Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

Big fan of a short sleeve sweat myself. Decent repro's seem to be a bit thin on the ground.

I've not got one myself, but i've seen Two Moon short sleeved sweats while browsing on Rakuten

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/takeoff-c/item/i00004493/

For comparison here is a picture of my SG hoodie at about a year, several washes always hang-dried. Probably could have sized up to layer may do that for my next one.

9SuNtWcl.jpg

How did you size your SG hoodie? Edited by BlackPig

I went true to size. So I went with a small, I like my sweats on the short side and the M would have been a little to long for my liking. The fit is a little snug around my chest but after I washed it for the first time I stretched it a bit and it has been comfortable since. 

picked up two Freewheelers sweatshirts from yahoo auction; both were used; I didn't take into account that most Japanese just throw everything in the laundry machine and alas these shrunk from the 'new' measurements. I'll put up some pictures today to show the fits on both.

btw did anyeone else notice this kind of fabrication on any other brand of sweatshirts manufacturers; I first thought the previous owner adjusted the collar but its made this way.

11148355256_c7dda635a7.jpg
DSC_0087 by SLAB13, on Flickr

That Power Wear sweatshirt is great, Slab! A few weeks ago I picked up exactly the same, in same color too, but in size 38. Unfortunately it's too tight for me at the shoulders, so it's in the market since then, but nobody have been interested yet...

It's new/unwashed and also has that fabrication. 

^^ nice sweater from what I can tell. The workmanship solution for the neck opening rib is not the cleanest, but not unusual. I have seen this in a couple of pictures on old sweats.

A similar workmanship has the sewing operator close the shoulder or raglan sleeve seem as the last operation (the rib collar has been attached before hand - attached to the "open" neck opening) - this has the shoulder/raglan sleeve seam go through/over the neck opening rib as well.

It is a bit more efficient/economic in regards to workflow and cycle time, but it may require a separate finishing operation (back tacking or bar tacking), depending on the seam type/machine used for closing the shoulder/raglan sleeve seam. It doesn't look as clean as other options and can result in less evenly rounded neck openings.

On a separate note: just received the current season's JoeMcCoy's loopwheeled sweat (MC13111) - pictures on the weekend.

Got mine off of Vari on Rakuten. Just search tops and search trains. 

Sorry forgot the exact link it's their only Cushman sweat thought so it should be first hit. They have several other colors too and I feel that for the price, if you can some how dodge a huge import fee, the sweat is so much bang for the buck. Completely under rated. I may even decide to keep this guy if no one buys it and gift it. But you are right not many people are a Small especially in Japanese sizes. 

Edit: Found it sent you a link

Edited by Rightyow77

Have a new cushman up on the market in vintage green, size small if anyone is interested fits a lot like this whites. The Fabric is soooo much nicer wish the color could work for me but alas I just look like a ninja turtle.

Been looking for a good sweat but was thinking of getting a deluxeware. Just implulse bought this cushman in black. Oops. 

For those of you wondering about "evo" on indigo dyed sweatshirts, here are some pics of my left field version after about 11 months and a ton of washes. You can definitely see some fading patterns in the lower arm area and on the elbows; I predict the elbows will be almost white at some point.

11367688115_7027d5d08c_c.jpg

11367760384_c8b8c39df4_c.jpg

For those of you wondering about "evo" on indigo dyed sweatshirts, here are some pics of my left field version after about 11 months and a ton of washes. You can definitely see some fading patterns in the lower arm area and on the elbows; I predict the elbows will be almost white at some point.

11367688115_7027d5d08c_c.jpg

11367760384_c8b8c39df4_c.jpg

Looking good!  Just guessing from the picture, this is yarn-dyed indigo right?