Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

love the denim pics...can't wait to get my hands on a pair.  Price set yet?

$575.

On the bright side had this same jean been released by 45RPM or Kapital you'd be paying 800+ for it.

Edited by kiya

Kiya, Are we still on for the release of the Dry Bones collab this week?

No, Dry Bones collab is being released July 27th.  Sorry for the delay, its out of our control.

The jeans have already shown up at SENY and SELA if anybody wants to drop by to take a look.

So i stopped by SESF today to take a look at the new Self Edge x Florian tees. Amazing. the details on those shirts are sick as all hell. A great design on both products and two tees that i am sure will go down as collectables. Crazy gorgeous Kiya, awesome product.

The Self Edge x Florian Bertmer T-Shirt & Sticker Collection

We're proud to announce one of the most exciting things we've gotten to work on since we started seven years ago.  German artist Florian Bertmer has done a set of t-shirts and stickers exclusively for Self Edge and the images will melt your mind.  These are drawings done by hand which have been turned into t-shirts on Flat Head THC bodies and each tee comes with a corresponding full-color die-cut vinyl sticker.

Hot Roddin' Union Special

The idea behind the first design is that the 43200g Union Special chainstitching machine is turned into a hot rod with a hemming monster behind the wheels.  Sounds simple, right?  Not until you see the detail within the image with every aspect of the Union Special captured within the hot-rod's body.

Teufelshund

Mr. Bertmer is very much into vintage military culture and garments.  The Germans in WWI feared the US Marines so much they named them Teufelshund (which translates to "Devil Dogs") allegedly because of their bulldog tenacity and fighting spirit.  Ever since then this nickname stuck with the Marines and they have adopted it as their motto.

Since Mr. Bertmer wanted to base his design on something WWII related his idea was to design an emblem in the tradition of old WWII bomber units and combine it with the Self Edge mascot, Diesel the French Bulldog, and voila' - the Teufelshund!

Diesel is wearing a WWII USMC helmet with dog tags and sporting an eagle and a devil wing.

We cannot express how impressed we are with the quality of these two pieces.  There are talks within our stores about getting one of the images tattooed onto us, getting large format prints made of them, or just staring into the images for hours at a time.

Both of these t-shirts are available now in our online store and at all three Self Edge stores, they're limited to 90 of each t-shirts/sticker set and will not be remade.

FH_TEE_B_01.jpg

FH_TEE_B_02.JPG

FH_TEE_B_03.JPG

FH_TEE_B_04.JPG

FH_TEE_B_05.JPG

FH_TEE_B_06.JPG

FH_TEE_B_07.JPG

FH_TEE_A_01.jpg

FH_TEE_A_04.JPG

FH_TEE_A_05.JPG

Kiya, how close is the 634s cut to the roy unsanforized ducks? I love the cut of the ducks and I really want to try the flagship iron heart cut... You think the same size in both would be good?

Its definitely different, but if you liked the Roy Duck you'll like the 634s, get the same size as your Roy duck pant.

Want a $200 gift card from Self Edge in trade for your worn Strike Gold jeans?
Check here:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/39315-the-strike-gold/?p=2963893

Tmadd's new house in Portland looks a bit barren, i'm planning to change that with the number of boxes that are about to show up starting tomorrow.

Sufu exclusive shot of the elusive tmadd wearing the new Dry Bones collab. This could be you:

null_zpsb75e4438.jpg?t=1373589207

Tmadd's new house in Portland looks a bit barren, i'm planning to change that with the number of boxes that are about to show up starting tomorrow.

I dunno...Dry BonesXSE collab and McIntosh...very full in a certain way.

I dunno...Dry BonesXSE collab and McIntosh...very full in a certain way.

I think that's a manner of prioritization than only .0001% of the population would understand.  What the picture doesn't fully detail is that I'm laying on the floor because there is absolutely no furniture in that room.  I'm happy with it though!

You're right, you don't need much more than hi-fi sound, good jeans, and a house in a good location.  You're set.

Edited by kiya

New Flat Head Shirts, Tees, and Jean & Accessory Restocks

From our favorite Japanese rockabilly rousers we've got a fresh delivery of shirts, tees, wallets, rings, jeans, horsehide jackets, and more.

By now we're sure you've seen the awesome t-shirt/sticker packs that we released with Florian Bertmer.

We've got a lot more from Flat Head to add to the mix.

First up we've received an indigo dyed shirt which has been discharge dyed with a paisley design, this shirt will fade and age over time just like a pair of jeans.  We're sure this one is going to go quickly.

Next up is the Flat Head "Glory Park" Kasuri 5-D Acid Trip Short Sleeve.  What is happening with the weave pattern of this shirt?  We haven't seen a reproduction of the late 50's jacquard or dobby style shirt this crazy, ever. 

Flat Head has become known for their Native Check fabrics over the past year or two, woven super slowly, lots of detail, and soft to the touch.  They've now done this fabric in a short sleeve shirt and in a color we've never seen before.

We've also received a new "Glory Park" loopwheeled t-shirt with a nice "Speed Shop" design in discharged print.  Go faster by wearing this tee.

Along with all these new items we've received a full restock of all Flat Head wallets, rings, bracelets, jeans, blank gray t-shirts, horsehide jackets, Wild Child wallet chains, and more.  Everything is available now in-store and online.

FH_NAVYshirt_01.JPG

FH_NAVYshirt_04.JPG

FH_NAVYshirt_06.JPG

FH_REDtshirt_01.JPG

FH_REDtshirt_04.JPG

FH_REDtshirt_06.JPG

FH_GREYshirt_01.JPG

FH_GREYshirt_04.JPG

FH_TEE_C_01.JPG

FH_TEE_C_04.JPG

his hi-fi needs are present! lovely mcintosh amplifier. 

that new discharged paisley flathhead shirt is unreal. i hope it last until the end of july when i get to sf

Not trying to hype it or anything but Flat Head shirts are selling at 2008 speeds again, nearly everything is going very quickly.  I would get it online as opposed to waiting if you really want it.

Jumped on that Native Check.

Two years ago I remember looking at the Self Edge site and thinking that paying this much for a shirt was something that I probably wouldn't ever do. Then I ended up getting a FH and an IH shirt at some point, and there's just no going back. Get on it!

The paisley shirt is the first time I've ever seen a Flat Head work-style shirt that I liked more than the western shirt version.  The only way it could be better is if it had plain pockets. 

Well then, time for a rug and some wall treatments. And I believe the number you mention is also the THD of that system, give or take.

Where's the picture (to keep this relevant) of the Dry Bones collab with your speakers?

rock the fuck on.

Well then, time for a rug and some wall treatments. And I believe the number you mention is also the THD of that system, give or take.

Where's the picture (to keep this relevant) of the Dry Bones collab with your speakers?

rock the fuck on.

Sufu exclusive shot of the elusive tmadd wearing the new Dry Bones collab. This could be you:

null_zpsb75e4438.jpg?t=1373589207I I believe the speakers are out of shot..

Edited by deadendpro