm wondering if somebody drove in cause MayFair was in full swing.

Like I said.. I washed my sammies for the first time this weekend. It's 11PM right now so I'll just post some previews up. I'll take some more pics in the daylight tomorrow.

All pictures are taken with flash.

IMG_1770.JPG

IMG_1771.JPG

IMG_1772.JPG