Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

hello Tiranis i must admit i am not 100% sure of what natural waist measurement is so i assumed it was the circumference around my bellybutton. is that right? please do advise. As to an option of buying different jeans...i would hold off on that one until i've exhasuted all possiblility of getting a perfect fit 19cm; its kinda like waking up on christmas morning and not getting what you wanted. its disappointing as hell. heheh.:)

Well, the reason I'm saying this is because you already bought a size 28. That's technically sized down by 2. Going down by 3 is already pretty crazy, considering they're supposed to hang on hips (in your case 33.5").

I just think that April 77 would suit your tastes better, but that's just my personal opinion. Or perhaps the 17cm model, although those only come washed I think.

Well, the reason I'm saying this is because you already bought a size 28. That's technically sized down by 2. Going down by 3 is already pretty crazy, considering they're supposed to hang on hips (in your case 33.5").

I just think that April 77 would suit your tastes better, but that's just my personal opinion. Or perhaps the 17cm model, although those only come washed I think.

I would agree with Tiranis here. You have an interestingly proportioned body as it seems they fit you great in the hips, but you have no ass, so they look baggy. By the way, I'm not trying to put you down or anything, just saying you might want something that is slimmer in the legs with a little stretch.

Something like April 77 would fit you in the hips and would be tighter in the ass and thigh area to make it a little more fitted.

Or if you want to stay with Diors, you can try the 18cm super skinny jeans. I have no clue on how they fit when compared to standard 19cm Diors, but I'm assuming they are smaller in the leg. They have them on LVR for reference.

Cheers.

Hey everyone. I'm new to the superfuture forums, but I have been browsing through the forums for about 2 weeks now.

Last Thursday, I read this and a few other posts about Dior denim jeans, and I suddenly fell in love. They're the jeans I've always dreamt of having. The perfect slim cut/fit jeans. So I had gotten inspiration to go out and look for a pair of decent Dior jeans.

I tried Jeffreys in NYC first.. They had a few pieces, but not many that caught my eye, except this one pair, that they didn't have my size in. So one of the sales reps, who's really cool [ivan], gave me a model # and info on the jeans, so that I may check other stores for them. The Dior boutique had no idea about these jeans. They looked perplexed and eventually told me that they never ordered them. However, they suggested that I go out and try Barneys or Saks. I also found it odd how they charge WAY more in the boutique for jeans than in Jeffreys. [ex. a pair of dark black denim were $255 at Jeffreys, and $295 at the Dior Boutique on madison).

So I did, and both Barneys and Saks had jeans that interested me. I went and bought the black denim jeans from Saks for $276 total, which was probably the most I've ever spent on jeans before [i usually get D&G, Dolce & Gabbana, Emporio Armani, A/X, or Diesel all under $170).

3 Days later.. The jeans stretched out... alot. I bought them in a size 29, and they must've stretched to about a 30. I thought about getting them tailored, but then I read another post somewhere on here, and someone mentioned that getting them tailored just really defeats the purpose, and destroys the denim.

So yesterday [4th of July], I ran out to Saks at 6 [they closed at 7] and got there at 6:40. I had a sales rep hold me a 28 in the jeans, but she gave me another pair. So I tried both 28's on [dark blue denim and the dark black denim]. The sales rep did mention that they will stretch out a bit within a few days of wear. I had eventually made up my mind, and I decided to do an exchange for the dark blue denim.

Also, I'm not too Dior "smart", so I don't know if they're Italian denim, Japanese denim, 19cm, 21cm, etc. If anyone can give me some information on that type of stuff, that would be great.

Anyways, now here are the new babys ;; and they fit JUST great! Let me know what you guys think of them! :)

CIMG2886.jpg

CIMG2888.jpg

CIMG2890.jpg

CIMG2893.jpg

Umm... uhh... they're meant to be worn fairly loose. I can't imagine that the 29 fit you that loose, since the 28 is skin tight and ugly. It's supposed to be loose in top block, skinny at the bottom.

To sum it up: you look like a gay retard. (no offense to real gays... I'm having hard time coming up with something more appropriate)

yep, the jeans fit real tight on u even tho u'd expect them to stretch (probably mostly on the waist and the knee), and i think they'd look better worn on the hips

theres a tag on the inside of the jeans that shows whether its made in Jp or Italy so check that

as with whether u got the 19 or 21cm cut, measure the leg opening and do a search on the thread for references

if its not too late imo its probably better to size up on the jeans or start doing some exercise

u r probably better off with april 77 joey overdrives

those will give u a slimmer fit i am sure

hello i need some help here

i just got a pair of MIJ 19cms in size 28.

i am 125lbs and 5"10 and these are really loose at the bum area. now i'm really confused as to which size i should get: need some advice here! thanks so much.

edit:

my natural waist is 30 inches

my pelvic bone (where the jeans rest) is 33.5inches

my thighs are 17.5 at the widest point and i have chicken legs.

heres a couple of (hastily taken) pictures. Really need help BAD.

theres a tag on the inside of the jeans that shows whether its made in Jp or Italy so check that

as with whether u got the 19 or 21cm cut, measure the leg opening and do a search on the thread for references

19cm, it's on the sales tag... :)

The denim is made in Japan....

To me, the denim feels nicer, sturdier, but other than that there really isn't that big of a difference. But I really have no clue if there is a different dying technique, etc. I just go by how they look/feel. :)

The denim is made in Japan....

To me, the denim feels nicer, sturdier, but other than that there really isn't that big of a difference. But I really have no clue if there is a different dying technique, etc. I just go by how they look/feel. :)

They have a different fit... MII fit way bigger. If you want the real Dior look, then go MIJ...

Just don't get them as tight as that dude mid-way through this page.

Hey everyone. I'm new to the superfuture forums, but I have been browsing through the forums for about 2 weeks now.

Last Thursday, I read this and a few other posts about Dior denim jeans, and I suddenly fell in love. They're the jeans I've always dreamt of having. The perfect slim cut/fit jeans. So I had gotten inspiration to go out and look for a pair of decent Dior jeans.

I tried Jeffreys in NYC first.. They had a few pieces, but not many that caught my eye, except this one pair, that they didn't have my size in. So one of the sales reps, who's really cool [ivan], gave me a model # and info on the jeans, so that I may check other stores for them. The Dior boutique had no idea about these jeans. They looked perplexed and eventually told me that they never ordered them. However, they suggested that I go out and try Barneys or Saks. I also found it odd how they charge WAY more in the boutique for jeans than in Jeffreys. [ex. a pair of dark black denim were $255 at Jeffreys, and $295 at the Dior Boutique on madison).

So I did, and both Barneys and Saks had jeans that interested me. I went and bought the black denim jeans from Saks for $276 total, which was probably the most I've ever spent on jeans before [i usually get D&G, Dolce & Gabbana, Emporio Armani, A/X, or Diesel all under $170).

3 Days later.. The jeans stretched out... alot. I bought them in a size 29, and they must've stretched to about a 30. I thought about getting them tailored, but then I read another post somewhere on here, and someone mentioned that getting them tailored just really defeats the purpose, and destroys the denim.

So yesterday [4th of July], I ran out to Saks at 6 [they closed at 7] and got there at 6:40. I had a sales rep hold me a 28 in the jeans, but she gave me another pair. So I tried both 28's on [dark blue denim and the dark black denim]. The sales rep did mention that they will stretch out a bit within a few days of wear. I had eventually made up my mind, and I decided to do an exchange for the dark blue denim.

Also, I'm not too Dior "smart", so I don't know if they're Italian denim, Japanese denim, 19cm, 21cm, etc. If anyone can give me some information on that type of stuff, that would be great.

Anyways, now here are the new babys ;; and they fit JUST great! Let me know what you guys think of them! :)

*censored for obscenity*

Do you honestly look in the mirror and think that fit is "great"? I'm sorry.

I don't know what to do!

Should I exchange them for a diff size? I hate how they fit on the waist, thighs could use a lil bit more room, but the slimming below the knee is perfect!

Could I get them in a 21cm size 28? how does that work?

I'm leaving to the hamptons tomorrow at 3, and I have to decide whether or not to exchange these before I go! :mad:

JCM, fact is, they aren't going to stretch that much from the knee down in any size. Buy the size that FITS, not the one you can squeeze into. Honestly, I think you should go with a 30.

Tiranis gave some good advice a page or two ago; Measure your true waist and then measure where you wear your jeans (at the hip). This will help you determine the size. Hell, if it helps, have an SA measure the waist for you or bring your own tape measure.

No worries man. Just try on some different sizes and styles and get what you like most but also keep in mind they shouldn't be skin tight from the start. Snug, maybe, but not skin tight.

that is absolutely right. After my little experience (refer coupla pages back), you realize that too little or too much bum area is no good at all. imo you shd size up or go with the 21cms, those were huge when i tried them on so i think they shd fit you just fine.

on another note, thanks so much to everyone who took time to reply; i've decided to go with the 26, seeing how 27 would mean only a 1/2 inch difference, whereas the 26 would be a full inch. is that right? pls do correct me here if i'm wrong.

I need some help with finding the right size on my dior 19cm. My true waist size is like 32 or something and im woundering if i maby could wear 29 or maby 28 ( i have heard that they acually messure one size larger than tag)? will those strech to fit my 31-32 waist? I really want that tight fit.

I need some help with finding the right size on my dior 19cm. My true waist size is like 32 or something and im woundering if i maby could wear 29 or maby 28 ( i have heard that they acually messure one size larger than tag)? will those strech to fit my 31-32 waist? I really want that tight fit.

what the hell, maybe u shoulda read up a little more on the thread (i know its hard since theres so much garbage here (this thread specifically))

if ur true waist is 32 (i'd assume ur hip would be 33'), how the hell do u expect urself to button up at all??? u will probably get as far as the second button and thats it since a tagged 28 would measure 30 and tagged 29 = 31'

and if u want to achieve the dior look then seriosuly, get a 30 tagged or even a 31, i have no idea where ppl get the idea of sizing down so much, cos u'll just get an ass-tight look

but again it also depends on ur physique so u better hop in a store and try them on if u can, cos these jeans arent exactly cheap

ollek maybe this can be of some help to you: i some problems with the sizing as well, my natural waist is 30inches, and the circumference around my bum measures 28inches. My hip at the pelvic bone measures 33.5 inches and i've tried on the 28, they were way too baggy at the back so im gonna be sizing down. hope that helps! (: