Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

my CC is warmed up and waiting patiently.

ill call the shop after noon and bug you guys.

is it possible to just have you guys hold them? i am up on the 27th.

simon

They're available for phone order from our NY store right now, and will be available in-store and online tomorrow at all locations.

I finished it about three weeks ago, interior is near perfect now, drives well, installed a front disc brake conversion kit, new lenses all around, and a Self Edge sticker. Just got a new sound system ordered that's going in next week.

nice, am i anticipating a photo shoot/appearance sometime in the near future? Or shall you be taking it on road trips to vegas?

Wish I was wearing these this morning. Kinda bummed on the color of the pocket stitching. Was hoping for something a bit more.... low key I guess.

It honestly looks like there is no stitching in person, it's only brighter looking in person. Also, you can take em out in a minute, IH acruates don't leave a mark when removed.

Just added a few things to the online store from Iron Heart (jeans and flannels), Strike Gold (jeans), Buzz RIckson (gloves), and 3sixteen (Harrington Jacket):

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/

The 1103 cut was a surprise - perhaps the fullest cut at SE. I was expecting the heavyweights to be the 1105. Any chance you'll be getting the heavyweight 1105's as well?

Nope, embrace the full cut!

We can embrace the full cut but calling them slim is a stretch.....

That was a typo in the spec list, the title and body of the product page was correct calling it a "straight leg".

kiya, this is a major long shot but do you by any chance still have those pairs of Sugarcane 1955's that you were selling about two years ago? Was randomly reading through the Sugarcane thread and saw your posts...I'd be interested in a 30 or 31 if so! ;)

Sorry but those are long gone.

Kiya, are more the SE Feather Rings going to be made?

Not sure, we have them at all three stores currently.

Iron Heart Melton Wool Overshirts are back in stock.

SESF and the online store have them now in Navy:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=512

SENY and SELA have them in a new black version.

Kiya, didn't you say that Banksy's stopped by Self Edge to pickup a pair of RJB's and you closed the whole store for him to shop? Just got done watching Exit Through The Gift Shop and it popped up in my head, ha.

Yup, the only time we've done that in over four years.

New Jeans & Shirts from Iron Heart & Strike Gold!

We have three very special jeans for you this week...

From Iron Heart we've got theX634sX Flannel Lined Jeans and the DC4001 model and from Strike Gold the SG1103EX heavyweight jean. Also in is Iron Heart's 2010 version of their Heavyweight Winter Flannel and a restock of the Melton Wool Overshirt.

The X634sX jean is a flannel lined water resistant jean. We've taken Iron Heart's flagship product, the 634s straight leg selvedge jean, and given it the cold weather treatment.

We took their 21oz indigo selvedge denim and lined the entire jean with a heavy weight triple brushed black/gray flannel, but we didn't stop there. The jean is then completely coated in paraffin for repelling water. The jean has to be rinsed twice at the factory after the coating process so the entire thing is extremely comfortable and there is no break-in period whatsoever.

The warmest and driest pair of jeans you'll ever own.

We initially made these with cyclists and motorcyclists in mind, but once news of these leaked we had an overwhelming response from customers wanting to use them during snow sports. Whether you're just outside in colder weather or actually tearing through roads on your motorcycle during the winter months, these will be the most versatile pair of jeans you'll ever own.

The new DC4001 jean is a straight leg jean (a slightly slimmed down top block 634s) that is a collaboration Iron Heart has done with one of our very close friends that owns a great store in Berlin by the name of DC4. Both IH and DC4 have done a great job on this jean and we're honored to be carrying it at all Self Edge stores.

Strike Gold comes through with a new 24oz unsanforized jean with a straight leg fit with a great cut for all body types with a medium rise and a classic fit. This jean is made of a heavy weight denim with a gold spark selvedge id that comes completely loomstate so it's sure to age really well with a high-contrast fade. The jean has a burly feel to it at first due to the rigid denim that comes in it's loomstate form, after a warm water soak the denim opens up a bit and begins to soften with wear.

All three of these jeans and the Iron Heart shirts are available now and are made in limited numbers not to be restocked. Check our online store for specification lists, hi-res photos, and measurements.

Iron Heart:

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71

Strike Gold!

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=86

Iron Heart X634sX Flannel Lined Water Resistant Jeans

X634SX_01.jpg

X634SX_06.jpg

X634SX_04.jpg

X634SX_05.jpg

X634SX_08.jpg

Iron Heart DC4001 Jean

IHDC4_01.jpg