Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Guest nightrain

@ hollywood i think u got it wrong , i mean like if i wear 19cm in size 30, should i wear the 21 cm one in size 29 ? cuz i think the 21 cm fit bit baggier in the thigh,knee opening,etc

Guest Pimax
Why drop $400 on these jeans when you can buy a pair of high quality jeans for half the price

Personnally, that's for the only reason that i'm 194 cm (dunno my size in feet measures sorry), and DH jeans are the only ones which are long enough for my legs...

I skimmed this thread pretty fast but I am curious. Why drop $400 on these jeans when you can buy a pair of high quality jeans for half the price (Imperials, Nudies, APC, etc).

Are these Dior jeans that much more high quality?

the cut..

there are similar cuts but personally wearing anything else but 19cm feels weird for me

Is it necessarily 'taboo' for someone to hem their Diors? I have the 19cm in black and the inseam is sort of ridiculous considering I am only 5' 7". I was thinking of hemming them down to 34", in order to keep enough stacking but eliminate the awkward look of too much denim at the bottom.

I guess I am just wondering how many of you have hemmed yours.

@ hollywood i think u got it wrong , i mean like if i wear 19cm in size 30, should i wear the 21 cm one in size 29 ? cuz i think the 21 cm fit bit baggier in the thigh,knee opening,etc

Yeah that's what I meant. Sorry to be confusing. 21's are baggier everywhere.

I skimmed this thread pretty fast but I am curious. Why drop $400 on these jeans when you can buy a pair of high quality jeans for half the price (Imperials, Nudies, APC, etc).

Are these Dior jeans that much more high quality?

The quality is actually pretty bad (at least for the price) but it's all about the cut.

Is it necessarily 'taboo' for someone to hem their Diors? I have the 19cm in black and the inseam is sort of ridiculous considering I am only 5' 7". I was thinking of hemming them down to 34", in order to keep enough stacking but eliminate the awkward look of too much denim at the bottom.

I'm between 5'7'' and 5'8'' and I didn't hem at all. I think they look fine. Also as you wear them the stack creases wear in and make the stacks nicer and the honeycombs eat up some of the length. And then when you do wash them the first time the length might shrink more, which is why most people don't hem. But if you want to go for it.

If you want to hem them, than hem them. Your diors don't have spikes that will rip into your legs like the dawsons creek trapper keeper. I think they would look fine if you hemmed a few inches, but i would keep at least 3 or 4 inches of extra length for stacking. Unless you were going for that legging look.

Leaving a 36 or even a 35 inch inseam would be fine if you were 5'7" and didn't think you might try to sell them in the near future imo. Anything 34" or below I would consider ruined.

imo if you're 5'9" or taller don't hem. honeycombs will eat some of the inseam and the stacks will settle and look less silly

i'm 5'11" and i hemmed both my 21s and 19s. dont be overly excessive when it comes to stacking.

Ok so heres my new 21's. True waist is 29ish-30. Think I got the perfect size. A little tight with the clasp but not unbearable especially since this is the first day. A little tight on the thighs might put them on my hips but imma see how they stretch the next couple of nights on my waist. Comments? :rolleyes:

Photo16-1.jpg

honestly, i thought the 19cm looked better...

although, i have the 19cm, so i guess i could be biased. love the way they are breaking in...

Yeah the 19s were a little too skinny for my taste so I reverted back to good ol' 21's in a size smaller. I'm happy with these, now only if I could get my hands on a pair of Dauphins. Black raws may be up next. Thanks for the comment.