Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

I think i lost chances for ankle honeycombs when i got caught in an Asian monsoon once and it bled all the starch out of my jeans in one go. Don't wash those yet man, they dont look dirty at least...

My Diors are like 9 months old now, starting to look good, those secondary hige you get after a few washes and the denim softens up are beginning to come in, I just gotta wear the hell out of the thighs though and get rid of the cell phone fade...

Guest Fulci

Just wondering, how much do the 19cm japan cost in Paris in LaFayette or Printemps? Are these stores generally cheaper or more expensive than a Dior Homme store? Or, how does luisaviaroma stand for in price as a standard?

My Diors just came in today. Check the pictures below. Can someone help me authenticate this? I bought it off someone who from China so I'm not 100% positive if the item is authentic. It looks and feel authentic but what do I know. This is my first Diors so live and learn. I about $250 for it brand new by the way. I finally realized why people are so big on Diors. The denim is butter soft and the cut is on point as well. Too bad they made them so long but anyone can change that.

IMG_8895.jpg

IMG_8896.jpg

IMG_8901.jpg

IMG_8900.jpg

IMG_8899.jpg

IMG_8898.jpg

IMG_8902.jpg

IMG_8897.jpg

Guest Chocodove2

They look good to me, though I'm not too familar with anything except for the black and indigo raws. Are they brand new and raw? Denim certainly shouldn't be butter soft unless they are a washed model.

They look good to me, though I'm not too familar with anything except for the black and indigo raws. Are they brand new and raw? Denim certainly shouldn't be butter soft unless they are a washed model.

That's my question to. I believe it's brand new raw, nothing tells me otherwise that the denim has been washed before. Looking at the picture you can tell it's a raw denim. If someone can help me find out what model this is I would greatly appreciate it. The tag picture is on the post but I can't determine what model this denim is yet.

Guest Chocodove2

Well it looks to be the 21cm in grey. No idea about season or actual model number, though. I thought that this year they only have the grey in 19cm, but I could be totally wrong. Someone like The Grapist would have a much better idea.

That's my question to. I believe it's brand new raw, nothing tells me otherwise that the denim has been washed before. Looking at the picture you can tell it's a raw denim. If someone can help me find out what model this is I would greatly appreciate it. The tag picture is on the post but I can't determine what model this denim is yet.

raw is when its never ever ever touched water. ie shrink to fit.

dry is when its been washed once. im pretty sure dior is dry.

those look legit to me. but then again you never know, them china folks are pretty crazy with the fakes..

raw is when its never ever ever touched water. ie shrink to fit.

dry is when its been washed once. im pretty sure dior is dry.

Raw and dry is exactly the same thing. One-wash is where it's been washed once (surprise, surprise!).

And the jeans look like the real thing... it has YKK clasp, buttons, it has proper size tag, it has proper dior tag, the garment care tag is the same as on mine, and everything else points towards real. All the stitching corresponds to mine too...

Uh, wouldn't something that's never been touched by water be dry? Dry/raw are the same thing. Denim is either one-wash (some Skulls), sanforized (Nudie/APC), or dry/raw (Levi's STF, Samurai, other Japanese repros).

Then again, I could be wrong.

:confused:

Uh, wouldn't something that's never been touched by water be dry? Dry/raw are the same thing. Denim is either one-wash (some Skulls), sanforized (Nudie/APC), or dry/raw (Levi's STF, Samurai, other Japanese repros).

Then again, I could be wrong.

:confused:

heh, i could have swore that was the distinction, i read it somewhere. but hey cant believe everything you read?

im pretty sure sanforized and unsanforized is a category in itself, which refers to the stretching of the fabric when the denim is processed to minimize shrinking. raw denim can be either sanforized or unsanforized

im reading old posts and tweedlesinpink, the denim guru, seems to use the terms interchangeably (raw/dry) so i am pretty sure i am wrong.

Could someone hed some info on the question below?

Hi, sorry if this has been posted before but i couldn't find any info on what i have to ask:

i have 2 pairs of indigo 19cm dior homme (mij) 28", which i bought last october. I recently tried on a black pair last (mij) week and they were were a different cut and fit to my indigo - much tighter. I wondered if the cut has in fact changed or if this is something specific to a black pair?

A lot of you guy's have said that the MIJ raw black 19cm dior's stretch quite a bit, right? Because I just got my pair from the Grapist and I can't button the last button. I have a pair of the MII Indigo 21cm in a size 28 and those have stretched a lot too. But, will these Diors stretch enough for me?

'stretch enough' is objective.I had to struggle to get the clasp done on my size 30 indigos,and now i've got an inch or so extra,and serious anti fit,they sag quite a bit...so yea,if you want them on the slight tighter side,they'll be fine.

yeah, that's what I want, thanks. I just want to be able to button them and hook the clasp so that I don't look like a moron getting my coffee with my jeans half buttoned. :)

Could someone hed some info on the question below?

Were these the 18cm black jeans/pants? Or were these indeed black raw jeans? If so, then they might've just arrived into the shop or simply nobody tried them on during the time they were there (possible, seeing as we're talking about size 28).

I want to get my Dior's hemmed a little bit and I'll be in New Orleans tomorrow, I know it might me a long shot, but does anybody know if the Saks Fifth Avenue at Canal Place has a tailor? Or any place in New Orleans that could hem them and have them back the same day? I'm leaving the country for vacation and I want to break my jeans while I'm there.

just recieved some japanese raw 19cm size 30 i bought on ebay. guy said he bought them at dior homme boutique nyc and they came stock w/ an inseam of 32 and that they've never been hemmed. is that possible? either way they're too tight and i'm just looking to get my money back ($269 shipped) so if anyone's interested email me.

im pretty sure he is lieing unless im totally wrong here again. diors typically have a 36 inseam or more, esp in the 19cm cut to create the stacking effect. 32 is really short and will give you close to no stacking. my personal pair of 27 inch 19cms that i purchased myself at a dh store has a 36 inseam, so no its not too tight, something is wrong.

yup. i did. im 5'6". i was intially going to hem them but there are people at the dior homme store that are around my height and wear them very nicely. i decided just to ride it out and wear them anyways without hemming them.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=415875&postcount=1890

i think if you are 5'10" you shouldnt worry about a thing. im sure the stacking is just fine.

Can anyone inform me of the relative prices of Dior denim, I mean how much is the cheapest pair, and the most expensive. Just curious. And specifically anyone know the price of Dry Blacks 19 cm

$295 + tax if you can get it locally

$340 if you get them from The Grapist (incl shipping), highly recommended, he's pretty much the official supplier of DH jeans on this board. Look in supermarket.

up to $600 or so for different washes

$295 + tax if you can get it locally

$340 if you get them from The Grapist (incl shipping), highly recommended, he's pretty much the official supplier of DH jeans on this board. Look in supermarket.

up to $600 or so for different washes

I got a few washed pairs for about $500 as well, rather than $600 ;)