Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

They have the stretchy elastic-like material in them, so they don't keep the stretch like the regular raws do, they stretch when you need them to but then they go right back to the original size. Also since they're MII not MIJ the calves aren't as tapered as MIJ 19's. To me, they're almost completely straight (barely any taper), and I think the hem is about the same size as my 19's actually. They definitely don't have that really tight on the calves April 77 look.

Thanks mate!

Just a ''quick'' sizing question, I'm about to cop some MIJ raw 19cm Dior in indigo and I need to chose between 2 sizes, my ''real'' waist is 28, where I wear my jeans is 29.5. In my Samurai 710xx I can fit into a 29(pre-soak, so true 29), can't sag that much but those will stretch.

I heard the indigos stretch like 2 inches, so a 27 would measure 31 after a few wears, a 26 would be tight at first but will probably measure 30 after a few wear so what would you recommend?

I don't want an ultra skinny fit but pretty damn slim nonethless, I don't really care if I have to wear a belt with the 27, just wondering if the legs will also stretch etc.

Thanks

I'm pretty excited for the waxed raws with the burgundy tint, the ones with green tint could look pretty nice too. I got a chance to see the swatch, very subtle.

The SA at Dior BH sold me they'd be in in September. Think they will be in the $600 range though.

Just copped 19cm MIJ in black from Anthony at the Beverly Hills store. Ordered over the phone (actually, via fax) and made it out with 3 day shipping and California's ass-raping tax for under $370. Got 31 as the waist is 16.5", which is a little smaller than what my Imp Shearers stretched to.

Should be pretty sweet. Hopefully fit more flattering in the thighs than the Shearers do.

Guest heathunter881

I'm interested on buying a 19cm but can't decide how much I need to size down. I measured where I wanted the denim to sit, and I got 33. I was thinking of buying a size 32 but it might be too loose after it stretches. I'm positive the denim will shrink after soak or wash but I'm not sure how much either.

Btw, I use to own a pair of 21cm Dauphins in a size 31 and the waist was a little tight for me. I'm sure a raw denim will stretch more compared to the Dauphins though.

Any ideas?

^I would just give you the advice that I got on various jeans purchases: take the tightest jeans you have and wear where you want your 19cm's. Lay the jeans out on a flat surface and measure them, allowing the natural "v" or dip of the waist (don't try to stretch out the natural dip). Then compare the measurements to the Dior's measurements (in the FAQ).

A 32 will fit 17" across so if your tightest jeans fit 17", the 32's are definitely too big as they will stretch too much.

Also, don't trust me on this, but The Grapist has written that the raw Diors will stretch 1". I've heard of them stretching up to 3" though, so just estimate the size after you've done your measurements.

just a question guys. how are the washes and fades of dior 08 black washed denim compared to the previous seasons? i heard 07/08 is one of the worst. dont really have two pairs to make a comparison. so i was hoping some of you could help me. thanks :)

Guest heathunter881
^I would just give you the advice that I got on various jeans purchases: take the tightest jeans you have and wear where you want your 19cm's. Lay the jeans out on a flat surface and measure them, allowing the natural "v" or dip of the waist (don't try to stretch out the natural dip). Then compare the measurements to the Dior's measurements (in the FAQ).

A 32 will fit 17" across so if your tightest jeans fit 17", the 32's are definitely too big as they will stretch too much.

Also, don't trust me on this, but The Grapist has written that the raw Diors will stretch 1". I've heard of them stretching up to 3" though, so just estimate the size after you've done your measurements.

^Take the tightest jeans you have and wear where you want your 19cm's. Lay the jeans out on a flat surface and measure them, allowing the natural "v" or dip of the waist (don't try to stretch out the natural dip)

You lost me some where. Basically, I want my denim to fit a size 33 (16.5) after it stretches. I understand soaking it will cause the denim to shrink, but as long as it goes back to a 33 after a few wears I'm fine with it. I want the denim to sag slightly, so I'm placing it on my hip bone.

You're correct, a 32 will be too big since they'll stretch an inch or two. I'll go with a 30 instead. My initial thought was to just dry clean if I get that perfect fit, if not, I'll just go ahead and cold soak it.

I guess the fit for raw and the Dauphins is completely different. I don't think the Dauphins will stretch alot after a few wears, maybe half an inch but not more than 1 full inch.

Just a ''quick'' sizing question, I'm about to cop some MIJ raw 19cm Dior in indigo and I need to chose between 2 sizes, my ''real'' waist is 28, where I wear my jeans is 29.5. In my Samurai 710xx I can fit into a 29(pre-soak, so true 29), can't sag that much but those will stretch.

I heard the indigos stretch like 2 inches, so a 27 would measure 31 after a few wears, a 26 would be tight at first but will probably measure 30 after a few wear so what would you recommend?

I don't want an ultra skinny fit but pretty damn slim nonethless, I don't really care if I have to wear a belt with the 27, just wondering if the legs will also stretch etc.

Thanks

Anyone can help me, please?

Definitely don't do a 26. 26 is small on me even with stretching and I like them really super killing the balls tigh. My natural waist is a 27, waist where you're talking about wearing them is a 28. I'd say go for the 27.

But he's right trying them on is the best bet.

A waist that measures between 29.5-30 would be best for me, I wear them a little lower(29-30) than my true waist(28) so you think a 27(29 already) which will stretch to atleast 31 would be best for me?

Like I said I don't mind wearing a belt with them but I don't want to lose the slim look if they stretch too much.

Thanks for your help guys.

26's will be good. They'll stretch two inches in the waist, so if you want a really slim fit below the knee/through the thigh, go for them. If not, you could try a 27, but they start at 29 inches so if they stretched more than a half of an inch they would be too large. Just buy the 26's and if you cant do at least three fly buttons or if they are just too tight in the leg return them.

Damn I'm now even more confused, for sure I will have trouble buttonning the 26 at first but they will probably stretch out just fine, I'll have to wear them higher than I'm used to at first... the 27 would be a little tight too but I'll be able to button them and wear them a little lower but they'll definitely be tight on my hips at first but will they stretch too much....Like I said I'm not looking for denim leggings but pretty damn slim nonetheless, either ones will be tight at first but will the legs on the 27 stretch too much?

Anyone's got some more input here? lol I hate not being able to try them on so your help is surely appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Anyone's got some more input here? lol I hate not being able to try them on so your help is surely appreciated.

Thanks guys.

DSCF0001-1.jpg

That's what the size 27 19cm looks like on me after a month and a half of stretching. My "real" waist is a 28 and where I wear them on the hips is about a 29 (5'8'' 120 lbs)

Hope that helps

Guest Fulci

I'm off to buy my first DH 19cm, but I don't know what size I should get. I wear 31 in ACNE's max raw, and my APC's NS were 30, but fit more confortable than the acne's. I'll be trying the 31 maybe. What do you think?

I just don't know if the store sells the MII or the MIJ. I hope it's the japanese? Are they more expensive?

Guest Fulci

The thing is that it's not a Dior store, but a store that sells Dior among other stuff. I hope it's the MIJ but won't be sad if I get the MII...

But thanks... I'll try the 31...

Noone wears 19cm's properly, they look shit on most people. does anyone here aggree with me on that? Delete this thread. Best advice for fit people is to get you ass down to somwhere that sells dior and actually try some on. It cant be that hard to find a dior dealer.