Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

I dunno midnight, you're smart as fucking hell but I wouldn't suggest sizing up if you're going for the 17.5cm fit...

A few pages back, hollywood posted a grey stretch fit pic and he sized down one... And the fit looks to be the equivalent of a sized down 2 pair of black MIJ raws. He also noted that the grey raw's are MII so the taper below the knee is not as great as a MIJ raw sized down 1... But then again, I don't know. I don't have mine yet, though I'm ordering some Monday. I

They have a lot of stretch in them so I think same size are your raws is fine. Jake is spot on here with my experience. I sized up one from my raw 19 size and they are pretty tight (tight enough around the thighs that you see the bottom of the pocket if I don't sag enough), and I have chicken legs. I'd say if you want them like the ones I posted go up one, if you want them like April 77 tight stay with your raw size. They definitely fit a lot tighter than they look in that pic I posted though.

They have a lot of stretch in them so I think same size are your raws is fine. Jake is spot on here with my experience. I sized up one from my raw 19 size and they are pretty tight (tight enough around the thighs that you see the bottom of the pocket if I don't sag enough), and I have chicken legs. I'd say if you want them like the ones I posted go up one, if you want them like April 77 tight stay with your raw size. They definitely fit a lot tighter than they look in that pic I posted though.

Wait, so you sized up or down?

actually Morocco, but I haven't seen these in a Dior Homme store yet.

I saw a pair of waxed cords from the new collection, in a black/brownish colour, they looked damn good.

That's right. They are made in Morocco. And grapist is right, they do smell a little funny (probably due to the type of dye they used), but the color of them is actually really nice, and I'm not quite sure why everyone is saying the denim is inferior. I've got two pairs of 19cm MIJ (black and indigo) and a pair of MII dauphins, as well as made in France selvage Kitsune jeans which are a lot like these. These are just as good as the rest of the jeans and in my experience the fade you will get from this type of selvage will be very different and in many respects better than that of the MIJ Dior denim. Everyone has a problem because the denim was made in a non-EU or Japanese country? That doens't mean at all the quality is inferior...

LVMH wants to make Dior Homme profitable....who knew??

the fact that they're made in Morocco doesn't change anything to the quality of these jeans. North African factories are as serious as European ones, only cheaper.

Hi people.

I'm looking at buying some Dior jeans, I want some black raw denim with a fit inbetween slim and basic cut which stack nice. I'm 6'5, 31 waist (true) but I will sag them down a few inches. What sort of model/size should I be looking at? Also price isnt really an issue as long as there not like £300.

Cheers.

EDIT: Didn't realize there was a Dior thread, I posted this in "THIS OR THAT" thread, so sorry for double posting.

the fact that they're made in Morocco doesn't change anything to the quality of these jeans. North African factories are as serious as European ones, only cheaper.

When the cheapest jeans cost over $300 there's no excuse to be cutting costs regardless of anything.

Hi people.

I'm looking at buying some Dior jeans, I want some black raw denim with a fit inbetween slim and basic cut which stack nice. I'm 6'5, 31 waist (true) but I will sag them down a few inches. What sort of model/size should I be looking at? Also price isnt really an issue as long as there not like £300.

Cheers.

EDIT: Didn't realize there was a Dior thread, I posted this in "THIS OR THAT" thread, so sorry for double posting.

Try the 19cm Black Raws. I'd say try a 29 or maybe a 30. They'll stretch.

hey hitokiri8, i didn't know that they were coming out with red selvedge raws in both indigo and black.....thought it was only gonna be indigo. how much did they cost you in HKD? do you know if they come in 21cm's and could you please post some pics? dying to see what they are like compared to the regular MIJ black raws. i would bet that, being red selvedge, they'd be a lot like the APC NS denim tho.....thx in advance!

p.s. and i totally agree with you.....not enough info. on this thread about any of the Dior selvedges (silver n red, both colors).......or anywhere in cyberspace for that matter.......

I posted a llot of info on the black silver selvedge with pics of them vs the regular raw blacks. The weave is a lot tighter and they stretch like an inch less. The denim also feels a bit lighter and thinner, but almost in a way crisper. Oh and i think te weft is black as well. Overall they have a kind of dark charcoaly color

Except the difference between these and the regular raw Made in Italy jeans is the addition of a button instead of a clasp, selvedge, (the smell), and a higher price tag.

hey hitokiri8, i didn't know that they were coming out with red selvedge raws in both indigo and black.....thought it was only gonna be indigo. how much did they cost you in HKD? do you know if they come in 21cm's and could you please post some pics? dying to see what they are like compared to the regular MIJ black raws. i would bet that, being red selvedge, they'd be a lot like the APC NS denim tho.....thx in advance!

p.s. and i totally agree with you.....not enough info. on this thread about any of the Dior selvedges (silver n red, both colors).......or anywhere in cyberspace for that matter.......

I almost had a hard time telling they were black, but the tag says "900 Noir" so they are indeed black. they were 2200 HKD and i didn't see them in 21cm although I didn't ask either. i'll post pics of the jeans when I return to the US, but won't be able to do a side to side next to my MIJs as they are currently in storage for the next two months (in the process of moving). I don't think they are quite as stiff as brand new APC denim. This denim doesn't feel lighter so they must not be similar to the silver selvage. Hope that helps!

Try the 19cm Black Raws. I'd say try a 29 or maybe a 30. They'll stretch.

Ok great, I think maybe the 30's as I don't want a real slim fit. or should I run true to my size and get a 31 and when they strech where I will sag its about a 33?

Also is there any places in Birmingham/Nottingham where sell them? I would really like to try them on before buying.

Thanks

Ok great, I think maybe the 30's as I don't want a real slim fit. or should I run true to my size and get a 31 and when they strech where I will sag its about a 33?

Also is there any places in Birmingham/Nottingham where sell them? I would really like to try them on before buying.

Thanks

No sir. Do not go above a 30. Diors fit 2 inches bigger than their tagged size, so a 31 is really a 33. Meaning they will stretch to 34.5 and look like shit.

So, go 30 (which will be 32 initially) or 29 (which will be 31).

No sir. Do not go above a 30. Diors fit 2 inches bigger than their tagged size, so a 31 is really a 33. Meaning they will stretch to 34.5 and look like shit.

So, go 30 (which will be 32 initially) or 29 (which will be 31).

Cheers mate, but the 19cm are defintly not tights? Especially becuase I'm tall it would look ridicious, I want an inbetween slim/regular cut. And where can I buy them from?

Much appreciated.

When the cheapest jeans cost over $300 there's no excuse to be cutting costs regardless of anything.

apart from the fashion nerds we are, do you think the average Dior Homme client cares about the cost cutting policy? Quality is the same (ie average, whether MII or MIJ btw), fit is the same, ass darts are the same. Sales will probably be the same, if not higher.

^^ be careful.... big green peen means power.

and seriously just wear them. i wash them when they stink.

Except the difference between these and the regular raw Made in Italy jeans is the addition of a button instead of a clasp, selvedge, (the smell), and a higher price tag.

That's right, i forgot to mention the button instead of the clasp (which is a little harder to deal with when first getting into them) and the smell is gone after about 4-5 hours of wear (thankfully). Otherwise the color is great and unique IMO. Grapist, is the price tag higher? How much are regular raws running now in the US and how much are these red selvages running? (This is my first new pair in probably a year and a half or so).

Dude, settle down. This is my first pair of raw denim, and I am just trying to figure out how big of a deal it is that they were washed after only a month. Honestly, what is it to you anyways?

me? I just shut up, wear my jeans, and wash them when they stink. Raw denim is just denim.

anybody?hhhhhhhhh

You know very well I'd answer if I knew. ;) They haven't come into the stores yet. Once they do, I'll let you know.

I try my best to answer these kinds of questions, unless its something that I've addressed in the first post of the thread. I'm looking at you, nearly everyone else in the thread :mad: