MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a great piece, one of the best MF pieces but i am not wowed by it on me. But I think I have sussed why that might be and coupled with the slight change in circumstances, it deserves another chance. And let's face it, Christophe's well-worn jacket which is hanging up in the store pretty much embodies what MF is all about.

• 2 weeks later...

In terms of length, this is probably just me, but I like to use that extra length (for my MF denim/chambray shirts) untucked as a kind of apron when doing manual work.

Also, as big truck points out, untucked always works better with jeans that have a fuller cut.

I was in the shop the other day and mentioned the hole in the shirt - "yeah, that's the NOS fabric for you". I ain't even mad. Dude was super cool, talked with my girlfriend (who gave me money for Mister Freedom as a birthday present) and I for about an hour while I walked laps around the store. It never gets old. Forgot the guy's name...he's the guy in the bowler hat in the promo pictures. None of the shirts I wanted ended up fitting me, but I did walk out with one of the selvedge denim sacks. I love it.

There's two Johns? Isn't the younger homie named John, too?

Yeah you always feel like there's something you missed. Not to mention standing in awe at those ten feet long Levi's hanging from the rafters.

The best (and worst) part is the shop is literally right around the corner from Self Edge and American Rag...it's hard to resist driving down every weekend.

The guy in the bowler hat is John. Dont know about another john but it is a year since I was last there.

MF has managed that good trick of making sure that there are loads of pieces you could put together so you it would be quite easy to leave the store with a complete outfit/look.

John is awesome, lovely guy and supremely knowledgeable, exactly the kind of employee you'd want working at MF.

I was in recently on a trip home from Vegas with the girlfriend, and was lucky enough for Christophe to pop down from upstairs and engage me in conversation.

We had an interesting discussion on the psychology of washed denim, and then some crazy old man jumped in between us demanding Christophe sell him an old captain's hat; Christophe was not a fan of that guy.