Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

I waited but you never showed :blush:

Seems to have done the trick. Not quite the reduction I hoped for but certainly a keeper. The Hinoya on the other hand, has reduced down perfectly. Not bad for a 'budget' sweatshirt.

Fit pics will follow in due course.

Here's a fit pic of the SDA sweat. Like I say, a little bigger than i'd ideally like but still perfectly wearable.

While I was at it, for a bit of whimsy & comparison i've taken a few pics of other sweats.

I've noticed how bad my posture is. If any of you are osteopaths/Chiropractics and want to give me free sessions, you're very welcome.

Maynard- I can imagine you're particularly good when it comes to the laying on of hands ;)

Anyway- SDA. Size L

j0v0xx.jpg

Hinoya. Size L. Bought new

30wla0y.jpg

Two Moon. Size L. Bought new

ilygrc.jpg

Real McCoy Ballpark. Size L. Bought 2nd hand. Either these come up tiny or someone must have boiled the fuck out of this to get it this small. Still very happy with the fit tho'

puj2b.jpg

Unknown brand- size M. All I know about this is that it's made in S Korea. It's not loopwheeled but the fit & fabricis great. If anyone can hazard a guess on the brand i'd certainly be interested in getting another

2wpow1y.jpg

Pherrows. Size L. Bought 2nd hand

152hr1y.jpg

Evisu Size M. Had this for years. Bought it 'new' off ebay but was never 100% sure if it was genuine or a fake. Great quality either way.

dx1lif.jpg

Duffer of St george. M. Again- had this for years and it's one of my all time faves. Getting a bit grubby these days :(

2rf7ewp.jpg

Topless pics available on request

This is the one I picked up from the same seller. Measurements were true to listing and I won't need to shrink it.

Mr Black, I'd be interested to know the pit to pit on yours after the boil wash.

5agyqy5y.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My sweats just came in the mail, accidentally ordered the wrong color on my Cushman, but the color that arrived is growing on me may put up on market if I can get back what I paid for the right color.

First impression, the Cushman sweat has the heavier more luxurious fabric, the Whites which I purchased in black has a more forgiving neck opening from the start, the cuffs are also shorter on the White's than that of the Cushman. 

I will try to snap some fit pics tonight when I am out.

Edited by Rightyow77

I like your taste in sweats. ;)

I went S with Whitesville and M with Cushman to allow for bit more body length, although for me the chest is quite roomy and also the arm length is longer.  Construction, Cushman wins, but Whites are good value.  I am Happy both sweats.

Agree with Cushman's neck opening being a bit tight, but I am sure it will open up with wear.

My sweats just came in the mail, accidentally ordered the wrong color on my Cushman, but the color that arrived is growing on me may put up on market if I can get back what I paid for the right color.

First impression, the Cushman sweat has the heavier more luxurious fabric, the Whites which I purchased in black has a more forgiving neck opening from the start, the cuffs are also shorter on the White's than that of the Cushman. 

I will try to snap some fit pics tonight when I am out.

How's it compare to your Strike Gold and The Real McCoy's in terms of fabric, construction and fit? Would you recommend going with the same size in Cushman as SG, or would you size up on the Cushman?

In terms off fabric Strike Gold has the best in my collection of sweats. It is the thickest, softest and warmest. The fit is a little shorter on the Cushman, the Whites is probably my favorite fit out of the 4 brands, reminds me of the old Buzz, short and boxy. The Real McCoy's have the most attention to detail and so the construction from what I can tell is the best, although I feel the SG fabric alone trumps this. The Whites was a very nice price $95 USD shipped from Japan. The Cushman is also a Sanforized preshrunken fabric so I would size accordingly. I have muscular arms so slim fitting sweats like the SG tend to hinder my movements, both the Cushman and Whites are a true vintage fit. I took the same size on al my sweats but I like my crew necks short and boxy, these sweats are def. on the short side.

Hope that helps still trying to track a decent camera 

In terms off fabric Strike Gold has the best in my collection of sweats. It is the thickest, softest and warmest. The fit is a little shorter on the Cushman, the Whites is probably my favorite fit out of the 4 brands, reminds me of the old Buzz, short and boxy. The Real McCoy's have the most attention to detail and so the construction from what I can tell is the best, although I feel the SG fabric alone trumps this. The Whites was a very nice price $95 USD shipped from Japan. The Cushman is also a Sanforized preshrunken fabric so I would size accordingly. I have muscular arms so slim fitting sweats like the SG tend to hinder my movements, both the Cushman and Whites are a true vintage fit. I took the same size on al my sweats but I like my crew necks short and boxy, these sweats are def. on the short side.

Hope that helps still trying to track a decent camera 

Thanks for the comparison! I never noticed RMC having more attention to detail than my SG, but I never studied the RMC sweats carefully. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm at BiG. 

In terms of details, set in sleeves, functional gusset  etc. my 09 RMC is probably as good as it gets. The fabric is not as heavy as my Strike Gold, but is a close second with the Cushman in third. My Buzz (new version, also traded it) is tied with the whites in terms of fabric. The fit on the Whites is prabobly my favorite out of all of them, I have been living in this thing since I put it on this weekend.

I'm thinking of selling a BNWT new style Buzz Rickson sweatshirt in red, size L. Never worn, £90 plus shipping. Let me know if you're interested and I can provide pictures.

Chest (p2p): 22"

Length (Bottom of sweat to back of collar): 25"

Shoulders (straight across): 17.75"

Sleeves (shoulder seam to end of cuff): 27"

Waist (top of waistband): 19.25"

Edited by Maynard Friedman